Nikole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our 4door 2.7L badlands dropped a valve and blew the engine, leaving us stranded when on a road trip. Ford is replacing the engine. However, the experience was so bad and now we have doubts about taking it on future road trips or taking it anywhere out of cell service. Ford denied our request that they buy it back, so we are thinking of selling it. At this point, we are not even sure about how to price it. Any suggestions for determining a good price point? MSRP was $51,875. Don't want to take a loss and know they are going over MSRP right now.
Currently has about 2900 miles.
Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s horrible. Be interesting to see what it gets. My guess is that you’ll be made whole plus, but what a bummer. Good luck.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Our 4door 2.7L badlands dropped a valve and blew the engine, leaving us stranded when on a road trip. Ford is replacing the engine. However, the experience was so bad and now we have doubts about taking it on future road trips or taking it anywhere out of cell service. Ford denied our request that they buy it back, so we are thinking of selling it. At this point, we are not even sure about how to price it. Any suggestions for determining a good price point? MSRP was $51,875. Don't want to take a loss and know they are going over MSRP right now.
Currently has about 2900 miles.
Are you willing to share the VIN number or the original motor serial number. I am trying to determine what engines are at risk - I currently have a small range, but need more data. (It will also help you assure yourself that the replacement engine is not in the serial number range of those blowing up). I can get the motor serial number from the VIN.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once that engine is replaced, should be able to fully recover MSRP. Not sure anyone would be up front on that, but with a new engine, I wouldn't worry about it.

Heck, your dealership may buy it from you, but Carmax, Carvana as others have pointed out are good, no risk places to start.

On the issue itself and getting suck somewhere, any car can do that. I had a BMW engine totally lose compression in the engine at around 40K miles at 4 years. BMW basically replaced this near $20K engine for free; I only paid $700 out of pocket, which was fair, then sold the truck to Carmax, then purchased a brand new one of the same model. Point is, the issue didn't bother me, as it happens.

Any internal combustion engine can and will fail at any time. Other point is that you should always be prepared for emergencies, and this doesn't include a cell phone. I carry a Garmin InReach Mini on ALL trips. Why? because of what you pointed out. There are many other options, but I like my Garmin.

Beyond that, a tool set, LI jumper, etc are always in the car with me along with flash light, blanket or some sort of jacket for the entire family because you never know and I'm not a wishful thinker. Not OCD, but in my opinion everything I just listed are bare basics because machines fail and mother nature can be temperamental.

Go prepared.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been there, done that. I sold the truck and moved on rather than worry about it daily.

My VW Touareg TDI had a major failure (under warranty) that stranded the wife and I while towing a trailer full of guns and ammo across rural AZ. We were planning on towing a heavy enclosed trailer from AZ to MA as part of our move the following month, but after the failure experience we debated that the truck needed to go. It had been solid to that point, but neither of us trusted it afterwards. My service advisor at VW had previously asked me if I wanted to sell the truck, and asked again when I picked it up after the repair. He made me an offer at a fair market price, so I sold it. We ended up leasing a new Tacoma a few months later which has been great.

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Once that engine is replaced, should be able to fully recover MSRP. Not sure anyone would be up front on that, but with a new engine, I wouldn't worry about it.

Heck, your dealership may buy it from you, but Carmax, Carvana as others have pointed out are good, no risk places to start.

On the issue itself and getting suck somewhere, any car can do that. I had a BMW engine totally lose compression in the engine at around 40K miles at 4 years. BMW basically replaced this near $20K engine for free; I only paid $700 out of pocket, which was fair, then sold the truck to Carmax, then purchased a brand new one of the same model. Point is, the issue didn't bother me, as it happens.

Any internal combustion engine can and will fail at any time. Other point is that you should always be prepared for emergencies, and this doesn't include a cell phone. I carry a Garmin InReach Mini on ALL trips. Why? because of what you pointed out. There are many other options, but I like my Garmin.

Beyond that, a tool set, LI jumper, etc are always in the car with me along with flash light, blanket or some sort of jacket for the entire family because you never know and I'm not a wishful thinker. Not OCD, but in my opinion everything I just listed are bare basics because machines fail and mother nature can be temperamental.

Go prepared.
Tell me you're from the Midwest without telling me you're from the Midwest? I keep a bag of ice melt in the car as well, if needed to get traction somewhere.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d get 5-6 bids (Carvanna, carmax, local dealer) and sell to the highest bidder. In my case, I’d trade it to save sales tax.

it does not sound like you can be reeled in. I’d sell it and regain the mental space.
Sponsored