jay-leno-1968-bronco-sema-01.jpg

2. Toyhoarder

Toyhoarder Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
    #2 Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    Love me a LUBR.

It was in pretty good shape before the resto.

Looks like a 9” front end?

3. Nickp

Nickp Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle(s):
    2010 JK UNLIMITED
    Like I’ve said before I want a Bronco of the future not of the past.

4. Carolina Jim

Carolina Jim Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle(s):
    Renegade
    Hell...if Ford made THAT again, I wouldn't even bitch if it had an animated start-up video!!

Bronco II likes this.
  5. PNW_Bronco94

PNW_Bronco94 Active Member

First Name:
    Jay
    Vehicle(s):
    1994 Bronco
    That's definitely a beautiful Bronco. Although I'm always a bit confused when people plop 700+ horsepower motors into something like this. Like, how would you even utilize that much power in a short wheelbase, narrow, lifted early Bronco on essentially stock tires?

6. OP
    OP
    Bronco II

Bronco II Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Doc
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang Ecoboost convertible 50 Year Appearance Package
    It's like Carol Shelby said There's never enough horse power just not enough traction. And if you nail the pedal in that Bronco you'll definitely become extremely aware the not enough traction part of that saying.

Nickp likes this.
  7. Jake_zx2

Jake_zx2 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jake
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT
    Like I've said before... if you want an old bronco, go buy an old bronco. It's not like they don't exist

BroncoBoy22 likes this.
  8. BroncoMike

BroncoMike Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
    I don't know if I've ever used the word "horsepower" in the same sentence as the phrase "too much", but this is pushing the line some. I can get into enough trouble (with both statutory law and the laws of physics) with the mild 351W in mine.

Still, an amazing example a beautiful one-off resto-mod without budget, engineering, or supplier constraints. Cool to see what can be done when money is not a concern.

PNW_Bronco94 and BroncoRevital like this.
  9. HTX1811

HTX1811 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat
    That I would buy. The old style with modern everthing else. Resto mod is the way to go. Or brand new from the ground up with classic body lines and modern engineering throughout.

BONESTOCK likes this.
  10. BONESTOCK

BONESTOCK Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '94 Lightning w/TKO swap, '04 Procharged Mach 1, '13 F150 RCSB 5.0L, '61 Falcon
    You fackin noobs with the "If you want an old Bronco get an old Bronco." Enough.....ever heard of remakes or remasters? They do it in movies, videogames, etc. Imagine if they did it with cars?!! Oh wait they do! Except it's from shops that build them as one offs (Icon Bronco's) which cost a small fortune.

You have Dodge and their Challenger, that to me, looks most like a remake of it's original and man does it sell well and look awesome!

That's what I want. I want to experience a car from the 50's....60's where car designers made them instead, of bean counting regulation following nerds. With a modern engine and suspension. And not have to pay more than two times my annual income.

indio22 likes this.
  11. BONESTOCK

BONESTOCK Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '94 Lightning w/TKO swap, '04 Procharged Mach 1, '13 F150 RCSB 5.0L, '61 Falcon
    Tell that to the Willy's Jeep on 1320 videos.

12. indio22

indio22 Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    1972 Land Rover Series III, 1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7
    On the other hand, if you don't want something that follows closely in the EB linage, go buy something else instead of a new Bronco. There are other non-Bronco 4x4s.

For my part, I think Ford got some things right in the EB (hence the popularity), and would like to see some of that carried over with the new Bronco. It's doable - Jeep has managed to accomplish it through the years into the current JL. One look at a JL and everyone knows what it is, and has the similar attributes going back to earlier models but is new.

I'd like a modern EB as the JL is the modern CJ. I think that is what people mean when they appreciate the EB but are interested in the new Bronco.

Bronco II likes this.
  13. TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Matthew
    Vehicle(s):
    1987 f-250 6.9 idi diesel, 2004 jeep liberty sport
    Dodge and the Challenger is darn near an exact analog for Fords new Bronco vs the classic, IMO. Classic style call back, modern features, improved performance, and compliance (both environmental and safety) at OE scale that the little shops get to conveniently skip

14. Jake_zx2

Jake_zx2 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jake
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT
    What I (and most people) want isn't a carbon copy of some dated POS. We want an evolution of what the Bronco CAN be, not a lame, watered-down version of how cool it once was. So no, "on the other hand" doesn't apply here whatsoever, as what we want literally doesn't exist, while what you want exists and is quite plentiful, YOU just don't want to pay for it. You obviously want an EB, go buy a damn EB. You want modern shit in it? Put modern shit in it. This isn't a novel concept. If you don't have the money for it... well, quit bitching and blaming everyone else because YOU aren't dedicated enough to the vehicle you want

I will never understand the mindset of people who only think in the past. How can you want a modern version of something that can NEVER live up to the greatness it once was rather than an evolution of that greatness to become the best it ever has been and set a new standard? This idea is exactly why the Challenger isn't even compared to the Mustang and Camaro... rather than making something that's actually GOOD, they aim to appease the uneducated masses and make a corny bubble version of what was once a good car.

I'm hoping what Ford does with the Bronco is exactly the same thing they did with the Mustang... same general layout, same target audience, same inspiration, but a completely new design with only modest tips-of-the-hat to the original bronco (like lettering in the grille, squared off wheelwells, etc.). THAT is how the Bronco will be a knockout success. Retro remakes don't age well, period. Don't believe me? Look at how desire is totally ROARING for the Chevy HHR, S197 Mustang, Toyota FJ, VW Beetle, and so on

phillyfx4, bbostic5 and Nickp like this.
  15. whomst

whomst Member

First Name:
    Thomas
    Vehicle(s):
    Ford Explorer