Sponsored

Thoughts from current owners about the current ordering situation?

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I guess I was one of the really lucky ones. About 128 days wait from order to delivery. Only constraint I didn't have was the hard top, by choice, as I wanted the ease of throwing the top back whenever I wanted. Would I still be waiting? Hell yes. And I wouldn't take off any constraints or accept any offers to concede. This vehicle was 100% a want and if I accepted anything less I feel I'd be regretting what I could've gotten.
Sponsored

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
As someone who decided to go find a vehicle rather than wait I find myself somewhat please with my decision as it's clear that my order would not have been built anytime soon. I originally ordered a OB SAS, Lux, MIC, 2.7 last January but switched to WT MIC, Lux, Mod Bumper in Aug.

I knew my patience would be tested given my build, but time showed me that this was more of a :poop: -show than most people thought...due to Ford and the Dealer. It started to hit me in Nov when my neighbor had a guest that had just taken delivery of a WT that was basically the twin of my original order, the only difference being the full bash plates. The thing was, he ordered his 3-4 months after I did from the SAME DEALER. So how in the world did this guy have his already and I don't have any clue as to a build date yet? I had been asking my dealer about Priority Code as mine was 19 (I called Ford twice a month to check status) and they claimed that all current orders were 19.

Additionally, I see Ford launching variations of models that have SAS/MIC and delivering them (Everglades, Heritage, etc) yet there are 10s of thousands of us waiting for our orders. Thank You Ford for prioritizing your product plan over your customers. I also see dealers with variations of models (OB, BL, WT) all with 2.7, MIC, Lux, SAS sitting in inventory with nice ADMs applied to them. How did they get these? You can't convince me that THAT MANY PEOPLE backed out of their orders and dealers were able to get them built anyway. Either Ford was allowing dealers to stock their inventory with these models OR dealers were placing orders with bogus/ghost customers.

So I'm now firmly of the position that while Ford talks tough about managing dealer allocations due to ADMs and other bad behaviors they are truly there to take care of the Dealer Network first, Customers are clearly not the priority.

What's going to happen here is 1000's of Order Holders will cancel as they really want the MIC, SAS or Lux. They will then turn to the dealer stock which will add to the demand (and ADMs) of models with those options. In the end, dealers will end up profiting even more from this issue.

And as PO'd as I am with the entire situation...I still ended up purchasing a Bronco. Went and made a deal happen on a BRaptor about a week before this nonsense came to light. I really wanted HOSS 3.0 for my style of off-roading (not as much into hardcore rock climbing) but after sitting in a Raptor and seeing the advantages of HOSS 4.0 I pulled the trigger. I can't be happier with my choice but have a massive sour taste in my mouth with Ford. Every time I get a survey from them that asks whether I trust Ford, 1-star is what I give.

Rant Over...but thanks for asking :ROFLMAO:

Sledge

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜13 modā€™d Flex, ā€˜14 bmw i3, ā€˜93 modā€™d Volvo 240
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just curious about your thoughts about the current Ford Bronco shitshow. I was talking with a buddy who has been waiting for Ford to get their shit together so he could order a Bronco. He asked me if I would have been as patient as some of the current order customers are. It got me thinking that even though I like the Bronco I honestly donā€™t think I would have waited as long as some folks are and also I would not have waited if I couldnā€™t have gotten exactly what I wanted. Just curious to see what the thinking is out there.
Iā€™m wildtrak, lux, soft, delivered in April 22 after being an early reservation holder. I originally ordered the same but with a hardtop. Watching the supply constraints and being perfectly happy to work on the vehicle with after-market options, I went from hardtop to soft top (which surprisingly I do not regret one bit!) , dropped the trailer hitch, winch bumper, ppf, bimini top, running boards, etc etc. after taking delivery I went After-market and installed all that stuff myself, for less money, and much better quality/options imho. HOWEVER after-market SAS and after-market LUX arenā€™t reasonable as an after-market do-it-yourself upgrade, so if I was in the current situation without a VIN, Iā€™d take a pass and drive some sort of fun beater while waiting for things to change. Or maybe suck it up and pay a small ADM for something off a dealer lot that had SAS and LUX. Everything else you can do yourself Afterwards. (Including getting a hard-top, especially as after-market options get better and better). Themā€™s my 2 anyway.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just curious about your thoughts about the current Ford Bronco shitshow. I was talking with a buddy who has been waiting for Ford to get their shit together so he could order a Bronco. He asked me if I would have been as patient as some of the current order customers are. It got me thinking that even though I like the Bronco I honestly donā€™t think I would have waited as long as some folks are and also I would not have waited if I couldnā€™t have gotten exactly what I wanted. Just curious to see what the thinking is out there.
Waiting was not a huge deal for me, in fact I would still be waiting if I had to. Ford has lied several times through the process, bad but I can accept that, I can even get over dropping the price protection as it is a business, and they have to deal with in-place contracts with other parties (plus I'm a Ford stock owner). The part I cannot accept is them dropping all reservations and leaving many high and dry like nothing has happened. At least make the orders they have reserved when they can and they cost what they cost. What @Ford has done is give two big 'ole middle fingers to their most loyal fanbase.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was in from the start with a minute 5 reservation when the unveiling went live in 2020. I placed my order 2/2/21. I went through all the "7 deadly sins" Sasquatch, Lux, MIC, Tow..ect and I stuck to my original order. I received a VIN in May of 21 and I was very surprised and happy. Then the MIC top fiasco held my Bronco at the factory until October. I finally took delivery in November of 21 and I count myself as lucky.

