Sponsored

Thinking of giving up my reservation because...

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You are on crack if you think the Warthog is coming out next year with the 5.0.

Hell I am smoking a LOT of crack and the more I smoke, the more I know for a fact that the Warthog will come out next week with a V10.

:)
Ford Bronco Thinking of giving up my reservation because... 1509378197_tumblr_msyhb60fyC1ssu371o1_500
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Pretty sure all this was known 3 months ago when reservations opened. Why you're waiting until now to cancel I can't help you with. You can cancel your early reservation and hurry up and jump on the 2k invoice deal at Granger and hope for better options in MY22 or keep enjoying your FJ and no payments if it's not what you want.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 2.3L turbo 4 has 270 hp and a Ford tune easily puts that over 300, and matched with the 7 sp manual, I guarantee that thing will scoot for a 4wd off roadwr, which, how fast do you need it to go anyway? No real need for the 2.7.

On the soft top issue, get the Black Diamond with the waterproof/resistant interior, and just run the Ford Bikini top. If you get caught in a little rain it will be fine.

That will be the next best thing to your 40. Iā€™m into theBronco because itā€™s the first thing to come along since my previous FJ40s, other than a Jeep, that offered this type of experience.

We now have the option to get the modern equivalent of an FJ40, in the mid 30s, and itā€™s not a Jeep!

Related tidbit, the FJ40 was not offered in the US as a softop version after 1975.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a first night reservation. I want a mansquatch. Sounds like to get it, I'll be forced to give up the reservation. If I can't order it in December, I have to decide if I want to wait, order something close but not exactly what I want, or just get something else altogether. Hopefully things get clearer on the whole mansquatch order situation, but right now I'm somewhat undecided on what I'll do.

OP
OP
DustyBronco

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2.3L turbo 4 has 270 hp and a Ford tune easily puts that over 300, and matched with the 7 sp manual, I guarantee that thing will scoot for a 4wd off roadwr, which, how fast do you need it to go anyway? No real need for the 2.7.

Fair question, need to do 75+ up a hill towing two dirt bikes

And youā€™re right. Wranglers have been the only real off road option with a removable roof for 20 years. Happy to have another option.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DustyBronco

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a first night reservation. I want a mansquatch. Sounds like to get it, I'll be forced to give up the reservation. If I can't order it in December, I have to decide if I want to wait, order something close but not exactly what I want, or just get something else altogether. Hopefully things get clearer on the whole mansquatch order situation, but right now I'm somewhat undecided on what I'll do.
Same boat, if I could get the manual with the 6 cyl that would help

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It sounds like the dealer will have info on late availability items when we go to place our orders. At least be able to check a box and put us on the waiting list. Same boat for me just with the modular top.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The base engine in the Bronco is the most powerful Bronco engine ever produced, and more powerful than any Land Cruiser engine up through 2007! It will haul a couple dirt bikes up a hill like a champ.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think so, that be t morning by 8am. Local dealership called me that day and said they had 33 before me.
Absolutely, you should cancel. Show em who's boss.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DustyBronco

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I was awake Iā€™d probably have a first night res, think I was probably drinking. Didnā€™t even know it was coming out. When I saw it at work I immediately made the res...after canceling like three times lol

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Warthog was mention as a MY25 (Model Year)
5.0 will not fit
2.7TT in F150 already has tuning for 400/500 (voids warrantee)
- but 30hp tune may be available from factory
Raptor 3.0TT if anything in Warthog
Don't need hp for off-roading, only mall cruising
Probably do not want to go above 110mph with Sas 35s

The only thinking killing my reservation is the interior choices in the WT!!!!!!

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On the soft top issue, get the Black Diamond with the waterproof/resistant interior, and just run the Ford Bikini top. If you get caught in a little rain it will be fine.

That will be the next best thing to your 40. Iā€™m into theBronco because itā€™s the first thing to come along since my previous FJ40s, other than a Jeep, that offered this type of experience.

We now have the option to get the modern equivalent of an FJ40, in the mid 30s, and itā€™s not a Jeep!

Related tidbit, the FJ40 was not offered in the US as a softop version after 1975.
The first lines is what blows my mind. I drove a 2006 Mustang GT for years V8 4.6L that topped out at 296HP before I modded and tuned it. I find it damn impressive what they are doing with these "smaller" engines.

And from the few times I have put the hammer down in my current Mustang (496HP) I wouldn't want that in a "Standard" Bronco. With the 10 SPD auto I have broke the tires loose going into third, I'd be scared shitless trying that in heavier vehicle.

OP
OP
DustyBronco

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed...wish I could just get a soft top only. No need for a hard top clogging up my barn

And prefer the greater horsepower with a manual and crawl gear

And I didnā€™t see the fancy fold down tailgate thing on the build and price.

Oh and maybe a winch that is tucked away a bit more...or an 8274

Or the stupid led lights on the black diamond

Still the best off road truck to come out since I have been an adult...
Sponsored