Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, so I still don't understand the B pillar, why bother having frameless windows and then have a ginormous b pillar, spoils the totally topless idea.
Safety standards, even the Early Bronco crowd installs those in the form of ROLLBARS, or ROLLCAGE if you will. They may not have come from the factory, but they are certainly installed on just about every EB I've seen that isn't a pure factory restoration.
MASSIVE A, B and for the family cages a MASSIVE C pillar behind the back seat so the kiddos don't get squashed if you go inverted.

Bronco Eagle

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2003 F-350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, that’s the one I preordered.
Just a peek. :)

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Safety standards, even the Early Bronco crowd installs those in the form of ROLLBARS, or ROLLCAGE if you will. They may not have come from the factory, but they are certainly installed on just about every EB I've seen that isn't a pure factory restoration.
MASSIVE A, B and for the family cages a MASSIVE C pillar behind the back seat so the kiddos don't get squashed if you go inverted.
Maybe, but it already has full cage, no need for massive pillars and EB's had frames on the windows and no pillars with roof removed. I suppose the pillar gives an anchor point for all the "modular" top piece parts. Probably should just go ahead and have window frames if those pillar(s) aren't removable.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe, but it already has full cage, no need for massive pillars and EB's had frames on the windows and no pillars with roof removed. I suppose the pillar gives an anchor point for all the "modular" top piece parts. Probably should just go ahead and have window frames if those pillar(s) aren't removable.
I think you’re dead if this thing flips over.

Ford Bronco This is It! 2021 Bronco With Top Off, Doors Removed, Sand In 1594429841134

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco This is It! 2021 Bronco With Top Off, Doors Removed, Sand In 2021 Ford Bronco Top Off Doors Removed Leaked
Ford Bronco This is It! 2021 Bronco With Top Off, Doors Removed, Sand In E52B6736-D955-4C22-84B1-4F69019D5772

Ford Bronco This is It! 2021 Bronco With Top Off, Doors Removed, Sand In giphy (3)

I was set on a four door, but dang that is one sweet looking two door.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ben5243

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm convinced there's tube doors on this one, and the silhouette we saw. I'm just guessing though.

I can't make sense of the C pillar though, it's like one of those optical illusions that the more you look at, the less it makes sense. I think because it connects to the body forward of the rear, it looks like it's not full width of the body.

Those rear seats look too far back. They're going to find a permanent home in my garage or shed.

aaffddssaa

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably should just go ahead and have window frames if those pillar(s) aren't removable.
I think part of the motivation for the frameless doors is so they take up less space when you stow them. Without framed windows, it might be possible to stow them in the back.

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of us are still at work on the west coast.
Work... I had to take the five days leading up to the reveal and the day after off from work to soak up as much as I could... I can’t focus on anything else right now because this is the most exciting thing since we launched astronauts to space.

Ford Bronco This is It! 2021 Bronco With Top Off, Doors Removed, Sand In 1594430528134

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. As soon as I saw this picture I thought tube doors. Otherwise the door would have to be black because you can clearly see the breaking point for the yellow paint.
Tube doors make sense... disconnect the skins held on by some clips and store in the back of the Bronco as mentioned earlier.
Sponsored