Sponsored

Thoughts on a Badlands with an automatic and 2.7?

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depending on the day, I switch between the Base, Black Diamond and Badlands, which surprises me because I have saved up and waited a long time for this. I was willing to go all in on a badassmofo..... but now I keep thinking about cheaping out.
Really want to see how everything compares when the build and price goes online.

One option/reason for cheaping out .... daughter drives in two years ..... maybe let her have it???? ...order me a new one????
I’m with you on cheating out... no real reason besides being smart w my $. But I keep coming back to the black diamond + Sasquatch... bang for buck.. less aftermarket madness to worry about...
still undecided on the v6... and
Mind keeps jumping back to possibly going w a big bend then adding Sasquatch, v6, mid package... love the idea of an easy to clean interior but don’t know if I really need it... I just like utility.. and the BD has it.
thoughts ?
Sponsored

ademonhunter

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is how they get me with packages. There is probably just enough there to pique my interest and it's priced "just well enough" so that I look at it and go, "Well I'm getting the B&O sound system no matter what. It's only 'x' more dollars for these other items, which I would also like to have..."
I just missed out on the wireless charging in my current vehicle and I won’t be passing it up again. ? I rented a car that had wireless charging and wireless Apple CarPlay and it was sweet!

Rev17

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Outstanding! Which trailer?
I really dont know at this point. Maybe a refurb military trailer. I used to have a Jumping Jack trailer that I really loved, sad that it's gone cuz I think it would work great with the Bronco.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m with you on cheating out... no real reason besides being smart w my $. But I keep coming back to the black diamond + Sasquatch... bang for buck.. less aftermarket madness to worry about...
still undecided on the v6... and
Mind keeps jumping back to possibly going w a big bend then adding Sasquatch, v6, mid package... love the idea of an easy to clean interior but don’t know if I really need it... I just like utility.. and the BD has it.
thoughts ?
I'm with you on all of those reasons, especially the BD bang for the Buck ....BUT, for me , if I gift it to the daughter, SHE could probably HAPPILY get away with a nicely equipped Base.
Every time I spend two hours vacuuming doghair out of the cloth seats of the Outback, I swear by leather or vinyl from here on out. Amazing how that shit just weaves in there.

If I were to make it a keeper, I'd spring for the 6 .......SHE wants to learn on a manual though!!! I want to make that "memory" she'll look back at for the rest of her life happen.
I also am working on my 69 frame off, it will have a manual also...so there's always that.

Always come back to the Golden question.....how much is a Squatch pkg gonna cost on a Base ...... on a Black Diamond .....???? ....on a BadLands???
Probably don't need a Squatch Badlands and I can't see me gifting a $45k vehicle anyways....I'm not loaded. Mostly curious.
If you Squatch a Black Diamond, how far are you from a Badlands at that point? Which (Badlands) gives you a bad arsed offroader AND a manual!

Just typing this is causing me anxiety.....

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm with you on all of those reasons, especially the BD bang for the Buck ....BUT, for me , if I gift it to the daughter, SHE could probably HAPPILY get away with a nicely equipped Base.
Every time I spend two hours vacuuming doghair out of the cloth seats of the Outback, I swear by leather or vinyl from here on out. Amazing how that shit just weaves in there.

If I were to make it a keeper, I'd spring for the 6 .......SHE wants to learn on a manual though!!! I want to make that "memory" she'll look back at for the rest of her life happen.
I also am working on my 69 frame off, it will have a manual also...so there's always that.

Always come back to the Golden question.....how much is a Squatch pkg gonna cost on a Base ...... on a Black Diamond .....???? ....on a BadLands???
Probably don't need a Squatch Badlands and I can't see me gifting a $45k vehicle anyways....I'm not loaded. Mostly curious.
If you Squatch a Black Diamond, how far are you from a Badlands at that point? Which (Badlands) gives you a bad arsed offroader AND a manual!

Just typing this is causing me anxiety.....
How about squatching a outer banks? Kinda a nice mix of off road and DD ? No? Or am I crazy

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Choice for me is between the Badlands plus 2.7 or Black Diamond +Sasquatch +2.7.

It will come down to price.

Interior wise, ideally I'd get the Medium but I want the 360 camera. Only reason I have to consider the High.

No interest in stereos (I listen to the radio or nothing when I drive) although I may be interested in trying to listen to a podcast.

Vinyl interior only - hence the BL / BD choice.

I live in Florida. Heat only comes on to melt the frost twice a year, maybe.

Adaptive Cruise Control - in 36 years of driving, I've used cruise control maybe over the course of 20 miles. Driven cross country (Orlando to LA and back) about 4 or 5 times, and didn't use it. I hate CC. Affects my focus and fights against my driving style (I can only explain it as dozens of micro-ajustments a minute).

My phone is 3 years old and doesn't do magic charging - but I plan on getting a new phone around Dec/Jan so I can synch it with the Bronco when it arrives. I have a plug in for the F150 and that works well enough - of course my current phone isn't synched to the F150. When I changed phones I wasn't easily able to get it synched so I gave up trying.

