Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I called my dealer to see if he could give me a safe bet on how far out my Bronco could be built.
His perspective and inside info lead him to believe I might here something in October. I'm a morning after reservation holder with 4 of the deadly sins. Just thought I would throw that out there in case everyone was watching their inbox's every Thursday. I didn't want any of my bronco bucks tied up with closing cost, so I was trying to see how much time I could Re-coop for money down.
Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Few questions you should ask yourself in my experience.

Will the refinance reduce the interest rate 1% or more? Say you have a 3.9 will it be reduced to 2.9?
Generally if you can cut 1% off the rate it is worth refinancing.

Are you looking to reduce the term of the loan? For example looking to go from a 30yr to a 15yr with only being in the current 30yr for say 3yrs that shaves a chunk of time off the loan.

Are you consolidating debt...if so how much and will the increase in payment be worth payoff of other debt. Also with that how likely are you to rack up said debt being consolidated back up?

Do you currently pay PMI and a refi would put you under the 80% mark or get you out of a FHA loan that is PMI for the life of the loan?

We refinanced late last year as it almost dropped our rate the 1% (.8) and we went to a 20yr from a 30yr but are paying that 20 on a 15yr schedule. Worst case we shave 5yrs off our loan as we had 25yrs left on our 30yr and best case we shave off 10. Regular payment went up like $20 a month from a 30yr. We also paid off a little debt and the loan was still less than the original purchase/build price of our home. We did not plan on the refi but it was great timing...far enough away from the bronco purchase to be spaced 6-10mo prior.

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We just refinanced from a 30 at 3.875 to 15 at 2.125... worth it if you can swing it right now with rates so low.

OP
OP
FATHORSE

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We just refinanced from a 30 at 3.875 to 15 at 2.125... worth it if you can swing it right now with rates so low.
Someone else told me they got a rate that low, Who did you go through?

Sponsored

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Someone else told me they got a rate that low, Who did you go through?
Amerisave had the lowest rate offered. I am annoyed because my credit ends up taking a hit from multiple checks to get a rate quoted.

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went from 4 to 2.85 through lenderfi on a 30 year around November of '20. They had surprisingly low fees, most of what I had to put down was for escrow. Not mad about it so far :) seemed like it was worth it 🤷‍♀️

OP
OP
FATHORSE

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Amerisave had the lowest rate offered. I am annoyed because my credit ends up taking a hit from multiple checks to get a rate quoted.
Thanks for the info. I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I should of waited, but I am happy in the 2 to 3 % range.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Tell me about it. Credit checks for loan approvals should have zero affect on your score; really eliminates your ability to shop.....

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This doesn't benefit OP because it is only available in CA, but owning.com has 1.99% rate and APR for a 15 year refinance. About 18 months ago they were at @2.875% and under $100 in closing costs to refinance. Now the owning.com APR and rates are at 1.99%, but there are more fees in there, so no more under $100 closing cost.

BroncoWar1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco, F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Few questions you should ask yourself in my experience.

Will the refinance reduce the interest rate 1% or more? Say you have a 3.9 will it be reduced to 2.9?
Generally if you can cut 1% off the rate it is worth refinancing.

Are you looking to reduce the term of the loan? For example looking to go from a 30yr to a 15yr with only being in the current 30yr for say 3yrs that shaves a chunk of time off the loan.

Are you consolidating debt...if so how much and will the increase in payment be worth payoff of other debt. Also with that how likely are you to rack up said debt being consolidated back up?

Do you currently pay PMI and a refi would put you under the 80% mark or get you out of a FHA loan that is PMI for the life of the loan?

We refinanced late last year as it almost dropped our rate the 1% (.8) and we went to a 20yr from a 30yr but are paying that 20 on a 15yr schedule. Worst case we shave 5yrs off our loan as we had 25yrs left on our 30yr and best case we shave off 10. Regular payment went up like $20 a month from a 30yr. We also paid off a little debt and the loan was still less than the original purchase/build price of our home. We did not plan on the refi but it was great timing...far enough away from the bronco purchase to be spaced 6-10mo prior.
I work in mortgage banking and if you can reduce your rate by 1% and keep your closing cost low. It's a great time to refinance and take advantage of these low rates!. With home values rising many qualify for a Refinance w/o PMI and appraisals are waived. I just did mine and went from 30yr to 15yr fix and dropped the rate to 2.25%.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My brother just bought a house. 1.1 million 2.25% 375k down. Pentagon federal

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This doesn't benefit OP because it is only available in CA, but owning.com has 1.99% rate and APR for a 15 year refinance. About 18 months ago they were at @2.875% and under $100 in closing costs to refinance. Now the owning.com APR and rates are at 1.99%, but there are more fees in there, so no more under $100 closing cost.
I called owning at the end of last year, they were getting so much business that they had a loan minimum in the 400k range(can't remember exact amount). Also, they were not willing to do cashout loans. So make sure you confirm all the terms before making a decision.

Peter
Sponsored