Sponsored

Thoughts from current owners about the current ordering situation?

GirthyOne

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2025 Bronco, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved, ordered and received a plain 2021 Bronco 2dr as I didn't know how or what I'd like/dislike about a 2dr Bronco, so I went cheap.
I planned to figure those questions out and re-order the Bronco that best fits me at a later date.
When Granger offered the 2k below invoice deal I jumped and reserved one.
I 99'd that order through all of 2022.

Now I know what I want ... 4dr, BD, Squatch and MIC, but the deal that I could get using that 2k below invoice and all the incentives and price protections, will be very VERY difficult to walk away from.

Really, it all boils down to that 2k below invoice offer, otherwise, pretty certain I'd just walk away until shit settles down ....someday.
Sponsored

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually lucked out by waiting to put my order in. I watched the launch video of the Bronco and I was hooked, but I wasn’t going to order a vehicle I haven’t driven. So I waited until the mannequins were on the lot.

By the time I drove the mannequin for the first time, the community was learning hard lessons about constraints and ADM from shady dealers. So when I went to order, I found a dealership with great allocation and a signed purchase agreement for MSRP. When the MIC was getting recalled, I immediately switched to a soft top.

I ordered in October of 21 and got my Bronco in May of 22. Badlands, SAS, Lux, Tow, Soft top.

My advice to anyone who wants a bronco is to remind them that the dealership is Ford’s customer, not us. Any incentive Ford dangles in front of us is to help their dealer move Broncos. Make a safe bet and look for something you can buy off the lot, because there is no guarantee any sacrifice you make will still get you a Bronco this year.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would personally recommend getting a “mostly there” build and then waiting for your unicorn, however long. The resale value on these is bound to be high, especially given the latest fiasco.

I don’t understand why people who have waited 900+ days won’t just compromise for the short term while continuing to wait for a their long-term buy. It seems to me that they aren’t valuing their current time or enjoyment at all (unless they truly wouldn’t enjoy a lesser build? IDK)

It’s what I did, and I’ll be re-ordering in March (or whenever) to wait for the long haul.
I agree. All Bronco’s are very capable and a Badlands, Soft, 2.7, High Package would have great resell. Drive it for a year or two and then reorder when things have cooled off. You get PP of the original vehicle + $2500 + the MSRP of the Badlands which is probably a smoking deal. You should have plenty of equity for trade in and down payment when you purchased down the road.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If I couldn't get a 2 door, and manual transmission those would have been my breaking points.

As there are after market MIC options I would have gone with a soft top.
And we saw a lot of those scheduled this week 👍🏻

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As someone who decided to go find a vehicle rather than wait I find myself somewhat please with my decision as it's clear that my order would not have been built anytime soon. I originally ordered a OB SAS, Lux, MIC, 2.7 last January but switched to WT MIC, Lux, Mod Bumper in Aug.

I knew my patience would be tested given my build, but time showed me that this was more of a :poop: -show than most people thought...due to Ford and the Dealer. It started to hit me in Nov when my neighbor had a guest that had just taken delivery of a WT that was basically the twin of my original order, the only difference being the full bash plates. The thing was, he ordered his 3-4 months after I did from the SAME DEALER. So how in the world did this guy have his already and I don't have any clue as to a build date yet? I had been asking my dealer about Priority Code as mine was 19 (I called Ford twice a month to check status) and they claimed that all current orders were 19.

Additionally, I see Ford launching variations of models that have SAS/MIC and delivering them (Everglades, Heritage, etc) yet there are 10s of thousands of us waiting for our orders. Thank You Ford for prioritizing your product plan over your customers. I also see dealers with variations of models (OB, BL, WT) all with 2.7, MIC, Lux, SAS sitting in inventory with nice ADMs applied to them. How did they get these? You can't convince me that THAT MANY PEOPLE backed out of their orders and dealers were able to get them built anyway. Either Ford was allowing dealers to stock their inventory with these models OR dealers were placing orders with bogus/ghost customers.

So I'm now firmly of the position that while Ford talks tough about managing dealer allocations due to ADMs and other bad behaviors they are truly there to take care of the Dealer Network first, Customers are clearly not the priority.

What's going to happen here is 1000's of Order Holders will cancel as they really want the MIC, SAS or Lux. They will then turn to the dealer stock which will add to the demand (and ADMs) of models with those options. In the end, dealers will end up profiting even more from this issue.

And as PO'd as I am with the entire situation...I still ended up purchasing a Bronco. Went and made a deal happen on a BRaptor about a week before this nonsense came to light. I really wanted HOSS 3.0 for my style of off-roading (not as much into hardcore rock climbing) but after sitting in a Raptor and seeing the advantages of HOSS 4.0 I pulled the trigger. I can't be happier with my choice but have a massive sour taste in my mouth with Ford. Every time I get a survey from them that asks whether I trust Ford, 1-star is what I give.

Rant Over...but thanks for asking :ROFLMAO:
No way all orders were a 19. Dealers set priorities and a 19 is not going to get you pulled very quickly if they are entering orders with 10-15’s. Sounds like the dealer did your friend a favor. Dealer priority takes precedence.

