First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Lincoln Blackwood
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I bet that buyer is pissed… and he/she apparently has some deep pockets.

Ford Bronco This is the worst dealer I have seen yet 3990732D-C739-4C68-B57C-9939C78DAC18
I'll have a conversation with Tidelands tomorrow, and see if we can help him. I think hes innocent in the whole situation.

Fade5G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Rivian R1T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Too bad the dude is a reseller and I’m sure the dealer figured that out. No sympathy from this guy. He and the dealer both suck.
How do you know that he is a reseller?

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This vehicle is going to have an interesting title history, especially after you resell it later this week.

J/K 😂. Glad it all worked out for you!

If he sells the car, it's definitely his choice, he reserved the car, committed to it, even went as far as putting a non refundable down payment, fair and square.

Sponsored

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m glad this is going to have a happy ending. After I picked it up, I would never be seen at that dealership again.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol how much info you want?
Joshua Bauer
Vice President
Tidelands Ford Lincoln

He was previously with a Mercedes-Benz dealership in MS and they bought Tidelands in Aug 19, 2020 which was likely after OP reserved their Bronco.

Outside of that I don't feel comfortable sharing more info on him that I've found but it's all publicly accessible.
I have a feeling his whole family is going down.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wondering if there is a class action suit to be had against Ford on all of these dealer games that they promised to end when they launched this car. Reservation is made with F, F then flips you to a dealer based on your zip code...

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wondering if there is a class action suit to be had against Ford on all of these dealer games that they promised to end when they launched this car. Reservation is made with F, F then flips you to a dealer based on your zip code...
Ball was in your court, you had every opportunity to switch dealers.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ball was in your court, you had every opportunity to switch dealers.
I wasn't the person... Just making that clear.
No one could predict the bad behavior of the dealer when the vehicle would show up.
if F took the reservation and then passed it to one of their dealers, they are responsible for upholding the terms of the reservation with the buyer. I am not a lawyer, but been involved in enough cases.. love to see a class action attorney in these forums pipe in... lots of lead plaintiffs in these forums.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How do you know that he is a reseller?
My understanding on reading the thread is he owns an auction house and has had multiple reservations……..

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we not have any lawyers on 6G? Wouldn't this be a breach of contract knowing he put a deposit down and has a signed contract?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if F took the reservation and then passed it to one of their dealers, they are responsible for upholding the terms of the reservation with the buyer.
Okay, what term did they violate? Here is a part of the terms:

1. Reservation.

You may be able to configure a Ford vehicle (the “Vehicle”) through the Reservation Process (“Reservation”). By completing the Reservation Process, you are not ordering or purchasing a vehicle. The Reservation Process allows you to configure a Vehicle and pay the Reservation Deposit (“Reservation Deposit”) to an authorized Ford or Lincoln dealer (collectively “Dealer”) you select. Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. You must contact a Dealer to discuss final transaction pricing, arrange any necessary financing, and complete your purchase of the Vehicle. Your Reservation does not guarantee a set price for the Vehicle. The Dealer sets the Vehicle price, which may differ from the MSRP. Unless otherwise indicated, MSRP is the manufacturer suggested retail price and does not include destination/delivery fee plus government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer processing charge, any electronic filing charge, and any emission testing charge. Optional equipment not included.

The dealer tried to bone him here, and Ford helped resolve it, despite no actual ability to do it other than pressure on the dealer. Don't confuse the actions of the two.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we not have any lawyers on 6G? Wouldn't this be a breach of contract knowing he put a deposit down and has a signed contract?
The victim here himself is a lawyer (albeit with a very poor understanding of contract law, even by layman standards).

There was no signed contract that had pricing.

The situation was resolved, and he bought the FE Bronco at MSRP. The dealer cancelled the sale to a 3rd party at $95k to resolve this.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The victim here himself is a lawyer (albeit with a very poor understanding of contract law, even by layman standards).

There was no signed contract that had pricing.

The situation was resolved, and he bought the FE Bronco at MSRP. The dealer cancelled the sale to a 3rd party at $95k to resolve this.
this is great news
Sponsored