Sponsored

Thoughts from current owners about the current ordering situation?

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve been thinking about this since the news dropped and posted some of my thoughts. My off the lot Bronco is two weeks old when I get the email from ford that I need to change my order.

I traded all of the off road bits in a standard four door Black Diamond for a Big Bend Squatch in Cactus instead of A51, and it’s a hard top.

I would have offered that SAS could fix anything, but that is part of the trifecta of no-gos. I’d really be sick if I walked away from what I bought. One of the others on the lot was a BD Squatch Softie. It would’ve killed me to know I was stuck waiting for a softie when I could’ve had one with Squatch thrown in as a consolation prize.

I do have to say that owning a Bronco is half the battle. I’d be making concessions to Badlands/ soft/high, or Outerbanks /high /locker if you like cloth better. EVERY picture of the Desert Sand Big Bend interior I’d seen looks like crap. It’s really a great interior that is a taupe color that confuses cameras. If you prefer more muted accents to the blues and oranges (grab handles) it is an unsung option. Get as close as you can as far as interior with a locker and go for it. The aftermarket hard top just got $2500 cheaper, unless rolling on 35’s means that much.

I’m really happy and relieved to have mine, as it is the most fun I’ve ever had driving. This does not stop me from feeling like shit for everyone else.
My thoughts as an owner? All over the goddamn map.
Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LOL. I hope you're talking about a Badlands WITH the Sasquatch because without it, the WT runs circles around a non-sas Badlands when it comes to offroad. Hoss 3.0, beefier steering rack. Shoot, I'd argue any sas-equipped Bronco would. Even with the sta-bar disconnect. It ain't just a lift and bigger tires. Its suspension, gearing, and wheels/tires.
From what I saw and learned at Off-Rodeo, you must be one of the very small percentage of people that would need those parts. The experts running the rigs for Ford said even a base Bronco could handle all of the terrain we were on, which was certainly very off-road. You'd have to be doing some serious, serious stuff to need more than a Badlands.

The 99% of us who won't be able to push a non-Squached Badlands past it's limits should be very happy with one.

Heck, why does Ford market the Badlands as "extreme off-roading"?

Last edited:

sbonomo

Wildtrak
First Name
stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3/F-150 XL eco beast
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I, like many others have noted, ordered partially from nostalgia (my first truck was a 66 bronco that i wish i still had) and a flat out want of an off the lot capable rig (i actually wheel the crap out of this thing). I have other vehicles to drive so i would have waited forever to get my exact spec (i have the WT with modular bumpers, hardtop, high package, etc). I often say better lucky than good sometimes which is exactly what ford is. They are lucky that there are very dedicated buyers willing to wait forever for their dream bronco. They have completely shit the bed in every aspect of this endeavor. I was lucky having my lottery ticket punched in the second to last production group (i only waited 18-months). My wife wanted me to try and flip here in CA where they are still getting a pretty hefty premium however the money is not worth the grin i have ear to ear every time i her up and hit the road. My condolences for those still waiting.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Still waiting for my 7/20/20 reservation which is now just 25 miles from my dealer. I got impatient 13 months ago and put a 2nd order in from the same dealer minus the Sasquatch and MIC and that one arrived just 123 days later in April of last year. I’ve got 17,000 miles on that one and my oldest daughter will buy it when my 2023 arrives in a week or so. I’ve never been loyal to Ford or any other car company and Ford did not improve my opinion of them the last 30 months.

I could easily see myself trading in my Bronco on a 2026 Scout or a Tesla Cyber Truck in a couple of years. The 1,000 hp quad electric motors with 4 wheel steering would be entertaining.

Eruption Green/OBX/Sasquatch/MIC/2.7L/LUX/HD Modular/Hoop Steps

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Bronco is a stripped down 2-Door Base. Base/Base, nothing added but the Aux switches.

Took 19 months from a good size Phoenix Metro dealership which I finally got in October.

Two things I was completely unwilling to compromise on:
  • Stick Shift
  • 2-Doors
If I were still waiting, I would be looking really hard at that $2500 to cancel my order and get an Eruption Green Mustang instead.

I don't need or even want Sasquatch on my car. It's my daily driver, and regular 4 wheel drive is fine for our forest service roads.

Ford has screwed up this entire roll out from day 1. They should have stuck to the promise of building in order, subject to constraints.

If I had an open order with Lux on it, I'd drop it in a heartbeat. I don't know why folks want to pay more for more nanny electronics. My Base has too much tech already.

If I had an open order with Sasquatch, I'd look hard at going to either a Black Diamond or Badlands. Both are very capable in stock configurations. It would suck to be stuck with MGV or Leather, but I could always buy some cloth seatcovers. Note: I'm in Phoenix. Leather is just AWFUL when it's 118 degrees out, and Vinyl is worse.

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t see the big deal. No sense stressing over shit beyond your control.

There’s three easy options. You simply pick which one works best for you and go back to living your life:
  1. Order and wait however long it takes - knowing it will be at least a year (probably longer)
  2. Buy an already built unit and pay the ADM/Higher price - but you get it today - no wait
  3. Don’t buy a Bronco. Buy a Jeep or something else.

