Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking at picking up a pair of lights for the A Pillar mounts (same mirror mount area as the Ford Acc light). I wanted to buy them directly from Rigid or some other high quality manufacture since I already own a pair of these cubed style off-road lights for another vehicle and know they are made to last (bad experience with cheaper brands). Lot more to chose from directly from manufacturer too!

It's been awhile since I was in the market and thought these backlit versions with either blue (pictured), amber, red, or white would make them unique. It sounds like you can have a separate switch to turn backlit LEDs on vs the standard white driving style function. I don't think I would drive with the backlit on all the time but it would be a nice option to have. Just trying to decide on what color would look best with cyber orange exterior paint. Was leaning toward red but now thinking blue would be a nice contrast (red maybe to radical). Amber would closely match the parking lights, which could be a good or bad thing, depending on what one was after. For me, I would want them different. Anybody else been contemplating these? Or are these things considered just obnoxious! :ROFLMAO:. Seriously, I can see driving with the back lights on the road would be annoying to some, which is why I would have them switched on by a switch in overhead console.

Also thinking the round 360 Rigid model would look good up on the A pillar mount vs the cube style since the Bronco has round headlights.

Ford Bronco Thoughts of Rigid Off-Road Lights with Colored LED Backlights 1635614166213

https://www.rigidlightshop.com/p-34...eam-blue-backlight-pair-rigid-industries.aspx
Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking at picking up a pair of lights for the A Pillar mounts (same mirror mount area as the Ford Acc light). I wanted to buy them directly from Rigid or some other high quality manufacture since I already own a pair of these cubed style off-road lights for another vehicle and know they are made to last (bad experience with cheaper brands). Lot more to chose from directly from manufacturer too!

It's been awhile since I was in the market and thought these backlit versions with either blue (pictured), amber, red, or white would make them unique. It sounds like you can have a separate switch to turn backlit LEDs on vs the standard white driving style function. I don't think I would drive with the backlit on all the time but it would be a nice option to have. Just trying to decide on what color would look best with cyber orange exterior paint. Was leaning toward red but now thinking blue would be a nice contrast (red maybe to radical). Amber would closely match the parking lights, which could be a good or bad thing, depending on what one was after. For me, I would want them different. Anybody else been contemplating these? Or are these things considered just obnoxious! :ROFLMAO:. Seriously, I can see driving with the back lights on the road would be annoying to some, which is why I would have them switched on by a switch in overhead console.

Also thinking the round 360 Rigid model would look good up on the A pillar mount vs the cube style since the Bronco has round headlights.

Ford Bronco Thoughts of Rigid Off-Road Lights with Colored LED Backlights 1635614166213

https://www.rigidlightshop.com/p-34...eam-blue-backlight-pair-rigid-industries.aspx
I think red or blue may be illegal and reserved for emergency vehicles.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Check their website - they make a dual mount for those lights specifically for the Bronco so you can run two 4" pods per side, with the outside pod pointed outwards to use as a real ditch light. It's the setup I'm looking at as soon as my guy gets back from vacation.
It's not for everyone, but very functional. I can't get their website to load for some reason or i would link it.

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO the ambers would look the best, especially with CO 🤷🏻‍♂️
Good point with the matching. I need to look for some vids of the ambers being on with various vehicles. If the color is a bit different than parking lights, that might be a good match indeed!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think red or blue may be illegal and reserved for emergency vehicles.
So, when I first read your response I thought, oh what a Debbie downer... J/K. However, I appreciate your honesty as I just checked my state laws. It clearly states that blue and red lights being illuminated on the road are illegal. Is it enforced comes to question. I am sure if is sometimes and can be used as an excuse to pull you over in general, thus isn't worth it to me. So that helps narrow my choice down fairly easy! Thanks.

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So ended up going with this instead....

Ford Bronco Thoughts of Rigid Off-Road Lights with Colored LED Backlights 1635623933479

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So, when I first read your response I thought, oh what a Debbie downer... J/K. However, I appreciate your honesty as I just checked my state laws. It clearly states that blue and red lights being illuminated on the road are illegal. Is it enforced comes to question. I am sure if is sometimes and can be used as an excuse to pull you over in general, thus isn't worth it to me. So that helps narrow my choice down fairly easy! Thanks.
Just checked your location...yes, blue lights 100% enforced in NC, I don't think they're as zealous about red.

DwnSth

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have the red backlight on my Jeep a-pilars. The lights themselves are excellent the backlight is not very bright and only is on when parked. I'll put these on my Bronco whenever it finally gets here.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Thoughts of Rigid Off-Road Lights with Colored LED Backlights 1635623933479

I’m thinking about getting these for my black diamond do they come with the brackets and wiring or do you have to buy seperate

Sponsored

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would choose Baja Designs LP’4. Look better, and the light have a ton cool features. The rigid lights seem small to me on the Bronco A pillars.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like the blue lights are a no go in nj I might have to get the amber or white

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went with white backlight to match the signature DRL's on my Bronco.

Alpine Blue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 6.7l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I couldn't decide on a color either. I looked at them for so long i finally just switched to a Baja XL Pro 4" cube lights. I think I was going with the white backlight on the Rigid, but just couldn't pull the trigger.

Baja has adjustable light patterns with lenses and the mounts have two anchor points they also come with the harness for the upfitter switch setup so that helped. Last time I used the Ford upfitter swithes without a harness, it wasn't exactly plug and play. Great system, but the harness helps.
Sponsored