First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Unfortunately this is in line with one of the most comprehensive thoughts on the sound system I've come across. There isn't much out there. I too am also questioning the value of the LUX any more especially after seeing the new accessory catalog that states in several places this item is not avail or compatible with the lux package. One of those items being the JBL sound bar, which I imagine is likely better than the b&o system all together. That being said it's really only 2,500 dollar difference on a badlands going from the high package to lux. Since I am spending 50k, 2,500 really isn't that much difference on a payment plan over 60 months. So I will likely stick with it and just be disappointed in what's lame and happy with what's not. Maybe....
But with the soundbar your rear view mirror becomes useless.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Count me as one who did not realize that. Not that I was trusting even a Bang and Olufsen system to be great in this regard.

I should as suspected something like what you explained. When we saw the picture of one of the speakers, you could tell right away it was low end.
Can you point out how you identify a low end speaker. I'm not just asking to be contrarian. I genuinely don't know how one can tell by looks.
Ford Bronco Thoughts on B&O vs Stock Stereo / Audio after Bronco event OBX (5)

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you point out how you identify a low end speaker. I'm not just asking to be contrarian. I genuinely don't know how one can tell by looks.
Ford Bronco Thoughts on B&O vs Stock Stereo / Audio after Bronco event OBX (5)
Somebody posted what looked like a standard paper cone speaker. But that's a nice looking plastic cover you got there! šŸ‘

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Somebody posted what looked like a standard paper cone speaker. But that's a nice looking plastic cover you got there! šŸ‘
Also, don't take my question as being contentious in any way. I really don't know just by looking at the IP. It was nice enough that I was trying to capture the grain on the OBX w/Lux so as to gain a visual reference with how the light played on the Navy Pier. I just so happened to also capture the speaker.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agreed. If I can run a couple wires and have a sub, I'm all over it. But I assume an amp would need to be added somewhere as well.

Speaking of which, wonder where the amp is for the BO. I would think it is a separate box and not part of the actual Sync head.
There is a 12V plug in the rear compartment right above the sub location. I'd bet it will be easy to tap into the wiring harness at that power point and power a sub amplifier.

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Went to a local Bronco event recently and got to see a Big Bend and an OBX.
As someone who ordered a Badlands w/ SAS and MGV, most of my questions were left unanswered.
Fortunately the Big Bend had the mid-package w/ stock stereo and the OBX had the Lux w/ the B&O.

I asked the rep if I could stay late after they shut things down so I could crank both stereos up and compare them...and they said sure!
I tried a few different songs on my iPhone on both so I could get an equal comparison.
Here are some of my thoughts:

A lot of people have said the B&O is nothing to write home about...and unfortunately I agree. That being said there is definitely a difference between the stock and the upgraded stereo system. The bass is deeper and the mids/highs come through cleaner.
I went to a different Ford dealership and listened to the "B&O unleashed" in the F-150 line. That was a great sound system (18 speakers vs the Bronco 10 speaker).
I think a lot of the problem with the Bronco B&O system is where the speakers are placed. They are clustered in the front and the back. There are no speakers on the doors (for obvious reasons) and no speakers in the middle (near the B pillar or head rest). So the music feels clustered in front of you if you're the driver/passenger or behind you if you're in the rear. I definitely did not get a surround sound feeling no matter where I sat.

I currently have the Lux package on my Bronco mainly for the B&O system, but I'm starting to second guess it.
The problem I am running into personally is this: when I do get my Bronco, I'm sure there will be some delay in aftermarket stereo system options specific to the Bronco/Sync 4. The B&O system is better than stock and I would hate having to wait a long time for a great aftermarket solution to come around.

Has anyone else listened to the B&O in the Bronco and have thoughts?
It sounds like Iā€™m one of the few that actually liked the B&O. Now, I didnā€™t have a stock system to compare it to. Both Broncos at the event I went to had the LUX. I was extremely impressed with the clarity and bass of the B&O. So much that it makes me want to add the LUX while I can. After reading all the negative comments about the B&O I wasnā€™t expecting much but overall was very shocked.

