First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond, Jeep Wrangler X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly the remote has the worst button placement. I've set off the alarm having the fob on a belt loop and leaned on something. All the buttons are right next to each other. Seems the lightest touch can activate any fob feature.

Ford Pass can be setup on multiple phones and even tablets. Know your username and password, or be able to access it. I've put it on my phone, tablet, and best friend's phone.
Sponsored

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My story of locking the keys in the Bronco. Occurred on Day 2 of ownership.

Unfortunately, this is a story of my perfect storm of idiocy. I had hopped out of the Bronco earlier in the trip to take a picture of it at a plantation we'd stopped at. The Bronco, like my Raptor before it, blows the horn if you get out with the keys and the vehicle is still running, so I threw the fob in the tray.

Fortunately my Bronco does indeed have a keypad.
Unfortunately I locked the keys in it less than 24 hours after buying it by pressing the 7/9 keys on that very keypad out of habit at a convenience store in Southern Louisiana on the drive back to Virginia and forgetting that I had not programmed my personal code yet, and with the factory code still sealed in plastic in the glove box.

Fortunately, I had the FordPass app on my cellphone, and had activated the service that morning while my wife was in the shower.
Unfortunately, the phone was laying in the tray next to the key fob.

Fortunately, the kind clerk at the convenience store allowed me to borrow her phone to call the Ford Dealership a few miles away to get the factory code for my Bronco from their system.
Unfortunately, they would not give me the code over the phone, despite being able to verify every thread of purchase, registration, warranty information matching what I was telling her. She stated that I would actually have to be there, at the dealership, with my Bronco before they would do anything for me.

Fortunately, I was able to use the borrowed phone to call my sales rep (Allan at Doggett Ford, Houston TX) who happened to be working that day, to have him get my factory code from their service department, since, after all, I'd just bought my Bronco from them the day before and they knew me at this point.
Unfortunately their service department was closed by this time on a Saturday afternoon.

Fortunately Allan suggested that I download the FordPass App onto the borrowed phone, log in using my username and password, and then use FordPass to unlock my Bronco.
Unfortunately while the convenience store clerk was ok allowing me to use her
phone to talk, she did not have a good data plan and would not allow me to download the app

Fortunately Allan answered when I called back, and logged into the FordPass App on HIS phone with my username and password and unlocked my Bronco remotely.

See? There ARE happy endings to Bronco stories....

Huge shout out to A) the convenience store clerk Tanisha for allowing me to borrow her phone B) Allan for ultimately saving the day, and C) my wife Sam for not judging me (to my face at least)

1647713853284-png.png

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeez….I told myself that the Bronco may be the last “new” vehicle I ever (if it ever shows up) purchase, in favor of some far fetched restomod Scout or something I could never afford. If these kinds of silly electrical gremlins persist I’ll have to remember we’re D.B. Cooper buried his stash so I can make that dream come true. 😎

OP
OP
Donkeygyrl

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My story of locking the keys in the Bronco. Occurred on Day 2 of ownership.

Unfortunately, this is a story of my perfect storm of idiocy. I had hopped out of the Bronco earlier in the trip to take a picture of it at a plantation we'd stopped at. The Bronco, like my Raptor before it, blows the horn if you get out with the keys and the vehicle is still running, so I threw the fob in the tray.

Fortunately my Bronco does indeed have a keypad.
Unfortunately I locked the keys in it less than 24 hours after buying it by pressing the 7/9 keys on that very keypad out of habit at a convenience store in Southern Louisiana on the drive back to Virginia and forgetting that I had not programmed my personal code yet, and with the factory code still sealed in plastic in the glove box.

Fortunately, I had the FordPass app on my cellphone, and had activated the service that morning while my wife was in the shower.
Unfortunately, the phone was laying in the tray next to the key fob.

Fortunately, the kind clerk at the convenience store allowed me to borrow her phone to call the Ford Dealership a few miles away to get the factory code for my Bronco from their system.
Unfortunately, they would not give me the code over the phone, despite being able to verify every thread of purchase, registration, warranty information matching what I was telling her. She stated that I would actually have to be there, at the dealership, with my Bronco before they would do anything for me.

Fortunately, I was able to use the borrowed phone to call my sales rep (Allan at Doggett Ford, Houston TX) who happened to be working that day, to have him get my factory code from their service department, since, after all, I'd just bought my Bronco from them the day before and they knew me at this point.
Unfortunately their service department was closed by this time on a Saturday afternoon.

