Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It really has been a rough ride. You get hopes up and then crushed. Commodity constraints for a vehicle that they've been planning for years is just silly. I'm still confused how Ford was so unprepared. But I refuse to pay Wrangler prices, and the bronco excites me. So I'll wait. We've waited for years, so what's another 6-8 months?
Sponsored

anl

Badlands
First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
R WE LOOKING AT MY 22/23 FOR DELIVERIES...........

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It really has been a rough ride. You get hopes up and then crushed. Commodity constraints for a vehicle that they've been planning for years is just silly. I'm still confused how Ford was so unprepared. But I refuse to pay Wrangler prices, and the bronco excites me. So I'll wait. We've waited for years, so what's another 6-8 months?
Unprepared for a pandemic. Like so many other companies.

33ixr3.png

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

relax, I wouldn't waste my beer, I'd waste his, and he drinks Busch and Busch only.
He drinks Busch? Jeez man, time to move outta that trailer park, yeah? :ROFLMAO:

I kid, but don't think I'll be breaking bread with your neighbor either.... :cautious: Being all elitist and such.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The way I'm looking at it is Ford is like Santas toy shop. The Bronco is the new hot toy that everyone wants so badly. Webasto is like Elf (Will Ferrell) and is constantly behind on his daily quota and is well a cotton-headed ninny muggins...

200.gif

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

He drinks Busch? Jeez man, time to move outta that trailer park, yeah? :ROFLMAO:

I kid, but don't think I'll be breaking bread with your neighbor either.... :cautious: Being all elitist and such.
hahaha, he's good people. Put 4 kids thru college driving a truck for the last 40 years. Pretty handy with a wrench too...

But seriously. Busch.

*shudder*

Sponsored

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently: Mercedes Benz G550.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This has become boring and depressing. :( I feel like we have been stuck in neutral if not reverse for the past six months. If Webasto and whoever else can’t get the job done in a reasonable amount of time which they obviously haven’t been able to do so far then Ford needs to kick them to the curb and find somebody who can.
I agree 100%, and it is going to cost Ford customers. That said, I accepted responsibility for the deadly sins of my Bronco spec several months ago. So I've got that going for me!

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I have heard around the water cooler, the MIC differentiates from the heep top in its construction. the MIC has a honeycomb layer in the middle of 2 fiberglass sheets for insulation and sound deadening.

I haven't personally looked at a heep top, but my understanding is that its a single layer of thermoplastic. If I'm wrong, I've no doubt someone will be along shortly to put me in my place.

The way Bronco's top is designed has added complexity to the manufacturing process, and Webasto just can't get their process to where they can consistently produce production quality parts in the numbers that MAP requires.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
seriously, WHERE does Jeep get their hard tops?

pretty shitty planning, oh yes we will just build a brand new Webasto plant RIGHT before we need to meet the needs of a major launch of a customer.
Ford knew long before anyone else they were bringing a new Bronco to market...and what tops would be available...why didn't Ford build their own top site in Michigan...(or inside one of their current plants).Cut out the middleman..dictate the production...and build it to their quality standards...anytime anyone or any company depends on a solo vendor...there are a hundred ways things could go wrong...and we are finding that out... for the past few months...

Last edited:

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

From what I have heard around the water cooler, the MIC differentiates from the heep top in its construction. the MIC has a honeycomb layer in the middle of 2 fiberglass sheets for insulation and sound deadening.

I haven't personally looked at a heep top, but my understanding is that its a single layer of thermoplastic. If I'm wrong, I've no doubt someone will be along shortly to put me in my place.

The way Bronco's top is designed has added complexity to the manufacturing process, and Webasto just can't get their process to where they can consistently produce production quality parts in the numbers that MAP requires.
*and weight savings. All points Ford refuses to budge on in the redesign and retooling the top has gone through. Which I am thankful for. It will get fixed and it will be a great top I am certain and patient.
Sponsored