I just worry that adding the LUX now could push me back significantly further or even to a MY22. Not sure if thatā€™s possible but who knows at this point. A lot of people say just go aftermarket, but I really donā€™t want to go through the wiring, fitting a sub somewhere discreetly, installing an amp somewhere, etc.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If it were just the stereo in the lux package,I might reconsider. But I wanted the adaptive cruise control. Iā€™ve driven vehicles equipped with it and it is a great feature.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Went to a local Bronco event recently and got to see a Big Bend and an OBX.
As someone who ordered a Badlands w/ SAS and MGV, most of my questions were left unanswered.
Fortunately the Big Bend had the mid-package w/ stock stereo and the OBX had the Lux w/ the B&O.

I asked the rep if I could stay late after they shut things down so I could crank both stereos up and compare them...and they said sure!
I tried a few different songs on my iPhone on both so I could get an equal comparison.
Here are some of my thoughts:

A lot of people have said the B&O is nothing to write home about...and unfortunately I agree. That being said there is definitely a difference between the stock and the upgraded stereo system. The bass is deeper and the mids/highs come through cleaner.
I went to a different Ford dealership and listened to the "B&O unleashed" in the F-150 line. That was a great sound system (18 speakers vs the Bronco 10 speaker).
I think a lot of the problem with the Bronco B&O system is where the speakers are placed. They are clustered in the front and the back. There are no speakers on the doors (for obvious reasons) and no speakers in the middle (near the B pillar or head rest). So the music feels clustered in front of you if you're the driver/passenger or behind you if you're in the rear. I definitely did not get a surround sound feeling no matter where I sat.

I currently have the Lux package on my Bronco mainly for the B&O system, but I'm starting to second guess it.
The problem I am running into personally is this: when I do get my Bronco, I'm sure there will be some delay in aftermarket stereo system options specific to the Bronco/Sync 4. The B&O system is better than stock and I would hate having to wait a long time for a great aftermarket solution to come around.

Has anyone else listened to the B&O in the Bronco and have thoughts?
I just hope that the stock/base bronco stereo sounds better than the stock/base F250 work truck I drive?
Anyone know?

Sponsored

11clayton

Black Diamond
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Non B&O:
Two in the dash
Two in the front footwell kick panel
Two in the rear speaker pods

B&O adds the sub, and the center dash. Not sure where the other two are, but I would bet on separate components in the rear pods.

Good question. I wish I had thought to ask that.
Do you have photos of the footwell speakers for the non-BO standard setup??

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Do you have photos of the footwell speakers for the non-BO standard setup??
I didnā€™t take any pictures sorry. I think both B&O and standard use the same pods in the rear, dash corner and kick panel locations - so any B&O pics of those locations would be the same. FWIW, I came away thinking the kick panel and pod speakers look small - like maybe 5-1/4s or maybe 4x6s. The dash corners maybe just tweets or maybe 3-1/2s or 4s.

Also the sub enclosure area is tiny - like a 6ā€. I donā€™t even think an 8ā€ fits in there.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are 10 speakers just like there are 6 cupholders. Some unidentified speakers come in the form of ā€˜netsā€™

11clayton

Black Diamond
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I didnā€™t take any pictures sorry. I think both B&O and standard use the same pods in the rear, dash corner and kick panel locations - so any B&O pics of those locations would be the same. FWIW, I came away thinking the kick panel and pod speakers look small - like maybe 5-1/4s or maybe 4x6s. The dash corners maybe just tweets or maybe 3-1/2s or 4s.

Also the sub enclosure area is tiny - like a 6ā€. I donā€™t even think an 8ā€ fits in there.
Wow, very interesting. I was assuming the 6 speaker option was 3 x 4" in dash, 2x 4x6" or so in rear pillar, and 8" sub in cargo area.

11clayton

Black Diamond
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, very interesting. I was assuming the 6 speaker option was 3 x 4" in dash, 2x 4x6" or so in rear pillar, and 8" sub in cargo area.
Also this completely kills my idea to use my current JL VXI 700/5i 5 channel amp to replace the whole factory setup, skip the center dash speaker, and put a 10" sub in cargo area.
Sponsored