Fortunately Allan suggested that I download the FordPass App onto the borrowed phone, log in using my username and password, and then use FordPass to unlock my Bronco.
Unfortunately while the convenience store clerk was ok allowing me to use her
phone to talk, she did not have a good data plan and would not allow me to download the app

Fortunately Allan answered when I called back, and logged into the FordPass App on HIS phone with my username and password and unlocked my Bronco remotely.

See? There ARE happy endings to Bronco stories....

Huge shout out to A) the convenience store clerk Tanisha for allowing me to borrow her phone B) Allan for ultimately saving the day, and C) my wife Sam for not judging me (to my face at least)

Ford Bronco Thought i was going to have to break a window 1647713853284-
Add to that a dog inside and a warm day it would have been break glass in case of emergency mode!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Donkeygyrl

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Jeez….I told myself that the Bronco may be the last “new” vehicle I ever (if it ever shows up) purchase, in favor of some far fetched restomod Scout or something I could never afford. If these kinds of silly electrical gremlins persist I’ll have to remember we’re D.B. Cooper buried his stash so I can make that dream come true. 😎
Check out scouting on instagram.

umpire19

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Today we ran an errand and when I returned to base I pulled into the garage,got out left phone and key fob on pass seat then went back to open tailgate it was locked. Went to drivers door and it was locked,pass side locked . My dog was inside luckily I had my spare fob upstairs in the safe I retrieved it and opened all doors with it.
All turned out okay but its warm today and if it had happened outside I would be smashing glass. Has anyone had this happen? I did a search and read every page of the manual on locks ,I also went into settings and looked around but saw nothing .
Any help would be appreciated mine is a base 2dr.
Use fordpass app, unlock it with that, never have to worry about locking keys inside again.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Use fordpass app, unlock it with that, never have to worry about locking keys inside again.
Read the OPs post where he says the phone was locked inside the vehicle, never have to worry about making a pointless comment again.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Pass can be setup on multiple phones and even tablets. Know your username and password, or be able to access it. I've put it on my phone, tablet, and best friend's phone.
That's great idea, thanks!

We have the App on both of our phones but the tablet would be a great back-up as well.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Add to that a dog inside and a warm day it would have been break glass in case of emergency mode!
Absolutely. Already had the window picked out in the event it got that far!

Sponsored

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That story was quite the rollercoaster, and entertainingly written. Thanks for sharing that.
Thanks! Wasn't my finest moment, that's for sure. There was nothing worse than the realization as soon as the door shut that I was in trouble....

OP
OP
Donkeygyrl

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks! Wasn't my finest moment, that's for sure. There was nothing worse than the realization as soon as the door shut that I was in trouble....
It only takes a second to make a mistake,I pulled over at a remote place on the hwy1 coast in n ca to take some pics one time. A car pulled up near us and a family of 6 get out and click locked car with engine running ,it turned into a hell story too bouncing boulders off windows trying to get in ! Be careful out there and many thanks for the suggestions👍

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because your dog hit the lock?
Hmmmm….that’s possible. You could NOT lock the key fob in the car on my Explorer without using the external key pad to lock it.

Lock your car from the inside (as you are getting out)and toss the key fob on the seat as your closing the door. When the door closes, the horn should honk twice and all the doors will unlock. Try it (without your dog inside).

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Today we ran an errand and when I returned to base I pulled into the garage,got out left phone and key fob on pass seat then went back to open tailgate it was locked. Went to drivers door and it was locked,pass side locked . My dog was inside luckily I had my spare fob upstairs in the safe I retrieved it and opened all doors with it.
All turned out okay but its warm today and if it had happened outside I would be smashing glass. Has anyone had this happen? I did a search and read every page of the manual on locks ,I also went into settings and looked around but saw nothing .
Any help would be appreciated mine is a base 2dr.
Two words... Key Pad

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had something similar happen with no kids or dogs involved. Got home with the carpool crew in the Bronco, when I got out to get my lunch cooler (that my keys were hanging on) out of the back seat, the rear door was locked, despite having just opened the front door which typically unlocks all the doors. No big deal reach for the front door to unlock it and it's locked and doesn't activate the one touch unlock. Meanwhile carpoolers, being oblivious, shut the doors on the other side. Everything still locked....

Thankfully it was at home and my spare fob was on the kitchen hutch shelf where I left it.

Still no idea why it was locked.
Sponsored