Sponsored

Thought my build date got bumped, but I have a second truck coming.

Smindustries

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various cars, tractors, and boats
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Last week I and many others were excited to receive VINs and build week assignments of 9/27. Earlier this week I received an email and glanced at it, noting a new date of 10/4. No big deal, I got bumped a week.

Upon closer inspection, it's a different dealer and different VIN. Long story short, I placed more than one Bronco order after a relationship with a dealer soured a bit. Now I have two identical trucks coming, being built a week apart.

A friend of mine has an order with a hard top that's been rescheduled and ultimately unscheduled. I offered him one of these two and he's considering it. If he decides to keep his order, I'll be stuck with two units.

One of the dealers is suggesting I let him flip his unit for me and resell it as a 0-mile used unit with a hefty markup we'd split, but I have concerns about recovering the sales tax and fees associated with the initial sale.

What would you folks do?

Configuration:

Ford Bronco Thought my build date got bumped, but I have a second truck coming. BroncoConfi

Truck one:

Ford Bronco Thought my build date got bumped, but I have a second truck coming. BroncoOrder1

Truck two:

Ford Bronco Thought my build date got bumped, but I have a second truck coming. BroncoOrder2
Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don’t have a deposit it on the one you don’t want just buy the one you want and let the dealer have the other. They want you to buy it so it doesn’t penalize for selling to someone that didn’t order it. So let it go and don’t worry about it.

OP
OP

Smindustries

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various cars, tractors, and boats
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you don’t have a deposit it on the one you don’t want just buy the one you want and let the dealer have the other. They want you to buy it so it doesn’t penalize for selling to someone that didn’t order it. So let it go and don’t worry about it.
I suppose "stuck" is the wrong word. I'm not concerned about the dealer being penalized. I'm more concerned with which way to dispose of the excess unit for a few bucks and as little brain damage as possible.

Having two units is a gift, not a curse. If they weren't identical I'd keep them both.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suppose "stuck" is the wrong word. I'm not concerned about the dealer being penalized. I'm more concerned with which way to dispose of the excess unit for a few bucks and as little brain damage as possible.

Having two units is a gift, not a curse. If they weren't identical I'd keep them both.
I’ve seen an outer banks go for over 100K