North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

lol you sound like you are just being contrarian about this you should relax and be positive and believe in the future technology is advancing rapidly and there are people who are literally changing the world, today, for the better

choose to be positive my guy
I'm positive we had a week of blackouts here in Texas last February. What happens when we get BEV growth, back to rolling blackouts.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm positive we had a week of blackouts here in Texas last February. What happens when we get BEV growth, back to rolling blackouts.
Abbott need to get his house in order wind aint it nergy storage using batteries and grid management is where it is at look at what they did for Australia balanced and stabilized they grid

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never really was in to the electric vehicle hype, but they have done pretty well and in the next couple of years, they are going to explode on the market. This one is a quad motor design with up to 7700lb towing capacity.

For me the downside on all electrics is the downtime for charging and the need to be at a charging station... Are they really only good for commuting? Anyone with a TESLA X to give their opinion and experience?

The Launch Edition is sold out, but the Adventure Package orders would expect to begin delivery in January. The only difference is a special color and a special wheel and tire package on the Launch Edition.

https://rivian.com/r1s

Rivian R1S.jpg
Plenty of time to save up for it since it has been delayed indefinitely.

WARPIG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 17 F350, 05 Jeep LJ, 06 Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've owned every brand of cordless drill there is. That's because over time they all let you down. and loose the battery capacity as well. Good luck with the fire hazard, both home and on the road, along with the lack of distance traveling on vacation

Sponsored

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've owned every brand of cordless drill there is. That's because over time they all let you down. and loose the battery capacity as well. Good luck with the fire hazard, both home and on the road, along with the lack of distance traveling on vacation
FUD lol did you just equate a electric vehicle with a cordless drill lmao

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was dead set on a Rivian truck and said I had owned my last gas vehicle, until the Bronco debut, then I reserved one that evening šŸ¤£. Sold my 170k miles 2013 Explorer. Now Iā€™m sitting in a Model Y juicing up my battery, waiting for my Bronco to arrive. Something about the feeling of electric torque, is so addictive.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they put the Sky one touch top concept from the wrangler, Iā€™m in. Seriously. Between 4Runner and Rivian, who do you think makes the bold move first? This assumes all side/ rear glass can go down and the sky top. It would be a sales run better than the Telluride.

Nbhave

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just reserved an R1S for the third row because weā€™re having twins! We have a model S and actually home charging is amazing. Much more convenient to charge at home at night every week or so than buy gas at a gas station.

will swap the Tesla for the rivian as I donā€™t like the X stying ā€” too minivan for me.

Bottom line- Bronco never in jeopardy as the ā€˜fun carā€™.

Sponsored

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport & '08Ford F-150 FX2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not too practical for trail adventures, no plugs in the wilderness.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m an engineer whoā€™s trained to analyse, evaluate and calculate risk. I am very positive with things that make sense, less so when they donā€™t. As I said, letā€™s check back on this topic in 5 and 10 yearsā€™ time and see how the conversation goes. The electricity crisis unfolding in England and Germany as we speak was predicted to happen by engineers like me at least 10 years ago. Unlike models, real-word physical constraints are what they are.

Anyway, Iā€™m going to enjoy the hell out of my Bronco, and Iā€˜ll sign off on this topic. As I said earlier, enjoy what you choose to drive! šŸ˜€
I'm unfamiliar with england or Germany. Are their grids as bad as the USA's? I sure hope not.

AgentKooper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The TFL video on the Wrangler 4xe was very interesting. They were able to climb about 2 miles of trail in all-electric mode on a full charge before they exhausted the battery. Does the Rivian have way more capacity? Because Iā€™m having a hard time seeing how an all-electric vehicle is a viable off-roader given the performance of the 4xe.
Sponsored