Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just thinking out loud here...and I'm not a lawyer. I had some exposure to the "American Sovereign" nonsense through my exes ex. One of their shticks is to file liens on everything, typically bogus but wastes time and clouds title on everything.

I wonder if a reservation holder with a VIN could file a lien on their VIN, making it more difficult for a shady dealer to sell it...
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just thinking out loud here...and I'm not a lawyer. I had some exposure to the "American Sovereign" nonsense through my exes ex. One of their shticks is to file liens on everything, typically bogus but wastes time and clouds title on everything.

I wonder if a reservation holder with a VIN could file a lien on their VIN, making it more difficult for a shady dealer to sell it...

Interesting, but the reservation holder doesn't own the vehicle yet... they just have a reservation. So it's still owned by... well FOMOCO I would assume until the dealer takes possession of it right at which point now the dealer is the new owner?

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

this right there is what most here don't seem to realize. You can have a book full of signed things, doesn't matter, you buy the actual vehicle when you sit down to pay for it, noting else is binding in any way, deposit refund aside. Most dealers will honor their offer, but nothing prevents them from just not wanting to sell THEIR car to you for any reason or no reason at all. It's their car, they ordered it, they paid for it.

Maybe if you have a signed paper including VIN and price and all, but I doubt anyone here has that unless they have their Bronco in the garage already. Can't imagine a dealer signing that w/o having the vehicle on the lot and key in hand to give you.

Not defending these bullshit dealers at all, total scum, but there's no legal nothing you can do (plus they most likely have more funds for lawyers than you and have been down that road many times).

And the nonsense of burning the place down and breaking windows is just a bit childish. I'd be livid too, and post all over the net, apparently they don't give a hoot about that, as they know that will happen. Maybe they pay the review sites to have bad reviews taken down. But risking some serious legal trouble over a car is just a bit out there IMO. I mean, as much fun as it would be to steal a tank and flatten the place , not something I'd do, don't intend to see any prison from the inside unless it's Alcatraz or some ghost town jail.
if you sign a contract that’s an agreement for them to order a specific car for you to purchase from them and the dealership signs that contract, especially if it has an agreed price and they took A deposit, that’s a binding deal they should be legally required to complete unless there are agreed conditions that are not met. If they take your money with a written agreement to get the car and they deliberately refuse to sell it to you, that sounds like fraud to me. Especially if they never intended for you to get the car.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is an offer, acceptance, and meeting of the minds. It’s hard to argue they agreed to sell you a first edition, there is a route to force performance on your contract.

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There is no contract until you are in the FI office signing the paperwork to take ownership. Up until then it's just deposits and what not which can be refunded if not delivered. The truck isn't yours until you are at the FI desk signing the bill of sale paperwork. Up until that point either party can always walk out.
That’s not true. There is a reason these agreement forms exist. To prevent instances like this on delivery.

Sponsored

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interesting, but the reservation holder doesn't own the vehicle yet... they just have a reservation. So it's still owned by... well FOMOCO I would assume until the dealer takes possession of it right at which point now the dealer is the new owner?
Yes and no. The whole purpose of the reservation system is the customer gets to choose who delivers the car to them. The dealer is supposed to be just a pick up point for these transactions. The dealer would never get that car if the customer didn’t choose to have it sent to them. Totally different from standard allocation, which doesn’t exist for the Bronco right now.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford needs to step the f-up and start holding dealers accountable. I know all dealers are independently owned and their PR response is "They are independent dealers; and we don't do anything". Ford makes it seem that these actions are acceptable. I would like to see Ford respond to one of these accusations publicly and start putting dealers on notice. This needs to stop.

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah I get it, but in this case it's a bit tricky. What he signed with his deposit, is an agreement for the dealer to order/locate a Badlands. What he reserved, is a First Edition. So those 2 documents don't back each other up.

And, since it's just an agreement for the dealer to order/locate one, IF they are in breach of that contract, well that "non-refundable deposit" gets returned to the customer.

It's not a contract to purchase XYZ vehicle with VIN #123 for $1234567 amount of money. It's just a standard deposit form is all, with expectations of course. But as I said, if those expectations are not met then the buyer can get his money back that he left with the dealer.

That's just how vehicle paperwork is. It's not YOUR TRUCK until you sign the contract/bill of sale which lists ALL of the data (your name, address, vehicle VIN, agreed upon price and then the fine print about paying for the vehicle and blah blah blah). That last document you sign in the F&I office is the one that defines what vehicle you own and for what price. Up until that point, everything else is part of the sales agreement.

EVEN a reservation is NOT an agreement to sell a vehicle. With that said it's a VERY VERY bad idea for a dealership (as is this case with this person) to back out on that reservation. Because just look at what happens to the dealership and all that negative feedback. So you never want to screw with a reservation or this happens. BUT at the end of the day, the dealership didn't exactly break any laws.

Rat bastard way to do business, ohh YOU BET. But against the law, NOT REALLY.
I see that, but the dealer has to submit the actual order from the reservation. FE’s we’re sold out on day 1, so there’s no doubt he had a FE reservation. So, why does it say Badlands? Good question. His answer was it was a generic form.

Bigwheelin

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Caught this on Facebook, it’s by far the worst dealer yet.

9D4CEFEF-8050-49B3-A6D4-4D8B70444BEB.jpeg
Seriously if I had a $1000 down of my own money and waited all that time and had a purchase agreement and they pulled this crap. I would have driven whatever I drove there right into that new bronco at 50mph. This crap has to stop . Dude how you didn’t go off the deep end I have no idea

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Time to break out the pooper scooper Mike L
Ford Bronco This is the worst dealer I have seen yet dog poo

Sponsored

krawl on

Badlands
First Name
PETE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Mustang supercharged
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Caught this on Facebook, it’s by far the worst dealer yet.

Ford Bronco This is the worst dealer I have seen yet dog poo
So sorry for your, inexcusable and unprofessional dealings with your Dealer. However, these Dealers know they have a "gold mine" in the new Bronco and will always have the "next guy" in line to pay whatever they ask. What is sad, is anybody buying a Bronco without ordering it is buying somebody else's order.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can see the dealer protecting the field. But if the dealer really sold the Bronco for $95k, sounds like they are out for themselves.
Seems like 4x4Trucks is the voice of reason here, so we will wait for the rest of the story.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That would make sense. And in a way, I'd agree with the dealer not to sell him the broncos because in a way, he's taking reservations from others.

AT THE SAME TIME... He DID put the reservations in, which ANYBODY else could have done. Sooo why shouldn't he be allowed to buy the trucks he reserved right??? Who is the dealer to say otherwise?

When I bought my Bronco off the lot (no reservation) I was asked if I was going to keep it, since I was registering it to my business. They wanted to make sure I wasn't flipping i I guess (makes sense).

So i mean yeah... do you blame the customer because he's a flipper. Or do you blame the dealership for trying to look out for others and themselves?

I mean honestly IF this is what happened, it's almost a wash as to WHO is to blame, isn't it?

Shame on Tom, who's very open about owning an automotive auction company it seems, for tying up so many broncos from the general public. BUT he did reserve them fair and square right?
Screw Tom. That’s not the intention of the reservation and there is no honor among thieves. Plenty of dealers doing the right thing and these guys getting a heads up gave Tom a little bit if his own medicine. I hate blatant profiteering.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why can’t @Ford Motor Company just stop dealers from receiving Broncos when they try this stuff and resume once they renege on being dicks. Like a bronco freeze for the entire dealership if they try and screw customers. That way they have an ultimatum to play nice
Sponsored