First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holy cow in what kind of car?? I've never heard of that many miles on brake pads. That's twice the high average number!
Same curiosity here. Would want to know the vehicles, too. Manual transmission? And the OP mentions pads, but what about rotors?

Nonetheless, that is a fine display of mechanical sympathy. Treat those vehicles right!
Sponsored

OP
OP
HBTFD

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same curiosity here. Would want to know the vehicles, too. Manual transmission? And the OP mentions pads, but what about rotors?

Nonetheless, that is a fine display of mechanical sympathy. Treat those vehicles right!
An F250 and F350. I had a 2010 GMC 1500 I traded at 102000 without touching the brakes. I got 99k miles on the original set of Goodyear RTS tires as well.

Gwhisler

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just to add to the fun, put the bronco in sports mode. I thought sports mode just involved shifting and with the manual wouldn’t be much different. But sports mode completely changes the throttle response and gives the 2.3 really strong acceleration. Try it!

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

F250 and my current f350. I had 102k on a 2010 gmc 1500 I never changed the pads on as well.
Not changing pads... and not NEEDING pads... not the same thing.

200 (1).gif

Somewhere there's a new GMC owner pricing 4 new rotors on Rockauto. 😉

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think I have gotten 120k before, but that was on a stick shift Mustang. And of course, if I am driving a stick I am doing a lot of engine braking.

On an automatic, I figure 40k is about the max, at least on the front brakes.

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4) The top is easy to fully retract, more effort to latch back on. The passenger side latch hook will not get low enough to latch unless I use a screwdriver to pry.
There are ways to adjust the latch up top. Wife’s wouldn’t latch and I adjusted the part below. Not sure who at Ford even tightened it there. As far as the hooks up front, mine got easier pretty quickly.
Ford Bronco Thoughts after one week of owning a Bronco 3A04A1ED-38CC-4B45-8294-95B5C74DFDC8

OP
OP
HBTFD

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are ways to adjust the latch up top. Wife’s wouldn’t latch and I adjusted the part below. Not sure who at Ford even tightened it there. As far as the hooks up front, mine got easier pretty quickly.
Ford Bronco Thoughts after one week of owning a Bronco 3A04A1ED-38CC-4B45-8294-95B5C74DFDC8
I figured out if I push down on the top the lever catches the hook.
Sponsored