Sponsored

Thought I had it figured out, now back to square one (BL vs BD)

Which Trim?

• Total voters

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Long and short, was all set with Manual Badlands+Mid, until I saw Co-pilot was bundled with it, and after reading it:

Ford Bronco Thought I had it figured out, now back to square one (BL vs BD) 1610751690576

So now back to square one, the good ole Badlands vs Black Diamond.

Gonna keep it barebones options wise, really just Rapid Red, and wondering whether it's worth the $6k difference to upgrade to the Badlands, or to just spend the savings on mods, as hey, they'll eventually have an aftermarket take on the Sig. Lights and I can always get the wider tires if need be with the rims I want.

and of course, for the rest of you who aren't debating the pro's and con's of each but are just curious:
OMT-AOC_EasyPop_Image-2a.gif
Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would be curious how many can really 'figure it out'. Email today shows

• Twoā€‘Door
  • Wildtrakā„¢ Series
  • 2.7L Engine
  • Sasquatchā„¢ Package
  • Lux Equipment Group
  • Leatherā€‘Trimmed Interior
All lead to extended wait times.

Well I hit 5 of the 6 without even trying. Too bad this isn't powerball.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I decided the co-pilot mid options were not a huge issue. If it will be like other new Fords the lane assist can be turned off. I hated it in the rental Expedition (2020 model) and the in-laws 2019 or early2020 Expedition but it can be turned off.

I too was back and forth on the BD and BL. Mansquatch as late available is what pushed me into the BL but I was thinking mid on both after looking at things.

-I do like the heated seats, I know can be done aftermarket but this is just done.
-auto dimming headlights. Honestly, the two expeditions I noted above have it and it is really nice to have.
-auto darkening rear veiw...our last 3-4 cars have had this and again like it.
-blind spot indicator. Like them as well.
-upgraded sync 4...uh ok indifferent about this one.
-sun visor lights...fuggin wife uses them too much IMHO in the passenger seat.
-lane assist. As noted should be able to turn off. not a fan
-emergency braking. not sure on this one. I just hope the front bumper does not have sensors on it with the mid.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be curious how many can really 'figure it out'. Email today shows

• Twoā€‘Door
  • Wildtrakā„¢ Series
  • 2.7L Engine
  • Sasquatchā„¢ Package
  • Lux Equipment Group
  • Leatherā€‘Trimmed Interior
All lead to extended wait times.

Well I hit 5 of the 6 without even trying. Too bad this isn't powerball.

I am 0 for 6...just like when I play powerball...lol.

Jv15

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Similar situation here. Saving money and going BD, I actually like the steelies and non-sig lights and grill so it makes that easier. I like the overall size of the BL better with larger tires and lift, but can do that on my own later. The additional mechanical improvements, suspension etc would be wasted on me given Iā€™m not doing any serious off-roading. Would just be for looks. Wanting access to the high/Lux package was also enticing but then were talking a $10k jump, not just $6k. So the sensible move was sticking at BD and using the money later. No rush to upgrade the tires/wheels right off the bat, will wait for first set to wear down.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The struggle is real! I've been going back and forth for months. I want both the mid package and 7MT, but I'm confident BD will give me more than I need. So, for me, it's 2dr BD 2.7 or BL 2.3 7MT - both non-squatched with mid. I agree with you that the extra savings can go to other mods!

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

$4k diff from my BD build to my BL build. I decided on BL because the toys will be available if I need.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really like the BD but I really want the 12ā€screen, so BL it is. Plus, I do off-road so I also like the Disco and YOLO.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

When I build them the same, they are very close in price which stands to reason. Except I want 7MT and Mid so BL it is.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands because I'm bias.

Sponsored

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like and wanted the BD as its all i need

but I want High and I want Sig, plus I like the bigger tires and opt rims
so BL for me

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was going BD all the way, then watched a video about the Badlands with the HOSS suspension.
BL bigger tires look better for proportions than BD tires. They fill the wheel arches better than BD tires.

Going BL only makes sense if I go off road more than I originally thought, having the HOSS for around town is not necessary.

Newbie & planning to go off road so having HOSS will make me want to stretch my off road experiences to see what the truck can handle. Spending the money on BL planning to challenge myself to take the truck to the limits.

Staying with Mid as 12" screen & 360 camera are nice and not necessary.
Don't care about sig lights and will take them though.

Trade off - was going with 2.7 A/T originally, now going 2.3 & A/T 1895. savings from BD build helps with upgrading pricing of BL

Last edited:

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is the same decision I had to make. Doing 2dr BD race red and my build is less than 40K.

Couldn't rationalize another 5-6K for Badlands. I know I'm not doing any hard core off roading and the BD will do me just fine.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I suddenly find my self in the same situation. I have been all in on a badlands for months. I want the MGV and do want the 12ā€ screen. Also want the signature headlights and the LED tails. But its an extra $7k to get to that 12: screen.

So now I am thinking maybe it makes more sense to get the Black Diamond. I wont be doing any serious off roading, maybe hit the beach or something, dealing with snow in the winter but thats about it.

If I take the High Package out of the equation the price difference is still pretty big.

Badlands - 2.7/auto/mid = $48,575
Black Diamond - 2.7/auto/mid/advanced 4x4 = $43,325
Savings = $5250

I was probably going to get new wheels anyway, thinking the fifteen52s. So $1250
New tires, 33 or 35ā€ = $1250
Dont like the black diamond grill so new grill = $500
If the jeep market is any indication I will be able to find headlights and tails for around $1000.
Not sure what a 1-2ā€ lift costs? $1500?

I still end up ahead and honestly I would have spent the $2500 on new wheels and tires on the badlands as well so that doesnā€™t count in my numbers.
Plus I am sure I could either find a trade partner or sell the Steelies, the headlamps and the grill.

Damn I think I just talked myself into a black diamond.

Jv15

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This sort of tags along with the numerous BL and BD posts as thatā€™s what Iā€™m comparing, so Iā€™ll post this here. And Iā€™m fully willing to take the heat if Iā€™m a moron but i searched and havenā€™t found much on this specifically. With all of these calculations on tire size, was the bigger concern the increase in width of the tire or the diameter? Iā€™m looking for bigger tires mostly because it looks better on the 4-door. Off-roading consists of some beach and dirt (so nothing requiring upgraded suspension). It will be my daily driver, not much of a work commute either. Iā€™ve learned most of what Iā€™m going to say from this forum (thatā€™s scary) so take that as you will. Iā€™m planning to go BD and then get bigger tires (I donā€™t mind the steelies and I prefer the BD grille and regular lights). It seems most of the ā€œliftā€ in BL or Squatch is tire size increase (something like 10mm more in squatch separately?). BFG shows a K02 34 x 10.5 x 17 that is d load (says it measures 33.5) on their website. The width is almost identical to the stock 265/70/r17. Iā€™m going 2.7AT. They both have 4.46 gearing with stock tires (BD 32 (31.6)and BL 33 (32.7). I know that we wonā€™t know until people get their hands on them, but I donā€™t really want to touch anything other than swapping to bigger tires. I donā€™t care about a few mph difference on the speedo, Iā€™m not going to beat it up off-road, and I donā€™t care if the tires might look a bit skinner. But Iā€™m willing to take a small risk to save $4-$6k by going stock BD Vs BD squatch or stock BL. Is that specific tire potentially a viable solution? Anything Iā€™m missing here that I havenā€™t considered that might torpedo the whole thing?
Sponsored