Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anybody that pays over MSRP for ANY Bronco is an idiot, period.
Replying to Compta, but this pretty much sums up the entire thread.

Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

unless someone is screwed out of their 1.5 year wait for their ordered bronco, I don't care what someone asks for it. the C8 corvette is still bringing $40K over MSRP over 2 years after launch. What should really piss you off is if someone gets to pay MSRP after not even knowing what a Bronco was for the last 2 years, while you and I waited.

Jgalvan79

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If someone wants to overpay for it, let the idiot do so. Just like other cars it won't be worth anything in the end. It's not going to be like these older vintage broncos.

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yup, an eBayed BL brings on average $15k over sticker. About a 10k profit for the seller depending on how much sales tax they already paid. No way a non FE sells for over 100k. It certainly wouldn't make me sick if it did.
Makes us sick and makes someone really stupid paying that much over MSRP... What has the world come to.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe I'll try this . . .

Bronco Swag FE Hammock - Only $750!

Ford Bronco This makes me sick $120k for Badlands Sasquatch FE Hammock
I will match that and throw in a flag and crappy drawings (all three in their original, unopened mailing packages for only $699! (plus shipping))

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only thing I would change about the ordering process is the delays due to poor quality MIC hard tops, lack of chips, and the shortage in shipping containers. Beyond those three items, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I really want a PS5, Xbox Series X, a 3080 Series video card, and of course, a Bronco. Sony & Microsoft only allowed a very limited amount of pre-orders that I was not able to get. After the initial pre-orders were exhausted, Sony and Microsoft went direct to retail. This lead to scalpers using sophisticated tools to snipe inventory and resell it for insane markups. A year later and they still go for 50% or more over retail prices. I can't compete with scalpers and I refuse to pay their prices. So I patiently wait until the time I can walk into a store and buy one for retail right off the shelf. It is obnoxiously stupid for these companies to not develop ongoing pre-order lists so that the end consumer can make a direct-to-consumer order.

The situation is different with Ford. Everyone who is selling their Bronco got on the same list as everyone else and waited their fair share of time. When they sell their bronco, they go back to the end of the list and wait for the next one - just like everyone else.

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My take is that the only Bronco owners that will see typical car depreciation for the next year or so are those that paid $100k+ for a FE. As others have said the FE has no real difference from other fully loaded Broncos other than a sticker and interior color and possibly exterior color option. Unless it's parked for a long time that value won't hold. Maybe 30-40 years from now but that 100k invested today would be worth way more so its not an investment.

That said I don't blame anyone that does if they want to own and enjoy one....just don't expect it to be and investment that pays any return.

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really want a PS5, Xbox Series X, a 3080 Series video card, and of course, a Bronco. Sony & Microsoft only allowed a very limited amount of pre-orders that I was not able to get. After the initial pre-orders were exhausted, Sony and Microsoft went direct to retail. This lead to scalpers using sophisticated tools to snipe inventory and resell it for insane markups. A year later and they still go for 50% or more over retail prices. I can't compete with scalpers and I refuse to pay their prices. So I patiently wait until the time I can walk into a store and buy one for retail right off the shelf. It is obnoxiously stupid for these companies to not develop ongoing pre-order lists so that the end consumer can make a direct-to-consumer order.
Not to derail OP's thread, but I was able to secure five XSX and two PS5s for myself and friends in the first 3/4 months after launch. You don't need sophisticated tools to secure them, what you do need is to follow a few select twitter accounts, and be be ready to jump on a release when a notification comes out. PM me if you're interested and I can send you the handful of accounts I followed.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Listing for 120k isn't necessarily *selling* for 120k...

And if someone is desperate/wealthy enough to pay that kind of money for a Bronco, have at it... welcome to capitalism.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not to derail OP's thread, but I was able to secure five XSX and two PS5s for myself and friends in the first 3/4 months after launch. You don't need sophisticated tools to secure them, what you do need is to follow a few select twitter accounts, and be be ready to jump on a release when a notification comes out.
I'm glad my girls were never big video game fanatics. (y)

But this is a perfect example of how things work. Broncos and everything else. Don't have a video console, but you want one. Not on any list, and not fast enough to get one via social media like Detroyer is. So you pay over MSRP. Problem solved. You have your console and it's merry Christmas!

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What ticks me is he says he doesn't need it as he has another. There's folks out there with a day one first hour order time, and haven't received theirs yet. Hell, I probably won't see mine until '24.
Unless they are spending your money worrying about what other people buy and sell is a big waste of time and energy. I shake my head at the decisions some people make but in the end it doesn't make one shit bit of difference in my life.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just don’t understand why everyone gets their panties in a wad over someone selling their own vehicles for a profit? We sold the wife’s car for $10K over what it was worth a year ago to use as the downpayment on our Bronco……🤷🏻‍♂️
It's called CAPITALISM. We already live by that model. Why do you get paid at work? Are you worth what you charge? Really? Are you? Im glad that those willing to not drive it are willing to sell it to those who are.

TMP

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super Duty 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's called CAPITALISM. We already live by that model. Why do you get paid at work? Are you worth what you charge? Really? Are you? Im glad that those willing to not drive it are willing to sell it to those who are.
What the hell are you talking about? No crap it’s capitalism……did you miss the part where I said we made an extra $10K on the wife’s old car??? Are you high/drunk or just didn’t comprehend what I wrote? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What the hell are you talking about? No crap it’s capitalism……did you miss the part where I said we made an extra $10K on the wife’s old car??? Are you high/drunk or just didn’t comprehend what I wrote? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sorry. I was backing you up from the haters of capitalism. No offense intended.
Sponsored