Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely, they had to have someone lined up if they got 95k. Thats an insane number.
Charleston has some very wealthy, old money types that are connected. I lived there for years and had some limited exposure to it, it is really insane.

I bought a Cayman there years ago, it had like 1800 miles on it and was otherwise brand new. The dealer told me the guy who previously owned it had special ordered a 911T (which was, at the time, the top end 911). He just straight bought the $60k Cayman on the lot, owned it for 2-3 months, then traded it in at a $10k+ loss for the 911 when it arrived.
Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did see that order form and signature line with the pricing, which does help back up the intended transaction. But the Order sheet is dated approximately 1 week after the deposit commitment sheet was signed. A price, even if it just says MSRP plus added accessories at MSRP should have been inserted in that document. Having said that, it really comes down to the ethical acts of the dealer as all the numbers are shown on the order and any dealer worth their salt as ethical business people, should have abided by those figures. My own experience with dealers has been exactly that.....as long as it is in writing, they have honored the commitment.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Up until this post, I wasn't a fan of Ford going to a Tesla model of car delivery (each vehicle custom ordered). Now? I'm starting to think the dealer model needs to die.
States need to get rid of franchise protection laws. There is no logical reason why we can't order a vehicle directly from the manufacturer. Franchise laws are a scourge on the American public. States have "right to work" laws, manufacturer's need "right to sell" laws, allowing them to sell any way they seem fit, online, through dealers or brokers.

Last edited:

esquirebdc

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tidelands agreement to order / locate the Badlands for $1000 consideration.
Bingo... WITH "Consideration" that is key to make sure it gets passed a few hurdles. Putting money down makes a LOT of difference, and thats money with the dealer not the manufacturer.

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If this happened to me, I’d not only tell this dealer to f off, but that I’m going to take every opportunity on social media, local media, word of mouth, advertising, etc, to cost them as many future sales as I possibly can. It’ll become my secondary life’s work to screw that dealer ten fold what they did.
And I’d probably tell Ford to screw off too and never try to purchase another one ever. These events need to start hurting dealers, not buyers who ordered a Ford. One Ford dealer made me not even look at a Ford for 27 years with shady tricks, so if my bronco order goes south- I’ll never look at another Ford again. Don’t give a shit how cool the bronco is- there are other things to drive and I refuse to deal with crap like this.
Remember that owners of dealerships usually own multiple car lots, not just Ford. I know some that have Ford, Toyota, Jeep, GM and Nissan, for example.

You may shun a Ford dealership, only to find out you bought a competitor’s vehicle from the very same owners. If you follow the shit-trail to the top it needs to end with the dealership owner, IMO.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think it's very important for everyone to understand this isn't capitalism, this is extortion. These dealerships can NOT get these Bronco's on their lot without a customer placing a reservation and an order. They are then forcing the customer, who is the only reason a Bronco is on their lot to begin with, pay a large ADM.

This isn't a "dealership has limited supply so can upcharge" the dealership has NO supply because the orders MUST come through a customer. This is scalping.

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guess I dont understand all this discussion. Take all your papers to a lawyer and get real legal advice! The moment you have a Ford email with a VIN and one countersigned dealer document that shows a total price, you have that dealership by the you know what!!

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see that mike levine guy is useless as suspected Man Ford continues to rub dirt into wounds
This has absolutely zero to do with Ford actually. They don’t own their own dealerships and can’t force them to do what’s right. Gotta do better research before purchase because I doubt that’s the first time something like that occurred there.

Sponsored

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This has absolutely zero to do with Ford actually. They don’t own their own dealerships and can’t force them to do what’s right. Gotta do better research before purchase because I doubt that’s the first time something like that occurred there.
I realise that Ford doesn't own they dealers but they name is all over the product. People are buying a Ford Bronco not a Tidelands Bronco it is unfortunate that Ford doesn't even say boo to the dealers and at the very least strongly suggest that they do the right thing but buyer beware is always the bottom line

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I realise that Ford doesn't own they dealers but they name is all over the product. People are buying a Ford Bronco not a Tidelands Bronco it is unfortunate that Ford doesn't even say boo to the dealers and at the very least strongly suggest that they do the right thing but buyer beware is always the bottom line
The head of Communications at Ford messaged this guy directly that he had pressured the dealer and that they wouldn't back down....he pasted in the message acknowledging that Ford had tried. So they did exactly what you say is unfortunate that they don't do. The dealer just wouldn't budge.

That said, I did see that the victim here said on Facebook that they were working on a resolution...not sure what that could be.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

vrtical

Raptor