Looking forward to more eventual info but my ride is a 2011 F150 and that has none of these fancy features. It has Synch 1, no infotainment screen, I'm not sure about the cruise control features since I've never used it.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about squatching a outer banks? Kinda a nice mix of off road and DD ? No? Or am I crazy
Outer Banks is the On road/mall crawlin Lux version, in my opinion....I'd rather load out a Badlands with the extra $$$ required.

I keep forgetting that Squatch jams an AUTO down our throats.... trying to keep my options open to an auto.
That leaves the Outer Banks out.
That leaves a Squatch out.

All of the manuals come with 4.46 gears, which is sufficient for 33's, which will be my minimum. EXCEPT the Badlands manual is 4.70 with it's 33's.

I tend to search out the creepy crawly stuff off road, so 4.7 on 33's sounds badass, especially with the upgraded x-fer case with its lower geared low range.

With the available overdrives, I think 4.7 on 33's is still doable for a DD .... will the 4.7 be available without a Squatch??? I thought I read somewhere "NO".
I should run the numbers over at GrimmJeeper ..... considering the vehicles we are dealing with, gearing for 120mph isn't really reasonable.

Again, until we get the prices and available options nailed down, I hate to get all worked up on building THEE Bronco only to find out I cannot.

For Christ sakes, they already ruled out the consummate offroad tranny with the consummate offroad suspension/tire package.

What in the Ford Blue Fuck are they thinking??
This is what happens when an engineering geek gets tasked with NON geek projects.

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s a DD for
Outer Banks is the On road/mall crawlin Lux version, in my opinion....I'd rather load out a Badlands with the extra $$$ required.

I keep forgetting that Squatch jams an AUTO down our throats.... trying to keep my options open to an auto.
That leaves the Outer Banks out.
That leaves a Squatch out.

All of the manuals come with 4.46 gears, which is sufficient for 33's, which will be my minimum. EXCEPT the Badlands manual is 4.70 with it's 33's.

I tend to search out the creepy crawly stuff off road, so 4.7 on 33's sounds badass, especially with the upgraded x-fer case with its lower geared low range.

With the available overdrives, I think 4.7 on 33's is still doable for a DD .... will the 4.7 be available without a Squatch??? I thought I read somewhere "NO".
I should run the numbers over at GrimmJeeper ..... considering the vehicles we are dealing with, gearing for 120mph isn't really reasonable.

Again, until we get the prices and available options nailed down, I hate to get all worked up on building THEE Bronco only to find out I cannot.

For Christ sakes, they already ruled out the consummate offroad tranny with the consummate offroad suspension/tire package.

What in the Ford Blue Fuck are they thinking??
This is what happens when an engineering geek gets tasked with NON geek projects.
its a DD for me also and I haven’t been in the off road scene as of yet.. a auto granny isn’t a deal breaker for me.. hence the Sasquatch on a outer banks option... I think you mean build out a black diamond yea? Because a badlands is already more than the outer banks...
Looking to get the most bang for buck and getting sas Kees things under warranty.. would be nice if we can swap the MTs out for ATs... but yea...
thoughts

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Choice for me is between the Badlands plus 2.7 or Black Diamond +Sasquatch +2.7.

It will come down to price.

Interior wise, ideally I'd get the Medium but I want the 360 camera. Only reason I have to consider the High.

No interest in stereos (I listen to the radio or nothing when I drive) although I may be interested in trying to listen to a podcast.

Vinyl interior only - hence the BL / BD choice.

I live in Florida. Heat only comes on to melt the frost twice a year, maybe.

Adaptive Cruise Control - in 36 years of driving, I've used cruise control maybe over the course of 20 miles. Driven cross country (Orlando to LA and back) about 4 or 5 times, and didn't use it. I hate CC. Affects my focus and fights against my driving style (I can only explain it as dozens of micro-ajustments a minute).

My phone is 3 years old and doesn't do magic charging - but I plan on getting a new phone around Dec/Jan so I can synch it with the Bronco when it arrives. I have a plug in for the F150 and that works well enough - of course my current phone isn't synched to the F150. When I changed phones I wasn't easily able to get it synched so I gave up trying.

Looking forward to more eventual info but my ride is a 2011 F150 and that has none of these fancy features. It has Synch 1, no infotainment screen, I'm not sure about the cruise control features since I've never used it.
I hear you, so price wise you ll reside between mid and high? (Med wITH BD )
So you would be looking at
BD + 2.7 + sas + mid
Or
BL + 2.7 + mid/high - this is super tempting IMO...
not that I need all The upgraded suspension features but they would be nice to have.
I wonder which will be cheaper with mid package on each...
I’m actually in the exact same boat.
family man?

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands edition because swaybar disco.
Sasquatch Package because gearIng
2.7L because power.
Low package if I can avoid proximity sensors, if not then maybe mid. I don’t want the big screen.

My current truck is an automatic, so the 2.7L + Auto isn’t a big deal for me. It’s not like we’re buying a new Grand Tour low slung Highway star in which an auto would be a crime. I look at it like this, the 2.3L is not an option for me and I don't want to regear, so Sasquatch sets me up with gearing and the 2.7L is just required. Losing 2cm, or whatever it is, travel doesn’t mean anything to me b/c I plan to upgrade the suspension eventually anyway to proper coil overs.
Sponsored