First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drove from San Antonio, Texas to the Texas Off Roadeo on Friday. I averaged 20.0 mpg up, and 19.9mpg round trip per the trip computer. 81~ miles each way on highway 281 which goes from heavy stop and go construction just north of san antonio to 70mph the rest of the way north.

Edit: this was on 87 octane
Sponsored

Last edited:

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Higher octane is for higher compression. Any engine with less than 9.5 to 10 to 1 compression doesn't need 93 octane. It's a waste of money. Outside of a few high performance engines that's most vehicles built today. Turbocharged engines don't use high compression otherwise you blow head gaskets constantly. Modern engines are computer controlled and adapt tuning accordingly. Old muscle cars with 11 11.5 to 1 compression need 93+ octane to even run as there is no computer. The 2.3 Has ample power even with the Sasquatch pkg.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe someone addressed this somewhere in this thread, but I've noticed something in our '22 BB 2.3 (4.27 gears and I added 315/70/17 tires w/ 17x8.5 wheels).

We recently went on a little road trip consisting of some highways (55mph speed limits) and a bit of interstate (65mph / 70mph). I use the cruise control a lot. One thing I noticed, when in regular mode, and cruise on, while the RPMs are lower than Sport mode, the engine is in boost A LOT more. When in Sport mode, the RPMs are a bit higher , but the engine goes into boost a lot less.

Next time we make a road trip I'm going to compare the two on similar runs and see if there is a difference in mpg.
Sponsored