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am fortunate not to need it as a daily driver. In this case I knew what I wanted. So I ordered it. Actually, gave me a peace of mind hopefully having bugs and kinks worked out.

The rollout was a shitshow. Trying to decipher what to order was another. Why they didn't reduce the number of options is beyond me. It has got to be a logistical nightmare with all the combos and options.

I actually wanted a old box like several I used to have. But for the price of what I wanted I could get a new one that I could go down the road in doing 80 with AC in comfort and be capable of what I want offroad. If I ordered today it would be a wildtrack over the badlands but at the time the badlands had the disco for essentially the same price.

As long as the price protection remained I would have been good waiting longer.

Salt

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'd wait it out. I've had a lot of cars, nice cars, fast cars, luxury cars with ridiculous features. For all of it's faults (and terrible build quality) I've never loved a vehicle as much. If I wreck it tomorrow I'm gonna get right back in line for another.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would still be waiting if I had to, it's that good and the only car that's come along in my adult life that I just had to have no matter what.

The things they're asking to concede I didn't care for anyway, which I'm sure factored into me getting an early one.
This. Get what you want.

I wouldn't bend on a MIC. Personally, I could give a shit less about LUX and SAS, and if you really need SAS go BL.

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really feel for everyone. In my signature is my wait. I've had mine now for a month and it's the best thing I've driven, felt excited about and proud of. I worked really hard to get it. I'm 54 and this was my first new vehicle. Because of the wait I accumulated a very large down payment, so payments are really manageable. I really like that in the month I've owned, I haven't seen 1 2dr and only 2 four doors and I think they are local because I keep seeing them. I'm in Gaithersburg MD. My dealership experience was exceptional and it was all long distance. When I ordered I lived in California(LA) and since then moved..so from MOP to San Diego then back over to MD. Getting a model non SAS then building out yourself won't be cheaper, it's been proven in many posts. If I was in your positions.....I'd probably walk, I told myself, if I was pushed to 2023 I would walk even not knowing this new issue. I consider myself very lucky and find it very hard now to share how happy and excited I am because I know there are people out there like myself July 2020 reservation that haven't gotten they're Bronco. I'm sorry and that's from my heart, not saying it for @Ford

Last edited:

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just curious about your thoughts about the current Ford Bronco shitshow. I was talking with a buddy who has been waiting for Ford to get their shit together so he could order a Bronco. He asked me if I would have been as patient as some of the current order customers are. It got me thinking that even though I like the Bronco I honestly don’t think I would have waited as long as some folks are and also I would not have waited if I couldn’t have gotten exactly what I wanted. Just curious to see what the thinking is out there.
Current owners' "Suckers!!!!"

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

i get people all the time coming up and saying “oh wow is that the bronco raptor?! No way, how the hell did you get it?!”

easy. I waited

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was late to the party and reserved in May '21. I was told to expect my base 2 door manual with aux switches in the spring or summer of '22.

And was OK with that timeline too.

I really was attracted to that 2 door base manual PERIOD! Including the Steelies!

Then I went to KOH and other events and decided to add Sasquatch. I decided I wanted the lockers and the factory warranty on everything with it all calibrated at assembly. So I added Sasquatch and the modular bumper; two deadly sins.

Expected additional wait time of maybe 6-8 months, but probably a year.

Scheduled for 1/26/23 and I'm so glad I added and got lucky!

I think I'll have a bit of a Unicorn, especially where I live (my dealers orders) are 1st Wildtrak, 2nd. Badlands, 3rd and so on. OBX, Raptors and etc... and lastly the base trim. Base Sasquatch Manual not available when I ordered, but that's what I'm getting and I can't wait!

If I hadn't gotten scheduled and had to drop Sasquatch, I would go with a manual 2 door Black Diamond. PP of $2,845 plus the $2500 incentive would have made that a bargain compared to the next price increase.

Last edited:

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just curious about your thoughts about the current Ford Bronco shitshow. I was talking with a buddy who has been waiting for Ford to get their shit together so he could order a Bronco. He asked me if I would have been as patient as some of the current order customers are. It got me thinking that even though I like the Bronco I honestly don’t think I would have waited as long as some folks are and also I would not have waited if I couldn’t have gotten exactly what I wanted. Just curious to see what the thinking is out there.
I reserved Dec 2020, ordered March 2021. In October 2021, I figured out the constrained items (at the time) and had my dealer remove then. Less than 2 weeks later I got the “Your Bronco is in Production” email. It actually ended up being pushed back a week and then it finally shipped and I picked it up in April.
If I were still waiting, I guess it would depend on the state of my current vehicle, my finances and how pissed I would be at Ford. They being said I LOVE my Bronco and I don’t think I’ll ever get rid of it. Every car I’ve owned is usually traded in at 3 years…don’t know of that helps but it worked out for me and I’m convinced removing the constrained items is what did the trick.
Sponsored