Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford F-150, Honda Clarity
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I know a lot of us have been going back and forth on all the options with the bronco, 2 - 4 door, manual or auto etc. I've gotten to the debate in my head where I'm considering a lower trim. Black Diamond in particular. Originally it was Badlands or bust, and I was all in on the manual. I've now changed my position on the manual, and have switched to the 2.7 Auto... (for now). But I was looking through the options, and doing the various pricing guestimates. And the lower trims while adding the things that I find important sasquatch, modular bumpers, and whatever will come in the aftermarket. I can get a very capable Bronco, and add aftermarket parts later as I see fit. It also makes the Bronco that much more affordable for me. I should add that I will be taking my bronco on trails, rock crawling will probably be minimal. So again making the Badlands seem like overkill. So my question is this, cost per performance, am I right in thinking that for my needs (hitting some trails, daily driver, overlanding) etc, that a lower lever trim like the BD will be more than enough?
Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The BD should cover your needs as described especially with the Squatch.

Badlands has some extra features and opens up some other option choices but BD will get you to your destinations it sounds like and leaves room for pricing in some other accessories, etc

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I know a lot of us have been going back and forth on all the options with the bronco, 2 - 4 door, manual or auto etc. I've gotten to the debate in my head where I'm considering a lower trim. Black Diamond in particular. Originally it was Badlands or bust, and I was all in on the manual. I've now changed my position on the manual, and have switched to the 2.7 Auto... (for now). But I was looking through the options, and doing the various pricing guestimates. And the lower trims while adding the things that I find important sasquatch, modular bumpers, and whatever will come in the aftermarket. I can get a very capable Bronco, and add aftermarket parts later as I see fit. It also makes the Bronco that much more affordable for me. I should add that I will be taking my bronco on trails, rock crawling will probably be minimal. So again making the Badlands seem like overkill. So my question is this, cost per performance, am I right in thinking that for my needs (hitting some trails, daily driver, overlanding) etc, that a lower lever trim like the BD will be more than enough?
Lol, good luck. I am struggling with it as well.
More than likely the BD will be perfectly capable and suited for most offroading in reasonable conditions.
When you get into MOAB and Badlands high level trails is when the BL will shine the most and will be useful.
I m also considering lower level now. (started off WT and still am).
I'm considering getting a BL (whether it is viewed as lower level or not, that is quite a toss-up) stock with the 33's, or maybe even jumping down to the BD to drive sooner.
Putting in a res at Grainger for the great incentive and selling the one I get first before taking delivery of the 2nd (which WILL be either a BL or WT, hopefully in a matte green).

Long story short:
BD is a capable off road rig with the right additions (ones that make the most sense for the price), and I would not hesitate to get it.
My opinion, anyway.

OP
OP
AbsoluteFord

AbsoluteFord

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The BD should cover your needs as described especially with the Squatch.

Badlands has some extra features and opens up some other option choices but BD will get you to your destinations it sounds like and leaves room for pricing in some other accessories, etc
Yea that's what I was thinking, I really want some wiggle room for Accessories. And unfortunately the Badlands starts creeping up in price. But who knows, when B&P comes out, maybe I'll change my mind...... again.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The mansquatch was a bit of a game changer/cause for reevaluating. I was Badlands to get a manual as close to sas as possible as I want the upgraded front axle. I reserved a BD thinking I could possibly add sas...then I could not...moved to BL...now I can and looking over the BD with sas.

B&P will see a flurry of activity but as of right now I am thinking BD with sas and mid and hardtop. Might still go BL with a hardtop. Basically swapping the SBD for the Mid cost wise looks to be just under 200 over a std BL.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you're not rock-crawling (and maybe even if you are) the BD is going to be super-capable.

I'm in the same situation. Originally was going with the BL with no options but now mostly settled on the BD.

I'll be able to add a few extra options if I choose and still save money over the BL. All while still be able to rip some wild trails with no concern.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would think any of the trims would be fantastic for trail riding and such. I also originally was going Badlands 2.7/Auto... For what I'll do, I'm looking to drop down in trim. I could save $$ and add a few accessories. Like everyone else, this changes daily....

OP
OP
AbsoluteFord

AbsoluteFord

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lol, good luck. I am struggling with it as well.
More than likely the BD will be perfectly capable and suited for most offroading in reasonable conditions.
When you get into MOAB and Badlands high level trails is when the BL will shine the most and will be useful.
I m also considering lower level now. (started off WT and still am).
I'm considering getting a BL (whether it is viewed as lower level or not, that is quite a toss-up) stock with the 33's, or maybe even jumping down to the BD to drive sooner.
Putting in a res at Grainger for the great incentive and selling the one I get first before taking delivery of the 2nd (which WILL be either a BL or WT, hopefully in a matte green).

Long story short:
BD is a capable off road rig with the right additions (ones that make the most sense for the price), and I would not hesitate to get it.
My opinion, anyway.
Lol exactly, I have a lot of wants. But I'm trying to prioritize the needs. Again I'll need to wait for official pricing, but the Black Diamond seems like a really capable option.

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have BL reserved, but am considering a BD as well. The one thing I wish Ford would do is give us the option to add the upgraded headlights. Those DRL’s on the OB and up look fantastic. I’m sure aftermarket will has something though in the future. What do you guys think?

Sponsored
OP
OP
AbsoluteFord

AbsoluteFord

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What about a base with 2.7L and Sasquatch?
Not leaving this out as an option as well, I just think the BD deff has more creature comforts that interest me.

OP
OP
AbsoluteFord

AbsoluteFord

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have BL reserved, but am considering a BD as well. The one thing I wish Ford would do is give us the option to add the upgraded headlights. Those DRL’s on the OB and up look fantastic. I’m sure aftermarket will has something though in the future. What do you guys think?
Yea that was what I was worrying about, but with the amount of aftermarket headlights that the F Series receive, I believe their will deff be a market for headlights, not to mention even possibly blackout headlights.

scviduli

Black Diamond
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm in a similar boat. I'll be going with the black diamond and upgrading the front axle plus white hard top. I will wait until warranties start to expire and then add things such as a quick bar disconnect, upgraded shocks and front lockers after the vehicle is paid off. I probably will not take it hard core rock crawling right away and stick to the easy/medium trails.

SuckItMcGee

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB, 2020 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What about a base with 2.7L and Sasquatch?
I think if someone was shooting for the 2-door, then base with 2.7L Auto and Sasquatch is the way to go, only because of the subsidized pricing of the 2-dr base. I went from BD to Wildtrak to BL and now to Base w/ squatch. I keep trying to rationalize going to BD or BL just to be able to get Mid, but the price jump from Base to BD is $6200, which would get me Vinyl interior, bumpers, and bash plates, which I don't think is worth $6k+ (esp. when I can get bumpers and plates aftermarket later for cheaper).

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not leaving this out as an option as well, I just think the BD deff has more creature comforts that interest me.
I just used the member pricing tool and that base quickly goes to like $44k with tax, etc. Damn.
Sponsored