Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah but the paper he signed says a Badlands... not a First Edition. So i'm not sure what is going on.

MAYBE he reserved one truck but wanted to get a different truck instead, and the dealer won't budge, which is what Mike Levine was talking about? We have no clue, there's a lot missing from the story here. Because he keeps talking about a First Edition, but then why is he signing something to have them find a badlands??? Why would he even need to sign that if he's already got a reservation? No clue what happened here. Did the dealer mess up a deposit paperwork? Are they actually trying to screw him and make more $$. Or did this Tom guy leave out a lot of important details that might not make his case seem so good? Nobody can tell right now. TOO MUCH missing from this story. Just a few screen shots doesn't tell us anything about what actually happened. It's completely 1 sided right now.
Agree, his "contract" has some issues.
He does have an order form with his name on it and FE from roughly the same date as the deposit.
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not a contract to take ownership of a vehicle with a specific VIN... that's the main difference.
this right there is what most here don't seem to realize. You can have a book full of signed things, doesn't matter, you buy the actual vehicle when you sit down to pay for it, noting else is binding in any way, deposit refund aside. Most dealers will honor their offer, but nothing prevents them from just not wanting to sell THEIR car to you for any reason or no reason at all. It's their car, they ordered it, they paid for it.

Maybe if you have a signed paper including VIN and price and all, but I doubt anyone here has that unless they have their Bronco in the garage already. Can't imagine a dealer signing that w/o having the vehicle on the lot and key in hand to give you.

Not defending these bullshit dealers at all, total scum, but there's no legal nothing you can do (plus they most likely have more funds for lawyers than you and have been down that road many times).

And the nonsense of burning the place down and breaking windows is just a bit childish. I'd be livid too, and post all over the net, apparently they don't give a hoot about that, as they know that will happen. Maybe they pay the review sites to have bad reviews taken down. But risking some serious legal trouble over a car is just a bit out there IMO. I mean, as much fun as it would be to steal a tank and flatten the place , not something I'd do, don't intend to see any prison from the inside unless it's Alcatraz or some ghost town jail.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From what I got is this guy ordered a bunch of broncos to flip and the dealer wants their cut.. kinda absurd but like a car wreck hard to look away..

That would make sense. And in a way, I'd agree with the dealer not to sell him the broncos because in a way, he's taking reservations from others.

AT THE SAME TIME... He DID put the reservations in, which ANYBODY else could have done. Sooo why shouldn't he be allowed to buy the trucks he reserved right??? Who is the dealer to say otherwise?

When I bought my Bronco off the lot (no reservation) I was asked if I was going to keep it, since I was registering it to my business. They wanted to make sure I wasn't flipping i I guess (makes sense).

So i mean yeah... do you blame the customer because he's a flipper. Or do you blame the dealership for trying to look out for others and themselves?

I mean honestly IF this is what happened, it's almost a wash as to WHO is to blame, isn't it?

Shame on Tom, who's very open about owning an automotive auction company it seems, for tying up so many broncos from the general public. BUT he did reserve them fair and square right?

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no contract until you are in the FI office signing the paperwork to take ownership. Up until then it's just deposits and what not which can be refunded if not delivered. The truck isn't yours until you are at the FI desk signing the bill of sale paperwork. Up until that point either party can always walk out.
If the dealer at anytime wrote in an email terms/pricing they own it. Electronic communication like text messages, emails, etc are enforceable contracts.

FYI to those doing business. Do not talk about terms of any type unless you are prepared to eat them.

The problem is going after the dealer. It takes resources and they bank on people saying the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Beyond the shitty situation, I'm still trying to wrap my head around what kind of moron paid $95k! That's what gets me with these ADMs that are ridiculous...people actually paying them!
The guy who nets over a million a year...

To him paying $95k for a bronco is like someone supersizing their Big Mac Meal at McDonalds...

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hmmm, I think that’s why they call it Fakebook!!!!!

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The guy who nets over a million a year...

To him paying $95k for a bronco is like someone supersizing their Big Mac Meal at McDonalds...
Hey, don't bring logic to this conversation! Hahah

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He posted his reservation and vin, it was for a FE. The Badlands thing was a misprint on the contract.

Sponsored

Djd7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is no contract until you are in the FI office signing the paperwork to take ownership. Up until then it's just deposits and what not which can be refunded if not delivered. The truck isn't yours until you are at the FI desk signing the bill of sale paperwork. Up until that point either party can always walk out.
a legal definition of a contract needs 4 elements
1) mutual ascent (offer and acceptance) he ordered a bronco and they accepted the order via a signed PA w/ VIN
2) consideration (each party gives something up: e.g. deposit money)
3) capacity (given for these parties)
4) and legal purpose (given)

Get a lawyer for a professional opinion but this seems to meets the definition of a contract and a breach resulting in damages

also worth getting State AG involved

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bruh. No clue what I would do. I would devote a significant amount of time and money (I have both being retired at 39) making sure that dealership didn't profit a penny off robbing me.
This is the sickest humblebrag I've seen in a long time

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford should really have limited it to one Bronco per customer for the first two years.

Want to flip your one Bronco? Fine. But I have zero sympathy for people who put in a bunch of reservations just to flip them. There’s more to this story, I promise.

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Last edited: