Sponsored

Thoughts on a Badlands with an automatic and 2.7?

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved the 4dr Badlands, and am planning to go with the non-squatch 2.7L AT and High package. Probably throw a hard top on too. I'll probably refine that though when the Build and Price is released.
My thoughts are that 33In A/Ts are plenty of tire for my expected use, which will mostly be daily driving during the week with weekends spent exploring trails and backroads. The 2.7L will have enough power for getting the 5000-ish pound vehicle up to freeway merging speeds and be able to haul a small overlanding trailer for the backcountry adventures.
Outstanding! Which trailer?

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2D Badsquatch with the 2.7L/A10 for me. The only thing I want out of the High and Lux packages are the big screen and stereo so I could easily go Mid package. Hopefully, could grab those two options as standalones but could live without them if the price was unreasonable.

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the benefits of the Badlands is that you get the 33's and same suspension as the Sasquatch and can keep the manual option. My plan is Badlands with manual, mid package, the optional wheels and hopefully a white top and flares (if I don't go with white as primary color) in one of the blues.
I don't disagree, but the 2.3 just sounds like a lawn mower in all the crawling videos I've seen and I'm planning on hauling trailers, jon boats, and stuff like that around the hills. I'm crossing my fingers that the Ford people really are listening and make a manual with the 2.7 an option in a non-squatch package, but I'm not holding my breath. I read somewhere that some of the Sasquatch features needed the 10-speed.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in the club. 2DR Badlands. 2.7L. High or Lux [will wait to get price and more specifics]. Probably will go without Sasquatch. But I am leaving my options open. The build calculator will hone in where I'm going to be.

Sponsored

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m leaning this way too. For some reason, I really like the look of the stock badlands wheels. Especially compared to the Sasquatch wheels, which aren’t my favorite. Probably looking 4 door, 2.7, hardtop, high package. Then a couple of accessories such as the tailgate floor thing...

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am in the club. 2DR Badlands. 2.7L. High or Lux [will wait to get price and more specifics]. Probably will go without Sasquatch. But I am leaving my options open. The build calculator will hone in where I'm going to be.
I am with you on the build calculator. I opted for a 4D Badlands for the space w/2.7 and want a manual but will most likely be the auto.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wife is wanting the 4dr Badlands, sasquatch, 2.7, lux package. Will be her DD, trail rig and towing our offroad camper. Think she’s tired of our other vehicles being lifted and on 35s while her suv sits much lower.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious what about the Lux attracts you. Of course we don't know the cost differences yet but I thought the Lux was lacking in any stand out components.

I think a lot of people like the stereo upgrade, doesn't mean much to me. I listen to country, one speaker is fine. :LOL:

Badlands, 2.7, high package, hardtop..........I'll worry about accessories once I see what price I can get for my first born.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotcha. I have both of those on my explorer and don't use either of them so I guess they aren't as attractive for me.
If you do any highway commuting, adaptive cruise control is awesome. Give it a try

Sponsored

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wireless charging is also a plus considering the Apple CarPlay is going to work wirelessly.
This is how they get me with packages. There is probably just enough there to pique my interest and it's priced "just well enough" so that I look at it and go, "Well I'm getting the B&O sound system no matter what. It's only 'x' more dollars for these other items, which I would also like to have..."

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depending on the day, I switch between the Base, Black Diamond and Badlands, which surprises me because I have saved up and waited a long time for this. I was willing to go all in on a badassmofo..... but now I keep thinking about cheaping out.
Really want to see how everything compares when the build and price goes online.

One option/reason for cheaping out .... daughter drives in two years ..... maybe let her have it???? ...order me a new one????
Sponsored