Sponsored

Third brake light solution when running 35's?

Noissuefound

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I put 35” tall tires on my OB and I kept the stock 18” rims. I now have an interference fit between my third brake light and the tire. Does anyone know of a solution to this issue?
Sponsored

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21- Bronco 2 door, 19- Armada SL, 14- Cobia 201cc
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I put 35” tall tires on my OB and I kept the stock 18” rims. I now have an interference fit between my third brake light and the tire. Does anyone know of a solution to this issue?
Yes we used the Rough Country part. Only $ 25 and raises it high enough to clear a 37”.

OP
OP

Noissuefound

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome, that’s exactly what I was looking for, just didn’t know if such a thing existed.

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Awesome, that’s exactly what I was looking for, just didn’t know if such a thing existed.
Does it fit with standard bumper or did you buy a relocation kit? I am picking up mine next week and was going to keep wheels for now and go 35s. I will buy that brake light item now and consider the RC reinforcement bracket.

Sponsored

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put 35’s on my Badlands rims and just had to cut down the rubber bumpers to get it to fit….

OP
OP

Noissuefound

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It fits with the standard bumper on it right now but the tire is against the light more than I’d like it to be. I am getting the relocation/extension for the light to move it up a little bit.

Aurongel

Outer Banks
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You could also try one of the few “spare tire” ring brake lights. It could save you some rear window space by moving the legally required third brake light to the center of the spare. Some folks don’t like the aesthetics of it but I think it’s unique and functional.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We actually manufacture a 3rd brake light extension under our KR Off-Road brand. It'll extend your factory 3rd brake light up a bit so that you can fit 35" - 41" tires

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-3rd-brake-light-relocation-bracket-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Made right here in America out of stainless steel + powder coated black with a lifetime warranty. Certainly not the cheapest option BUT at the same time it's 100% American Made (and we also use Stainless Steel instead of regular steel, which can rust over time if you scratch it, the stainless won't rust if you scratch the powder coating off our bracket)

Ford Bronco Third brake light solution when running 35's? 1638378587786

Ford Bronco Third brake light solution when running 35's? 1638378595539

Sponsored

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried the RC extension on mine, and it seemed to stick it up too high for 35's, so I want to track down the part from the SAS trucks.

RC bracket with SAS 35's
51716490680_aeaa5f0d42.jpg

bdotcdot

Outer Banks
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can you post a picture of what your OB looks like with the 35's and stock wheels? trying to decide if I want to keep them or not

OP
OP

Noissuefound

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Third brake light solution when running 35's? 05BE11FB-3DDE-41FC-873E-D06E7C1452BD

The tires are Yokohama Geolander 285/75/r18. They are flush with the fender flares.

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am eliminating mine all together and doing the brake ring that attaches behind the spare tire. Same thing I did on my JKU.
Sponsored