RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You gotta love Ford. Announcing yet another vapour vehicle (Lightning 150 )that will be limited production and no real delivery date or year. They are starting to follow TESLA who promise the world but can’t deliver. Wonder what century the Warthog will be available.
Sponsored

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You gotta love Ford. Announcing yet another vapour vehicle (Lightning 150 )that will be limited production and no real delivery date or year. They are starting to follow TESLA who promise the world but can’t deliver. Wonder what century the Warthog will be available.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm guessing this ain't Ford's first 'rodeo' 😂

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

True. But wouldn't you stock pile parts for the biggest vehicle launch in recent history? Name a bigger vehicle launch? I mean they've had literally years to prep for this one.

Unprepared for a pandemic. Like so many other companies.

33ixr3.png

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True. But wouldn't you stock pile parts for the biggest vehicle launch in recent history? Name a bigger vehicle launch? I mean they've had literally years to prep for this one.
cdc.jpg

Sponsored

Wickspick

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Knock yourself out. By the time you get all of that up and running it’ll be 2 years from now and Webasto will have figured out whatever problems they have.
I took this as sarcasm

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No! It's knot boring and depressing. Eye only come hear too reed awl of the misspelled wards and pour grammar. Sew if ewe lower yore standards just a bit, you won't bee sow disappointed.
This guy managed to spell “grammar”correctly. Our school system is working.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw one at a local dealer about 40 minutes ago. I'll definitely say I'm excited again.

BmoreCmore

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Scatpack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Definitely does suck. Tired of seeing the same bronco’s in different pics. Tired of the bronco nation video’s. Kinda just getting bored with it all. I know people are going to say it’s a pandemic but damn FORD. Lol

Sponsored

BmoreCmore

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Scatpack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It really has been a rough ride. You get hopes up and then crushed. Commodity constraints for a vehicle that they've been planning for years is just silly. I'm still confused how Ford was so unprepared. But I refuse to pay Wrangler prices, and the bronco excites me. So I'll wait. We've waited for years, so what's another 6-8 months?
Love the positivity

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely does suck. Tired of seeing the same bronco’s in different pics. Tired of the bronco nation video’s. Kinda just getting bored with it all. I know people are going to say it’s a pandemic but damn FORD. Lol
That's because we have been trained to have the attention span of a hummingbird. We get all excited about the new hotness and then if we don't get what we want we get bored and move on to the next thing.

https://www.f150gen14.com/

If you want to relive the Bronco misery just head over and look at the wide eyed and optimistic people on the Lightning forum. It will make you feel old and wise. You can just nod you head and go "I remember when I was that enthusiastic about a vehicle..."

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will be interesting to revisit this in late summer. Was Chicken Little right, and the sky was falling, or are am I a sucker for not sweating the process?
For the record, I am not suggesting that the sky is falling, or that you are a sucker for not sweating the process.

I’m not sweating the process either, but I fully acknowledge that there are problems with the hard top supplier that have caused delays to the Bronco production schedule. It is what it is. 🤷‍♂️

Nevertheless, you can be both realistic about the present and optimistic for the future. It doesn’t have to be either Chicken-Little pessimism or chill optimism.

For the last two years, I have had a decent amount of Ford stock in my portfolio. So after Friday’s 6.7% run-up, in light of the continuing problems at Webasto, the well-documented delays in the Bronco launch, the semiconductor supply crunch, the Renesas factory fire in Japan, and the expected impact on 2021 net earnings, I could have simply cashed out on Friday afternoon and started shopping for a competitive vehicle... but I didn’t.

Despite my knowledge of Ford’s ongoing challenges, I didn’t take the money and run because this is a long-term position for me. I bought another 10,000 shares in the last month after the Q1 earnings release, because I know all these current issues are transitory, and Ford just blew away the Street’s earnings expectations in Q1 with $0.89/share... 4X the Street’s estimate of $0.21/share... in ONE QUARTER.

Once the ongoing supply constraints are in the rear view mirror, the Bronco product line is spitting out 100,000+ trucks a year, the E-Transit and the F-150 Lightning start shipping, and Ford continues to penetrate the EV market with the Mustang Mach-E, Ford will likely be generating $2.00+ per share in annual earnings. If you assume a conservative P/E ratio of 10X earnings, the stock price will likely be $20+ sometime within the next 12-24 months.

So despite the aforementioned problems, I’m comfortably holding Ford stock for the long-term, and I’m patiently waiting for my Badlands delivery, so I can go wheeling through the Ozarks and rock crawling at the Hot Springs Off-Road Park.

TL;DR — You can be informed about the reality of current challenges, optimistic about the future, and chill about the apparent contrast of those differing perspectives, all at the same time.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford would love it if everyone canceled so they could re order with the new hyper inflated price down the road. How about the people on the order list for the Rivian, Hummer, Cybertruck, and all the rest of the pre ordered with no delivery date vehicles. Welcome to the new normal. In a more perfect world I would have a new, my 4th, Bronco on the way. As it is, I have plenty of money to pay the bills and enjoy life with what I have. This time will pass.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
well..they (w*basto) are making 90 a day and 90 of them are ‘bad’…(source: line worker)
Sponsored