First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
States need to get rid of franchise protection laws. There is no logical reason why we can't order a vehicle directly from the manufacturer. Franchise laws are a scourge on the American public. States have "right to work" laws, manufacturer's need "right to sell" laws, allowing them to sell any way they seem fit, online, through dealers or brokers.
I may be wrong here but I am pretty sure manufacturers love having dealers but its just like pensions and ponzi schemes they have been in them so long they cant just exit stage left
Sponsored

nikkgmm

Badlands
First Name
Nikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm glad this worked out in the end. Like many of you I left a bad review on their social media presence. My next step was to reach out to all of the assignment desks of the local news stations hoping that would add some more bad publicity.

Reactions: Kel

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™m sure th
I may be wrong here but I am pretty sure manufacturers love having dealers but its just like pensions and ponzi schemes they have been in them so long they cant just exit stage left
[/QUOTE
Thereā€™s probably a role for dealers, Iā€™m just not sure what it is. Some people need their hand held when buying a car, others donā€™t. I just believe we should have the option of dealing directly with the manufacturer.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Caught this on Facebook, itā€™s by far the worst dealer yet.

9D4CEFEF-8050-49B3-A6D4-4D8B70444BEB.jpeg
Steve, you should probably update the opening post at some point to reflect the successful resolution of Tomā€™s order debacle. Members are still reading the OP and immediately commenting without trudging through the lengthy thread. (I know, shocker, right?)

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Steve, you should probably update the opening post at some point to reflect the successful resolution of Tomā€™s order debacle. Members are still reading the OP and immediately commenting without trudging through the lengthy thread. (I know, shocker, right?)
Fixed it, I was waiting for him to report if he has possession of it. After the BS they pulled I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they pulled something.

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fixed it, I was waiting for him to report if he has possession of it. After the BS they pulled I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they pulled something.
This is great news. I'm glad it was resolved.

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Manufacturers want no part of direct sales. Then they would be responsible for buying out all existing franchises as well as being responsible for staffing and every other headache that comes with it.

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If I'm buying a house and put it under contract I don't own it until closing, but when the seller and I sign a contract and I put down earnest money the seller can't just give my money back and say "oops, had a better offer, sorry, but you didn't own it yet".
Thatā€™s not quite true, or at least not in every state. In Illinois, the seller can absolutely pull out even after youā€™ve paid earnest money. It happened to me. The earnest money protects the seller, not the buyer. Itā€™s meant to compensate the seller for having to relist their property if the buyer pulls out.

In my case, the buyer pulled out because he got a better offer. Blessing in disguise for me thoughā€”I found a better house.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's not a contract though... that's just a deposit agreement, pretty standard. It in no way is a binding contract that the person leaving the deposit is guaranteed a vehicle and/or the sale of a vehicle. It only guarantees 1 of 2 things

1) The dealer will order a vehicle for the customer and/or locate one
2) If the dealer cannot do the above, that "non-refundable" deposit has to get refunded.
No, non-refundable is independent of whether customer buys from Tideland OR if Tideland is even successful finding the mentioned vehicle

It is the price of them looking

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Manufacturers want no part of direct sales. Then they would be responsible for buying out all existing franchises as well as being responsible for staffing and every other headache that comes with it.
Direct sales works very well in the used market for Vroom, Carvana, and even Carmax. It is like having a Walmart greeter but using self checkout. Thousands upon thousands of gold chain wearing cologne overloaded in your face bums being out of work. Is that all so bad?

Sponsored

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Direct sales works very well in the used market for Vroom, Carvana, and even Carmax. It is like having a Walmart greeter but using self checkout. Thousands upon thousands of gold chain wearing cologne overloaded in your face bums being out of work. Is that all so bad?
Those companies donā€™t spend billions designing, engineering, manufacturing and distributing millions of cars each year. They donā€™t want to be involved in retailing them. Itā€™s a fact.

Bronco Billy Boy

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

tHatS JusT cAPitaLIsM deAL WiTH It!
What a POS dealership. I'd love to hear the "other side of the story" on this one. The fact that Ford can't do anything about this goes to show how much the dealership lobby has the manufacturers by the b***s.
What balls? If they truly did let a dealership steal a customers vehicle and Ford did nothing about it, they are without balls AND morals.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Those companies donā€™t spend billions designing, engineering, manufacturing and distributing millions of cars each year. They donā€™t want to be involved in retailing them. Itā€™s a fact.
Ford is not involved in retailing either. They wholesale to dealers and that is their final and only sale. Your dealer BUYS your Bronco from Ford and resells it to you. The procedure as a first RETAIL sale carries first use and warranty rights.

It was Ford, 30-40 years ago that floated the idea of a customer using a kiosk at the slim-staffed dealer to order on their own

tjcurry

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Lincoln Blackwood
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How do you know that he is a reseller?
The victim here himself is a lawyer (albeit with a very poor understanding of contract law, even by layman standards).

There was no signed contract that had pricing.

The situation was resolved, and he bought the FE Bronco at MSRP. The dealer cancelled the sale to a 3rd party at $95k to resolve this.
Just going to chuckle at your cheap dig at my knowledge of contract law. Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Mr_Scoutmaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands / '22 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll have a conversation with Tidelands tomorrow, and see if we can help him. I think hes innocent in the whole situation.
Ford Bronco This is the worst dealer I have seen yet wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp5165e93c

Tom when you roll in there, make sure to take Moose and Rocco with you to help them find the Bronco.
Sponsored