This better not be in the Bronco

Undecided

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2002 Tacoma, 2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It was a can of worms, at least a few years back. Talked to some people who had the voluntary plug-in units and it got messy quickly. It started out ok until dings started showing up for driving too many miles, over accelerating, sudden braking, etc. It sounds like they were saving some as the dings were only occasional but they said it was frusterating constantly driving extra carefully, still getting dinged, and rarely understanding why.

Last I heard when they wanted to opt-out the rate would have gone up substantially, even higher than the original rate. I think they ended up taking turns driving a 3rd car without the plug-in to minimize chances of triggering bad marks.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alphabet (google) and apple are already doing this to everyone with a smartphone, so why wouldn't the car manufacturers want a piece of the pie? I don't like it either. Free apps aren't free. I'm waiting for the day when all cars have over the air updates that can brick your car in your driveway like a Tesla.
Like they say, "if you're not paying for the product, then you are the product".

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Use Duck Duck Go or a TOR Browser, and connect via a VPN like Avast Secureline or Tiger to keep your history private. DO NOT HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT, they are very invasive and sell your info to the highest bidder.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: in California, insurance rates and programs must meet the approval of the Dept of Insurance before they can be implemented, which can be a tedious and time consuming process. The Dept is a heavily pro consumer government organization that looks after consumer interests first. Black Boxes already exist in vehicles to assist law enforcement when accidents occur. As to the technology allegedly being implanted into the Bronco, it will not be allowed to be used in California due to privacy violation. While we all see State Farm, Farmers, Progressive, Nationwide, Allstate, and possibly others advertise this technology for insurance purposes, read the fine print in those commercials that specify it is not available in California and the likelihood of future approval is NIL.

Sponsored

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This crap reads like political fear mongering.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“... defensive driving” orthodoxies enumerated in the DMV manual – i.e., total mindless obedience to every traffic law, including full stops at every stop sign, the use of a turn signal every time you make a turn, never making a right turn on red, no passing if it means “speeding”...”

Since when is full stop at a stop sign “defensive driving”? It’s basics skills... stop at the damn stop and at red light before right on red...

gtx_bronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not much different that owning a cell phone!!
all this angst when these peoples phones are collecting 10 times the data that the car will. These people - "I DONT WANT MY CAR TRACKING ME?!!@!!!" Also these people - "hey Google...what should i do for a rash on my junk?" :)
Sponsored