Sponsored

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford’s mismanagement of their supply chain is embarrassingly terrible, and their poor QA on both vehicles and software is incompetent, but what makes the company truly unforgivable is how they’ve fostered a series of truly demoralizing and morally bankrupt dealer franchises that continue to take advantage of and rob their customers with broad collusion through market manipulation; not only could Ford do something about it, but they’ve very publicly sided with their slime ball dealers and continue to screw loyal customers, who just keep taking it. After giving Ford decades of business, this will be the last vehicle I ever buy from them. In spite of what this forum would tell you, there are far better vehicles out there and more well managed manufacturers.

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No way all orders were a 19. Dealers set priorities and a 19 is not going to get you pulled very quickly if they are entering orders with 10-15’s. Sounds like the dealer did your friend a favor. Dealer priority takes precedence.
That was my point…dealer told me that all of their current orders were a 19 when that clearly wasn’t the case.

Underlying point is that Dealers and FoMoCo and collectively creating an incredibly poor customer experience. Constraints are constraints…I get that. But when customers that have been waiting for YEARS are deprioritized so that dealers can make more profit with shady behaviors and/or Ford making decisions such as this one it’s not the constraints causing the issue its the system that they have established.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would have waited. (see Bronco details in sig)
I feel bad for the folks still waiting, I even have a little "survivor's guilt".🙁

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I actually lucked out by waiting to put my order in. I watched the launch video of the Bronco and I was hooked, but I wasn’t going to order a vehicle I haven’t driven. So I waited until the mannequins were on the lot.

By the time I drove the mannequin for the first time, the community was learning hard lessons about constraints and ADM from shady dealers. So when I went to order, I found a dealership with great allocation and a signed purchase agreement for MSRP. When the MIC was getting recalled, I immediately switched to a soft top.

I ordered in October of 21 and got my Bronco in May of 22. Badlands, SAS, Lux, Tow, Soft top.

My advice to anyone who wants a bronco is to remind them that the dealership is Ford’s customer, not us. Any incentive Ford dangles in front of us is to help their dealer move Broncos. Make a safe bet and look for something you can buy off the lot, because there is no guarantee any sacrifice you make will still get you a Bronco this year.
That would have been easier before this announcement, and with orders converted, right now I don't see a lot available depending on your region. I was at my dealer yesterday and out of 7 Broncos on the lot, including two each Raptors, Wildtrak, Badlands & one OBX with hard top, only one of the Raptors was for sale ($50k ADM!), the other 6 were customer orders.

Salesman said in our demographics his res/orders are loaded first with Wildtraks and Badlands and then Raptors and OBXs, and they all want what they want; my base with only 2 sins jumped a bunch of them. Some of his loaded WTs will need to go down to a BL and drop LUX & Hardtop.

And, that's not counting those that ordered a Heritage, we didn't even get there, but I'm betting he has a few of those too.

I did get to see a non-Sasquatch 2 door Badlands next to a Sasquatch one and and the tire/wheel and stance didn't look that much different and both get the lockers.

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know. I fell in love at first sight, and nothing else would do. Would I settle for a jeep? 4 runner? Ridgeline? Well, definitely not that.... Lol. I waited a year for mine to be built, only to have it vanish. And then another year for #2 to show up. I can't imagine this situation now. Sometimes you have to accept... But it's so hard to pull the plug.

On further reflection, I guess I'd suck it up and find one on a dealers lot and pay whatever. And settle. Maddening that these are on lots when orders can't be filled.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ryslegit

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was a 7/14 res holder and got my Bronco last July having not budged on my config with constraints. If I had to wait any further I would’ve canceled. Probably would have picked up a Raptor, Gladiator, or Rivian instead.

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I waited 23 months for mine...I am not a young man anymore...but had my Jeep to drive and ride off road with. Picked it up June 2022. Have over 7500 miles. still loving it.

Rick_DRZ

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 MB Sprinter, 2020 BMW x7 M50i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel fortunate to have received my Badlands with SAS, MIC, Lux, and Tow after only 18 months.

If I were to have had to convert to a 2023 order; I had already decided to drop the SAS and Tow. I was considering to drop down to the high package. After attending Off-Roadeo in NH last April, it was obvious that a Badlands without SAS would be more than enough off road chops for me. As much as I like my heated steering wheel this time of year, I would not consider it a necessity. The hard top is the only thing that I would consider mandatory for me.

I dislike the look of the wavy rear side windows and the function of the rear window as it flips up to gain access to the back. It would be a hard decision for me to give up the hard top in favor of an earlier delivery. If the after market hard tops were available now; it would be an easier decision.

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel for those still waiting. I had an early reservation. I "downgraded" my build from a sas to try to get it built faster. So... no hard top and no sas. The only thing I didn't/wouldn't give up (impossible to add later) was 2.7. I regretted it for a bit, but I'm in my 2nd winter and going on my 2nd summer with the truck. My toddler boys love it and we're making memories as a family. Thats what matters the most.

Southern62

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ordered Feb 22, received December 22. It was a want for me not a need so I was ready to wait as long as it took...

Note to say, I did not remove anything from mine. If I am spending that much money it will have everything I wanted for my pavement princess :)
Sponsored