Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love me a LUBR.

It was in pretty good shape before the resto.

Looks like a 9” front end?

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hell...if Ford made THAT again, I wouldn't even bitch if it had an animated start-up video!!

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's definitely a beautiful Bronco. Although I'm always a bit confused when people plop 700+ horsepower motors into something like this. Like, how would you even utilize that much power in a short wheelbase, narrow, lifted early Bronco on essentially stock tires?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco II

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's like Carol Shelby said There's never enough horse power just not enough traction. And if you nail the pedal in that Bronco you'll definitely become extremely aware the not enough traction part of that saying.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Like I've said before... if you want an old bronco, go buy an old bronco. It's not like they don't exist

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't know if I've ever used the word "horsepower" in the same sentence as the phrase "too much", but this is pushing the line some. I can get into enough trouble (with both statutory law and the laws of physics) with the mild 351W in mine.

Still, an amazing example a beautiful one-off resto-mod without budget, engineering, or supplier constraints. Cool to see what can be done when money is not a concern.

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That I would buy. The old style with modern everthing else. Resto mod is the way to go. Or brand new from the ground up with classic body lines and modern engineering throughout.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You fackin noobs with the "If you want an old Bronco get an old Bronco." Enough.....ever heard of remakes or remasters? They do it in movies, videogames, etc. Imagine if they did it with cars?!! Oh wait they do! Except it's from shops that build them as one offs (Icon Bronco's) which cost a small fortune.

You have Dodge and their Challenger, that to me, looks most like a remake of it's original and man does it sell well and look awesome!

That's what I want. I want to experience a car from the 50's....60's where car designers made them instead, of bean counting regulation following nerds. With a modern engine and suspension. And not have to pay more than two times my annual income.

Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't know if I've ever used the word "horsepower" in the same sentence as the phrase "too much", but this is pushing the line some. I can get into enough trouble (with both statutory law and the laws of physics) with the mild 351W in mine.

Still, an amazing example a beautiful one-off resto-mod without budget, engineering, or supplier constraints. Cool to see what can be done when money is not a concern.
Tell that to the Willy's Jeep on 1320 videos.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like I've said before... if you want an old bronco, go buy an old bronco. It's not like they don't exist
On the other hand, if you don't want something that follows closely in the EB linage, go buy something else instead of a new Bronco. There are other non-Bronco 4x4s.

For my part, I think Ford got some things right in the EB (hence the popularity), and would like to see some of that carried over with the new Bronco. It's doable - Jeep has managed to accomplish it through the years into the current JL. One look at a JL and everyone knows what it is, and has the similar attributes going back to earlier models but is new.

I'd like a modern EB as the JL is the modern CJ. I think that is what people mean when they appreciate the EB but are interested in the new Bronco.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You fackin noobs with the "If you want an old Bronco get an old Bronco." Enough.....ever heard of remakes or remasters? They do it in movies, videogames, etc. Imagine if they did it with cars?!! Oh wait they do! Except it's from shops that build them as one offs (Icon Bronco's) which cost a small fortune.

You have Dodge and their Challenger, that to me, looks most like a remake of it's original and man does it sell well and look awesome!

That's what I want. I want to experience a car from the 50's....60's where car designers made them instead, of bean counting regulation following nerds. With a modern engine and suspension. And not have to pay more than two times my annual income.
Dodge and the Challenger is darn near an exact analog for Fords new Bronco vs the classic, IMO. Classic style call back, modern features, improved performance, and compliance (both environmental and safety) at OE scale that the little shops get to conveniently skip

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I want to experience a car from the 50's....60's where car designers made them instead, of bean counting regulation following nerds. With a modern engine and suspension. And not have to pay more than two times my annual income.
On the other hand, if you don't want something that follows closely in the EB linage, go buy something else instead of a new Bronco. There are other non-Bronco 4x4s.
What I (and most people) want isn't a carbon copy of some dated POS. We want an evolution of what the Bronco CAN be, not a lame, watered-down version of how cool it once was. So no, "on the other hand" doesn't apply here whatsoever, as what we want literally doesn't exist, while what you want exists and is quite plentiful, YOU just don't want to pay for it. You obviously want an EB, go buy a damn EB. You want modern shit in it? Put modern shit in it. This isn't a novel concept. If you don't have the money for it... well, quit bitching and blaming everyone else because YOU aren't dedicated enough to the vehicle you want

I will never understand the mindset of people who only think in the past. How can you want a modern version of something that can NEVER live up to the greatness it once was rather than an evolution of that greatness to become the best it ever has been and set a new standard? This idea is exactly why the Challenger isn't even compared to the Mustang and Camaro... rather than making something that's actually GOOD, they aim to appease the uneducated masses and make a corny bubble version of what was once a good car.

I'm hoping what Ford does with the Bronco is exactly the same thing they did with the Mustang... same general layout, same target audience, same inspiration, but a completely new design with only modest tips-of-the-hat to the original bronco (like lettering in the grille, squared off wheelwells, etc.). THAT is how the Bronco will be a knockout success. Retro remakes don't age well, period. Don't believe me? Look at how desire is totally ROARING for the Chevy HHR, S197 Mustang, Toyota FJ, VW Beetle, and so on