First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All I want is a BD with the high package, is that too much to ask for. ;)

Mike
Sponsored

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With all this time on my hands waiting for a build date (Aug 3rd res) and deadly sins, I've been mulling around going to the high package. This is mostly for the bigger screen (cause my eyes suck) and the 360 camera, which would be hella useful offroad.

What's the group's pro/con list of adding another $1,300 to my build?

I've got a 4dr Badlands squatch on order. Hoping to see it before 2023!
Honestly with Badlands I feel like it's a MUST - I was a BL Mid that switched to High primarily after seeing the screen and 360 cam in person! Absolutely worth it - the smaller screen just looks weird because you can tell it was designed for the 12" space - also it's nice to have those mirror lights which look cool and will work great using area lights when camping at night - plus your resale value will be much higher if that matters

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All I want is a BD with the high package, is that too much to ask for. ;)

Mike
Agree. I started with a BD then switched to BL to get the high package. I actually wanted the sway disconnect but the price jump for that alone was pretty steep. Was going SAS either way.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Doooooo it! I did after seeing 12 inches in person. (Ok, insert “that’s what she said” here)

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same logic here, BL high. I’m debating going to Lux just to get the highest optioned manual transmission truck available. I wouldn’t mind the heated steering wheel, but I’m not sure how well the ACC can work with a manual.

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2 Things I wish I did... Mid to High package and Lockers... would have been like 2k... who cares. Dumb.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At OffRodeo this past weekend did the trails with a MT badlands with the small screen after driving an auto with the big screen , If you are ever gonna go down a road requiring your Squatch tires it will be a lot less “chruntchy “ on you skid plates if you get the camera to help place your tires. That and the sway bar disco really rock ( pun intended ) This is one that if you don’t get you will regret Especially on that first uphill rocky trail where the only forward view is your hood bulge with the trail sights outlined against a clear blue sky.
I was wondering about this and was glad I got to drive both during my off rodeo experience.

The badlands I drove had the tech but no sasquatch. I had no trouble driving with the other sasquatch models and didn't rely on the tech. After day 1 my wife was asking about getting it.

Day 2 we took a base sasquatch with no tech and I had a blast driving around without the giant screen (which I hate).

Granted, it was with professionals guiding us but I liked the experience enough we opted to not up the tech (ours is a bigger jump of course, from base electronics to high).

But if one loves technology, the cameras were cool especially for the passengers to look at.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
With all this time on my hands waiting for a build date (Aug 3rd res) and deadly sins, I've been mulling around going to the high package. This is mostly for the bigger screen (cause my eyes suck) and the 360 camera, which would be hella useful offroad.

What's the group's pro/con list of adding another $1,300 to my build?

I've got a 4dr Badlands squatch on order. Hoping to see it before 2023!
Ha ha same res date as me! I went with the BD and it only offers the mid package which is all I need. My car has all the bells and whistles and I prefer less tech with my Bronco than more. I only went with the mid package because of the heated seats and a few other little things, and I personally prefer a smaller screen and I won't be rock crawling and doing anything crazy with it anyway. Will your BD have power seats, thats one thing I'm bummed about. Seems nuts to spend $46,000 on a truck and live with manual seats, yet here we are.

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Look at it this way. 1300 bucks is pocket change compared to the overall cost. I had the same wonder going from the high to the lux, and decided what the heck, in for a penny in for a pound. I say get it if you want it. You certainly don't to be driving down the road in your new Bronco thinking "I wish I would have......" (fill in the blank).
I look at it this way - if you keep your vehicle 10 years that’s only 130 a year for those luxuries

OP
OP
AZMikeL

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, e-mailed my dealer to put in for the high package. Normally I'm not a fan of a lot of tech off-road, but there's so much packed in the base, might as well go for the extra goodies (for me 360 camera and 12" screen) in the high.

Lux is mostly useless for me as we have heated steering wheels 9 months of the year here anyway. Will upgrade stock stereo if I find it inadequate. Note: I've driven my F-350 XLT with a horrid stereo for 6 years now and never upgraded it. You just have to imagine the bass notes!

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aftermarket upgrading of deeply integrated tech such as built-in displays is a fools errand. Trying to do that for $1300 in the aftermarket will be laughable and will end up feeling janky and sad. Step up to high...buy once and enjoy.
Sponsored