Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Eh, probably written by a B6G member. Many seem shocked to find out what an off road vehicle actually is.
I guess some folks need a Helderburg D110 to be happy.
On second thought, that would make me happy too.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a Bronco...

Not sure what kind of person the aithor is but i'm glad to not fit in his mold.

https://www.insidehook.com/article/vehicles/review-ford-bronco-wildtrak

The review should be titled "Ford Bronco isn't a Discovery"

" The end result is a beefy rig that is in many ways a match for the perennial Wrangler, but at the same time out of step with the evolution of sport-utility design outside the hardcore wheeling space. "

I think the author just wished it was an electric or hybrid.

" Changing direction in the Bronco is also a task best accomplished at modest mph, as the behemoth proportions of my four-door tester informed every cornering request. "

This is a nod towards why getting the 2-door is the way to go. Having come from an F150, I am constantly readjusting the Bronco's steering as it turns insanely sharp / tight quickly. Mine is nimble AF.

" It’s unusual for me to totter around at five under the speed limit, but that was my comfort zone during an extended road trip with the Wildtrak. "

Moving the seat up would have fixed this problem.

" Perhaps it was for the best, as I managed just 16 mpg in combined driving even with a relaxed attitude on the accelerator. "

I'm averaging 19.5 - admittedly my Badlands does not have the Sasquatch package.

" What I found most surprising about the Bronco, however, was how it lacked the personality animating the Wrangler’s dedicated cult. As nebulous as this may sound, once you get past the vehicle’s eye-catching, brick-like design, there’s almost nothing about the Wildtrak that felt truly “special.”

If this guy didn't work for an online magazine, he would have been driving the Bronco Sport thinking he cut the line and got one of the first Broncos.

Once the hotness buzz wears off (and I think it is starting to, already) and ADM becomes the joke it was always meant to be, I'm completely okay being among a group who love the Bronco just as it is.

Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All I know, there isn’t a vehicle available with removable doors that caught my eye until I saw the Bronco. Not much else matters.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had my bronco Badlands 4dr high package for a week. I must be extremely easy to please. I find new features everyday that make me smile. Like the weather forecast and the satellite weather map. The NAV is awesome so far. The ambient footwell lighting, the zone lighting are nice. I was amazed how tight my 4dr turned.. haven't even tried trail turn assist yet. Is quiet on road, powerful and torky, top doesn't rattle, seats feel good and the heated seats are fast. Blows crazy heat. Looks awesome. Spotlights are cool... I could go on and on... but yeah. I sometimes wonder if people are actually in the bronco being that their views are a 180 from what I'm actually seeing in mine! I just write lots off as trolls.

Ford Bronco This Negative Review Makes Me Happy troll-trolls

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope the author is ok. He said he got out of his comfort zone at anything faster than 5 under the posted speed limit in the behemoth Bronco. He would probably give himself PTSD if he drove it with the top down.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hope the author is ok. He said he got out of his comfort zone at anything faster than 5 under the posted speed limit in the behemoth Bronco. He would probably give himself PTSD if he drove it with the top down.
My understanding is that he had a nervous breakdown. Something about accidentally pushing the Sport mode button when he thought he selected Eco. Poor bastard.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The squeaking hardtop is a legit gripe. Most of the rest of the complaints were about the type of vehicle the Bronco is. And he can't even articulate what makes the Wrangler so much more "whimsical". A lot of us like the Bronco precisely because it takes cues from the Wrangler, but dumps the "primitive" trappings.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought a Bronco...

Not sure what kind of person the aithor is but i'm glad to not fit in his mold.

https://www.insidehook.com/article/vehicles/review-ford-bronco-wildtrak

The review should be titled "Ford Bronco isn't a Discovery"
A review like that which appears to use computer generated images, to me is suspect.

Overall though, other than the odd "personality" complaint of the reviewer, it's what I liked to hear. Namely, that the Bronco is built tough and for off-roading, and not necessarily the best choice for regular road usage. Which is exactly what I wanted Ford to build, instead of a new Blazer type SUV. I already have cars designed to excel on pavement, so Bronco would be for the fun off-road and utility usage stuff.
Sponsored