Sponsored

Those with a Roof Top Tent- how often do you remove it?

Antimatter06

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 6-speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like this.
Ford Bronco Those with a Roof Top Tent- how often do you remove it? CE83830D-9669-468A-ADAD-E5250851E9BF
Sponsored

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have any unique ideas to take on/off with another person or even solo without the hoist on garage ceiling method? I live in Chicago so the garage won't fit the bronco and the GFC RTT and I'd like to take it off solo if needed.

I was thinking grab handles that mount within the t-nut tracksystem (2 on each side) and me an my girlfriendcan probably take it on/off that way. I just don't know if 4 billet grab handles can take the weight of the RTT (150ish LB's). Thoughts?

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How is everyone supposed to know you're an "overlander" and therefore superior to all other mere "campers" if you take it off?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone have any unique ideas to take on/off with another person or even solo without the hoist on garage ceiling method? I live in Chicago so the garage won't fit the bronco and the GFC RTT and I'd like to take it off solo if needed.

I was thinking grab handles that mount within the t-nut tracksystem (2 on each side) and me an my girlfriendcan probably take it on/off that way. I just don't know if 4 billet grab handles can take the weight of the RTT (150ish LB's). Thoughts?
There are a few videos of people that use basically boards/ramps to slide the tent off. Another video I saw someone used one of those hitch baskets as a temp resting stop to flip the tent on.

If you are not able to use a ceiling hoist, I think you can even get a hitch mounted host.

Fyi, you can get the bronco to drop 2-3" if needed... So if you are only a tad to tall, it is possible to stilll get it in your garage.

That is what I do. I drop my bronco, can clear my garage with about 1/2" and take the RTT on/off once inside. Whole process only takes 30-45 minutes.
Sponsored