bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is exactly what I'm going through with in regards to my RX-7. Bought it intending to keep it forever, and 3 years later, it's for sale.
Sponsored

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have good taste lol. And mine was a unicorn when I bought it. Then I got stupid and started chasing numbers/horsepower. Car went from being enjoyable and driven frequently, to living on jack stands and having the engine pulled multiple times. At least I learned a lot.

Gen 2 GTS's are a dream of mine.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What I (and most people) want isn't a carbon copy of some dated POS. We want an evolution of what the Bronco CAN be, not a lame, watered-down version of how cool it once was. So no, "on the other hand" doesn't apply here whatsoever, as what we want literally doesn't exist, while what you want exists and is quite plentiful, YOU just don't want to pay for it. You obviously want an EB, go buy a damn EB. You want modern shit in it? Put modern shit in it. This isn't a novel concept. If you don't have the money for it... well, quit bitching and blaming everyone else because YOU aren't dedicated enough to the vehicle you want

I will never understand the mindset of people who only think in the past. How can you want a modern version of something that can NEVER live up to the greatness it once was rather than an evolution of that greatness to become the best it ever has been and set a new standard? This idea is exactly why the Challenger isn't even compared to the Mustang and Camaro... rather than making something that's actually GOOD, they aim to appease the uneducated masses and make a corny bubble version of what was once a good car.

I'm hoping what Ford does with the Bronco is exactly the same thing they did with the Mustang... same general layout, same target audience, same inspiration, but a completely new design with only modest tips-of-the-hat to the original bronco (like lettering in the grille, squared off wheelwells, etc.). THAT is how the Bronco will be a knockout success. Retro remakes don't age well, period. Don't believe me? Look at how desire is totally ROARING for the Chevy HHR, S197 Mustang, Toyota FJ, VW Beetle, and so on
Hmm, re-read your commentary, you seem to be the one "bitching".

As I already pointed out in an earlier comment, we have the Jeep Wrangler JL as a model for a successful new 4x4, that did not require "a completely new design with only modest tips-of-the-hat to the original". I'm looking for the new Bronco to follow that path, and to complete in the Wrangler class, given how long it's been since we've had another vehicle in that class, seems reasonable for folks to want that.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hmm, re-read your commentary, you seem to be the one "bitching".

As I already pointed out in an earlier comment, we have the Jeep Wrangler JL as a model for a successful new 4x4, that did not require "a completely new design with only modest tips-of-the-hat to the original". I'm looking for the new Bronco to follow that path, and to complete in the Wrangler class, given how long it's been since we've had another vehicle in that class, seems reasonable for folks to want that.
Wow, that took you a while to gather some semi-coherent thoughts on, huh?

Really though, I just don't feel like putting in any effort, so I'll just say... it's not going to look like a 60s bronco at all, it shouldn't, you're wrong, and quit bitching about it

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, that took you a while to gather some semi-coherent thoughts on, huh?

Really though, I just don't feel like putting in any effort, so I'll just say... it's not going to look like a 60s bronco at all, it shouldn't, you're wrong, and quit bitching about it
The personal attack stuff is of little interest to me. But otherwise, as shown by the Jeep JL example, Ford doesn't need to build a "completely new design" Bronco to be a success. It's reasonable for people who liked the EB, to want a new Bronco along those lines, similar to how Jeep has done with Wrangler. And rather than another SUV with Bronco styling cues, to finally have some competition again in the Wrangler class, is reasonable for people to want. In terms of what Ford has decided to produce, hopefully around May we'll find out exactly what Ford has in store.

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The personal attack stuff is of little interest to me. But otherwise, as shown by the Jeep JL example, Ford doesn't need to build a "completely new design" Bronco to be a success. It's reasonable for people who liked the EB, to want a new Bronco along those lines, similar to how Jeep has done with Wrangler.
You keep mentioning the Wrangler while failing to remember that it's never had a long break in lineage like the Bronco. The Jeep has stayed the same solely because it's NEVER changed... that design has generally been the same for over 60 years now. The Bronco's longest sole design run was... well... the FSB. So if you want it to be based off of any Bronco "lineage", the most appropriate one would be the FSB. But we all know that you selfish boomers would absolutely lose your shit if Ford did that, because its not precisely what YOU want

But hey, keep flaunting the Jeep's success without thinking about more similar examples to the Bronco, like the Toyota FJ, PT Cruiser, Chevy HHR, etc.

And rather than another SUV with Bronco styling cues, to finally have some competition again in the Wrangler class, is reasonable for people to want.
Another? Tell me, where's the first one? Oh, there isn't one? huh, imagine that

But looks aren't what will make it "competition against the Wrangler". That'll be capabilities, size, and price. No one tries to say that the Mustang and Camaro aren't competitors since they don't look alike, because ultimately that doesn't mean anything

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So if you want it to be based off of any Bronco "lineage", the most appropriate one would be the FSB. But we all know that you selfish boomers would absolutely lose your shit if Ford did that, because its not precisely what YOU want

But hey, keep flaunting the Jeep's success without thinking about more similar examples to the Bronco, like the Toyota FJ, PT Cruiser, Chevy HHR, etc.

Another? Tell me, where's the first one? Oh, there isn't one? huh, imagine that

But looks aren't what will make it "competition against the Wrangler". That'll be capabilities, size, and price. No one tries to say that the Mustang and Camaro aren't competitors since they don't look alike, because ultimately that doesn't mean anything
Hey they can make if full-size with IFS for all I care but ......…. it has been stated Ford wants a piece of the Wrangler pie, you don't get a piece of the pie unless you make that pie from the same ingredients. Let's look at it this way. What makes Wranglers sell ? well I bought mine in '97 and back then no one had a 4 link front and rear, coil sprung (front and rear), trail ready machine. within a few years they couldn't keep them on the lot because everyone liked the styling AND how badass they really were. So if Ford expects to sell steal some of the pie then it better have an SFA option at bare minimum because if someone wants to buy an off-roader they will by a Wrangler and Ford will lose sales from it, as I have stated before Ford can make it with IFS but IFS is VERY expensive to modify and if someone wants an off-roader to modify and the Bronco has IFS they go with the Wrangler because its a third of the price to modify it with SFA.

It drives my nuts to hear you need IFS to ride nice ……. NO YOU DON'T …... not with today technology .

Ford make an SUV its called the Expedition, the Explorer, like my wife drives, will get you some places but it is NOT one to be lifted at least you can lift an expedition.
Sponsored