stratego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone subjected to things like this should quickly file a complaint with the state car dealer licensing board and any relevant state attorneys. Anytime you are defrauded by a dealership in any way you should do this, even down to the point of when you are bait and switched into coming to the dealership.

Dealers like their privilege position, but we can use the regulatory structure they asked for to destroy their ability to run a business. Many states take fraud extremely seriously in the auto trade and they can lose their franchise.
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is exactly why we dont want to ever work with dealers. period.
only other option for now is Tesla and that's a no thanks from me, can't stand Musk for personal reasons.

The dealer lobby has had all the so called "pro business" politicians in their pocket for decades, as long as this lobbyist nonsense exists that won't change. The politicians won't bite the hand that feeds them and noting will change there. Dealers are usually multi million $ businesses, mine is owned by a family that owns a good variety of car brand dealerships here, others are even bigger conglomerates with even more money to toss at "lawmakers". And they wouldn't do it it if wasn't a good return on investment ;-)

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ā€˜21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Interesting. I'm not sure what that paperwork is, but it is not an agreement to purchase a Bronco. It says right on it that the $1000 deposit will be deducted "from the agreed-upon price." If no price was agreed on, its likely there was no binding agreement at all. An order will have a set price. Sad truth is that dealers do all kinds of shady stuff, and its possible they might have misrepresented this to the buyer as a firm order agreement. But it apparently is not. Be careful out there!

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ā€˜21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

A few things bug me here:
1. The DORA has a hand-written Rock Rails, but the First Editions come with them (per Ford.com - look at the Equipment Group Features - last item shown here):
Maybe this was a hamfisted way of referring to the accessory steps that Ford sells for this price. The FE has rock rails but has no steps and with the lift/35s, many will need to buy the accessory steps although they are often poo-poo'd by "true" offroaders.

Sponsored

njAK84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealers take note I guess. Tread lightly with Bronco reservation holders, or as you may come to know them: Bringers of Doom. The court of public opinion is not in your favor. Justified; unjustified. Shady; shrewd. Doesnā€™t matter. Cross a reservation holder and you may well be digging your own grave.

This dealer has already deactivated their FB account, and their Google account has a massive slew of 1-star reviews in the last 7 hours. Not the first time weā€™ve seen this, wonā€™t be the last.

Last edited:

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I see that mike levine guy is useless as suspected Man Ford continues to rub dirt into wounds
Ford customer service is a joke. We have had multiple problems with our $52k Edge. After almost 2 months the dealer fixed the main issue, but the other 3, they basically blatantly lied to us. Ford customer service was involved, until they decided they didn't want to be. No calls back, no manager return call as promised. Nothing. And the other dealer (where I ordered my Bronco) basically said since the previous dealer worked on it, I am on the hook for repairs because Ford won't cover it (as a repeat repair).

Easy solution, Ford needs to pull a bronco raptor allocation from that dealer and give it to this man through another dealer.
I really don't think Ford cares.

Up until this post, I wasn't a fan of Ford going to a Tesla model of car delivery (each vehicle custom ordered). Now? I'm starting to think the dealer model needs to die.
The problem with that is it will drive prices up. the timing of the Bronco with the supply constraints hurting the industry has created this mess. In normal times, we'd be getting these things for invoice by next summer instead of dealers bending customers over.

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For all the people saying ā€œheā€™s a reseller good for himā€ your a fool. He reserved the bronco, he chose to work with this dealer. They had an agreement to sell for sticker and he gave a $1000 deposit in good faith for that deal. What he does with the bronco after the purchase is his prerogative. It would be different if this was a dealer stock unit and they sold it to someone before he arrived he had no skin in the game but itā€™s not that scenario.

Last edited:

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same ole, same ole- power and greed. Greed from the dealer and power from the rich person who bought it.

doink

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE 350. Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For all the people saying heā€™s a reseller good for him your a fool. He reserved the bronco, he chose to work with this dealer. They had an agreement to sell for sticker and he gave a $1000 deposit in good faith for that deal. What he does with the bronco after the purchase is his prerogative. It would be different if this was a dealer stock unit and they sold it to someone before he arrived he had no skin in the game but itā€™s not that scenario.
Was it confirmed he was a reseller/exporter? I think I missed that in the thread.

Sponsored

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No dealership can make a legal-standing agreement that can prevent a person from selling their private property. LOL
Ford had those contracts with Ford GT buyers that they wouldn't sell for two years.

John Cena sold his early, Ford sued him, and Cena settled.

It seems that it is possible to write an enforceable contract that puts stipulations on future sale.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we should all leave negative feedback on google at a minimum. These people are heartless and have zero consideration for their customers.
That's pointless, the dealership can and will have the negative feedback deleted.

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For all the people saying heā€™s a reseller good for him your a fool. He reserved the bronco, he chose to work with this dealer. They had an agreement to sell for sticker and he gave a $1000 deposit in good faith for that deal. What he does with the bronco after the purchase is his prerogative. It would be different if this was a dealer stock unit and they sold it to someone before he arrived he had no skin in the game but itā€™s not that scenario.
Nah. These guys who place a bunch of orders, just to turn around and flip them, drive up prices and reduce supply for real buyers.

I just canā€™t muster an ounce of sympathy here. I really canā€™t.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The solution, which won't fix this issue, is for Ford to act on the latitude they have via the master dealer agreement. There are multiple things they can do to choke their allocation of Bronco, along with other vehicle lines down to where it hurts. While what the dealer did was likely legal it's also a prime example (assuming the story is legit) of some of the most disgusting and shittiest business practices in the industry, short of outright fraud.

For the dealer to be contacted by their regional people and still give everyone the single finger salute says the owner(s) are connected upstream, are too big to be punished or just full of horrible leadership. Just when I think I've seen it all.......yea.