aaffddssaa

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The black bar that you coloured blue is running side to side, directly behind the front seats...from B pillar to B pillar... Not fore and aft over the door opening.
Nope. That would be impossible, because then the passenger side of the roll cage would be in front of it, and covering it up. Think about it for a second. In the image, we can see the passenger side of the roll cage, which we know goes from the C-pillar to the A-pillar (where it meets up with the windshield frame)... so if that black bar goes from passenger side B-pillar to driver side B-pillar, then how could it possibly be in front of a part of the cage that we know is on the passenger side? Unless the camera has some sort of x-ray vision and can see through the cage.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Nickp was promoted too!!!!!
"Doug" seems to be recruiting some real talent...I wonder who else will be tapped. I can think of a few solid choices...?
@JimmyDean
@EvlNvrDys
@Paint
@JAGSarge
I'm sure I'm forgetting a few lol
You guys are great, and why I love this forum.
I likely won't be asked because I am not a first year buyer. My eyes are set on the Mach 1 for 2021, and the Bronco for 2022.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I likely won't be asked because I am not a first year buyer. My eyes are set on the Mach 1 for 2021, and the Bronco for 2022.
Guess I’ll have to wait a here for the good input you seem to have.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soooo...anybody think it will be possible to remove EVERYTHING except the roof? Doors, glass...like the Fantasy Island cars? I can't have the sun on my delicate skin.
Each new Bronco comes with its own customizing tool that allows the customer to pick and choose which part to remove. Everyone wins!
Ford Bronco This is It! 2021 Bronco With Top Off, Doors Removed, Sand In bronco saw

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ooooh i just clued in this was provided by ford.... or was it??‍♂

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. That would be impossible, because then the passenger side of the roll cage would be in front of it, and covering it up. Think about it for a second. In the image, we can see the passenger side of the roll cage, which we know goes from the C-pillar to the A-pillar (where it meets up with the windshield frame)... so if that black bar goes from passenger side B-pillar to driver side B-pillar, then how could it possibly be in front of a part of the cage that we know is on the passenger side? Unless the camera has some sort of x-ray vision and can see through the cage.
is there nothing behind the front seats running across then?? Just front to back?
And then, what's going on in the back half? Are the body coloured parts maybe a foam pad wrap around the bars? Because they don't line straight up with the back portions....

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Jesus this forum was moving faster than a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs in the last 12 hours.

Soooo...anybody think it will be possible to remove EVERYTHING except the roof? Doors, glass...like the Fantasy Island cars? I can't have the sun on my delicate skin.
Yes, a few months ago we had some posts about each segment is removable.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco This is It! 2021 Bronco With Top Off, Doors Removed, Sand In 34B4F5B2-D8A0-4A69-B909-DFEB660C8F2E

Ford Bronco This is It! 2021 Bronco With Top Off, Doors Removed, Sand In 035FE6C2-17F6-4DFC-A0F0-1D9F1421539E

Going through the photo stash again and might have a better idea now. Keep in mind these are 2-door and 4-door pictures.

Doesn’t look like the B or C pillars cross over the top of the passenger comparment in the 4 door picture. Just the cage/rollbar crossmember located prior to the downward angle break.

The black we see in front of the body-colored cage is the window frame seal connected to the outboard side of the bars.

Indents in the front windshield are part of the top mounting system.

Looks like it might be pretty wide open up top.

Just guessing. I have to take a break now. My family thinks I’m nuts.?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

View attachment 10005
I th
Ford Bronco This is It! 2021 Bronco With Top Off, Doors Removed, Sand In 035FE6C2-17F6-4DFC-A0F0-1D9F1421539E

Going through the photo stash again and might have a better idea now. Keep in mind these are 2-door and 4-door pictures.

Doesn’t look like the B or C pillars cross over the top of the passenger comparment in the 4 door picture. Just the cage/rollbar crossmember located prior to the downward angle break.

The black we see in front of the body-colored cage is the window frame seal connected to the outboard side of the bars.

Indents in the front windshield are part of the top mounting system.

Looks like it might be pretty wide open up top.

Just guessing. I have to take a break now. My family thinks I’m nuts.?
Looks like 3 or four "dimples" (not nipples) on the B and or C pillars, probably to retain the rear side panels.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crv
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m pretty sure someone mentioned during the 4DR leak that the tie downs were easily removable. Everything else seems modular so I dont see Ford skipping on something effecting the aesthetics as much as they do.
Can anyone help me track this down? I know we are about to find out Monday, but I’d love to know if this was someone with inside knowledge, or just speculation. Hope they’re temovebale!

aaffddssaa

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
is there nothing behind the front seats running across then?? Just front to back?
I don't know. It's possible there's a bar that runs across there, but you wouldn't be able to see it in the image, because it would be obstructed by the passenger side of the cage.

And then, what's going on in the back half? Are the body coloured parts maybe a foam pad wrap around the bars? Because they don't line straight up with the back portions....
I'm pretty sure the body colored parts are painted metal and are the cage itself. The black part seems to be a non-load-bearing structure attached to the cage to seal the door windows, and maybe also help with the modular top and/or soft top.

I can't say I'm 100% sure about any of this, but I think it's what seems to be the consensus. There's only about 51 hours left until we find out for sure.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know. It's possible there's a bar that runs across there, but you wouldn't be able to see it in the image, because it would be obstructed by the passenger side of the cage.

I'm pretty sure the body colored parts are painted metal and are the cage itself. The black part seems to be a non-load-bearing structure attached to the cage to seal the door windows, and maybe also help with the modular top and/or soft top.

I can't say I'm 100% sure about any of this, but I think it's what seems to be the consensus. There's only about 51 hours left until we find out for sure.
Definitely some innovative engineering going on! ??

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Each new Bronco comes with its own customizing tool that allows the customer to pick and choose which part to remove. Everyone wins!
That’s how we fit a ‘99 Taurus in the bed of a ‘78 Chevy Pick-Up.

Clyne

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex, Ford F-150 STX, Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m hoping that black B pillar is still there because it’s part of the tube doors inside the doors concept. Added support for the windows and body panel ?‍♀ And I think that’s a shot of it in action.
Sponsored