If I had to do it all over again. Or had advice for people with current orders. Stick with your dream order. For me the Bronco was my first brand new vehicle and a dream vehicle, it had to be exactly what I wanted.

I can't imagine waiting 4 years though...

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not good. Very thankful I have what I ordered. Feeling bad for those caught up in this fiasco.

I waited 609 days, day 2 rez.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I donā€™t know how long I would have kept waiting. I needed to sell my Xterra which was falling apart, so Iā€™m glad my Bronco arrived relatively quickly.

What I wouldnā€™t have done is significantly changed my order. If I was one of the current reservation holders, Iā€™d roll the dice and leave my order in.

Having said that, I also think a Badlands (with the optional or aftermarket wheels) is a great rig. No need for Sasquatch.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Every time I park it and walk away I do a double take and look back at it.
Especially at the black steelies with General Grabbers! :love:

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base squatch 2.7 with modular bumper, rapid red. Originally ordered a hard top, but switched to soft top when Ford recommended it - got a build date soon after. If there had been another vehicle that got me excited, I likely would have reconsidered, but there isnā€™t anything even remotely interesting to me. I absolutely wasnā€™t flexible about the sasquatch package, though. I would have regretted it every day. Absolutely love my Bronco and was worth the wait (I can say that now, but was so frustrated during the wait!)

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No idea why many wouldnā€™t switch to a Badlands. It has every 4x4 off-road function there is. More than the WT. The Wild track just comes standard with what are Badlands options. Thatā€™s the only reason Ford has basically dropped the WT. Factory hard top doesnā€™t appear to be all that impressive. But then again itā€™s is modular and removable. So is the space station.
As far as those waiting 900 days. Then getting pissed and dropping out. Just go search dealers and find something you like and work a deal. You can get a fair enough price. Never thought I would get one anytime soon, but made it happen. Badlands Soft top is bad ass and I love it. My story is posted on here somewhere.
LOL. I hope you're talking about a Badlands WITH the Sasquatch because without it, the WT runs circles around a non-sas Badlands when it comes to offroad. Hoss 3.0, beefier steering rack. Shoot, I'd argue any sas-equipped Bronco would. Even with the sta-bar disconnect. It ain't just a lift and bigger tires. Its suspension, gearing, and wheels/tires.

If Ford gave me an ultimatum to drop the Sasquatch pkg and DOWNGRADE to a non-sas Badlands, I'd be driving something else right now.

Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All I can say is is 95% of what you want is still better than 0%. By the way didn't the reservation say something about no guarantees.

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Relief. Relief that I finally have my bronco after being a 3rd day reservation holder and waiting almost 870 days to get it.

Lucky. Lucky I got built with many of the constraints........2D (MIC), SAS, LUX. I am guessing mine might be a bit rare for this early vintage for a while.....not that I care as I aim to keep this vehicle for a long time.

Sorry. Feeling sorry for early reservation holders that are getting totally fucked in all this.

Understanding. Not so popular opinion, I am sure, but at some point this all had to happen and Ford is just now drawing a hard line. They must build and sell as many vehicles as they can as that is what their share-holders and quarterly earnings report are demanding. They fucked us all with their voodoo allocation process which screws customers but continuing on with that model also constrains them even more in being able to just build and move as many vehicles as possible. I know that isn't liked by most, but I just don't know what would have been a better time. Any idiot that never converted a reservation should absolutely be purged but I also think any idiot that is asking stupid questions about "should I go talk to my dealer?".......well, I have no sympathy for anyone that hasn't been proactively talking to their dealer through this whole shit show.

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2020 res. I order a 2 door basequatch, v6 and aux switches. Pretty simple as I thought adding more would prolong the waiting period. I was fortunate enough to get me 2023 model finally on Jan. 5th. Was lucky enough to be one of the ones that got the limited runs of 7 speaker system. I love this thing. Itā€™s definitely worth the wait. However the only people saying that are the ones that already have their Broncos and itā€™s hard to convince those that are still waiting and understandably so. It is just a vehicle at the end of the day. Iā€™m not gonna lie, I was looking at new f-150 before my order was scheduled for production. Iā€™ve always been a pickup guy and had an f150 before I got my Bronco so I just thought I might as well get another nice big truck since I have to wait so long for a tiny Bronco. For those of you who decided to go way up in trim levels, if I was in your position I would be pissed if I saw the recent email from ford saying to downgrade or be pushed to 24MY with no price protection. That would probably have pushed me over the edge and would definitely be buying a new lariat f150, those are nice.

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I reserved on day 6 and then waited 17 months. My patience were growing thin there at the end. I've been driving it almost 13 months now and 12k miles. It's dirty most of the time. Pinstripes haven't been buffed out (yet). Top open or down a lot. It makes me smile all the time. Knowing what I know now...if I had to do it all over again...HELL YES I WOULD!!

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would put your order in, and go live your life. I wouldn't be clicking refresh daily. But have an order in for what you want, it'll come. Just leave the order there, it will get here when it gets here, and it will cost what it costs(msrp)
It would still be worth it had Ford never offered price protection, i still would have done it(but it did help me a lot, not going to lie)
I would do it all over again for sure.
Sponsored

Last edited: