Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The black areas on the b pillar and above the door sure look like areas for windows to seal against to me;)
I had always assumed that it'd meet the top (whether soft or modular.
Looking more like passenger compartment will be fully framed in when top/doorless. With a support from top of B-pillar to corner of windshield. Like jeep but better finished look with doors off.
Sponsored

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would relax. A white top was one of the most commented things in this thread for a few years. I have to imagine that if itā€™s not leaked before Monday, you will see it Monday.
Hope you're correct!

Maybe the carbonized gray top will be so light in color as to pass for white?
Perhaps!

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The takeaways I get from this photo are three things;

1. The blue line, is a window frame rail attached to the cage so the doors can be frameless.
2. The green circle, is where it looks to be a speaker. I donā€™t know why else it would get wide there.
3. The red circle, I think itā€™s just the center console or just something we are seeing inside the vehicle. I donā€™t think thatā€™s the door tubes weā€™ve heard about. You can clearly see the passanger seat through the sand. Iā€™d feel we would be able to see these tubes better if they indeed were there.

Also I wonder what the black cross member is exactly. I also like that the cage is paint matching.
Ford Bronco This is It! 2021 Bronco With Top Off, Doors Removed, Sand In 671F0D9C-AF13-4FF7-98EE-1997721D45CE

Last edited:

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now for the motherload question

Can you remove those 2 seats and if you can , is the area in the back flush enough for cargo?
I mean, theyā€™re not likely to be welded in...

jk, I know what you mean. Iā€™d be shocked if they werenā€™t easily removable.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So we have frameless windows on the doors.

Do you think we have a body attached window frame?

Or like a T-top body frame? Door glass just seals against softtop or modular top?

Options list also shows a first row soft top conversion kit for hardtops. So thereā€™s probably alot going on in that area.
I think there is alot going on there and it will probably have something for everyone up there, except the people that want nothing up there. But everything does appear to me that nothing up there will be welded in and a crazy person like myself could entertain the idea of unbolting the whole thing and undoing a few plugs. Then be totally exposed for cruise night or something.

Its just a feeling. I think Ford know jeeps are popular partly because of modularity and will seek to top that some how.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's what I want. Removable rear seats and not just fold down.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco This is It! 2021 Bronco With Top Off, Doors Removed, Sand In 6B890C44-D0CD-42A9-8A3A-D5F5338E2048

I have a Honda Element that is getting extremely jealous right now. Had to put in new radiator 5 days ago. Now itā€™s misfiring on startup and throwing me a check engine light. Not spending any extra money on it. If I canā€™t fix it myself itā€™s not getting done.

Anyway I love my Element and the rear seats are super easy to take out. The floor is super flat, and like the new Bronco, was advertised to cleanup with a quick rinse. Hoping for similar in the bronco. Will be the 3rd Bronco Iā€™ve owned (ā€˜75 EB and a ā€˜85 Bronco II).

Hopefully itā€™ll be the best! Definitely the most expensive!?

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6B890C44-D0CD-42A9-8A3A-D5F5338E2048.jpeg

I have a Honda Element that is getting extremely jealous right now. Had to put in new radiator 5 days ago. Now itā€™s misfiring on startup and throwing me a check engine light. Not spending any extra money on it. If I canā€™t fix it myself itā€™s not getting done.

Anyway I love my Element and the rear seats are super easy to take out. The floor is super flat, and like the new Bronco, was advertised to cleanup with a quick rinse. Hoping for similar in the bronco. Will be the 3rd Bronco Iā€™ve owned (ā€˜75 EB and a ā€˜85 Bronco II).

Hopefully itā€™ll be the best! Definitely the most expensive!?
I loved those Elements. They were like little street Broncos. I donā€™t know why Honda stoped making them.
I absolutely love that Ford is making the Bronco rinseable. Now I just hope itā€™s nice and flat back there like the Element was. It was wild how much space you could make back there removing those seats.

aaffddssaa

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But everything does appear to me that nothing up there will be welded in and a crazy person like myself could entertain the idea of unbolting the whole thing and undoing a few plugs. Then be totally exposed for cruise night or something.
That would be cool, and that's the way it should be... if the world wasn't stupid. Unfortunately, the world is stupid. I can't imagine the lawyers would allow something like that. Some idiot would inevitably get himself killed, and then his family would sue. They would say Ford made it too easy to make the vehicle unsafe (since any idiot with a socket wrench would be able to remove the cage). If they make it so you can only remove the top with a cutting torch, or sawzall, then that would better insulate them from legal action.

I don't have any insider information, so this is all pure speculation on my part. I would be happy to be proven wrong on Monday.

Sponsored

captchathis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I loved those Elements. They were like little street Broncos. I donā€™t know why Honda stoped making them.
I absolutely love that Ford is making the Bronco rinseable. Now I just hope itā€™s nice and flat back there like the Element was. It was wild how much space you could make back there removing those seats.
The Honda Elements were like hidden gems. No one cared about them but for those that knew, that car made a lot of sense.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That would be cool, and that's the way it should be... if the world wasn't stupid. Unfortunately, the world is stupid. I can't imagine the lawyers would allow something like that. Some idiot would inevitably get himself killed, and then his family would sue. They would say Ford made it too easy to make the vehicle unsafe (since any idiot with a socket wrench would be able to remove the cage). If they make it so you can only remove the top with a cutting torch, or sawzall, then that would better insulate them from legal action.

I don't have any insider information, so this is all pure speculation on my part. I would be happy to be proven wrong on Monday.
From a build stand point I dont see them welding a cage in. Its just not that easy to do and then paint on it afterwards. I mean its not like they weld in seats or bumpers or doors. It will be bolted in im sure. How hard it is to remove with special fasteners is the question.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Honda Elements were like hidden gems. No one cared about them but for those that knew, that car made a lot of sense.
There are a few people who turned em into pop up campers that they rent out here on Maui.

captchathis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are a few people who turned em into pop up campers that they rent out here on Maui.
Not surprise, its interior is a lot bigger than its outer appearance suggests.

It would have been cool to see the Bronco Sport continue along the lines of the Honda Element's concept of utility instead of the ruggedness sell, but I can see since it has the Bronco nameplate plus with the huge draw in the outdoors/adventure image nowadays, it wouldn't make a big splash in today's market if it did go that direction. Maybe as another new Ford model?
Sponsored

Last edited: