jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I appreciate the analysis. Maybe it's not as great as I thought.

All I know is that 1. I am not going to mess up my order by backing off the lux package, so it is what is; 2. I am not going to wait 18 months and skimp out a better stereo on a vehicle with a removable top; 3. ACC is becoming a standard feature in the near future, and my rig will be 5,100 lbs with heavy 35" tires - having some braking assistance highway travelling and stop and go traffic would be very helpful.
Sponsored

TheObiJuan

Wildtrak
First Name
J.M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone know the size of the B+O subwoofer? Wondering if a JL Audio subwoofer will fit in its place. I would hate to kill more storage space with a sub box under the rear seats. I hope the speakers don't need replacing as well...
I fully expect JL to release stealth box that replaces the factory Lux sub.

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Little disappointed there wasnā€™t any weather resistance considerations for the speakers. Wasnā€™t necessarily expected Marine-grade, but I had hopes for my washout Badlands.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I stumbled across this yesterday.

https://oemaudioplus.com/jeep/jl-se/

This company specializes in OEM system replacement packages. Their JL kit seems pretty intense. I would love to see them do something similar for the Ford Bronco.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I stumbled across this yesterday.

https://oemaudioplus.com/jeep/jl-se/

This company specializes in OEM system replacement packages. Their JL kit seems pretty intense. I would love to see them do something similar for the Ford Bronco.
I have seen other OEM sound systems for Wranglers as well. I stayed with the base system with the intent to upgrade in a couple of years when the market catches up (plus i really did not want the other items in the lux package so it would have been $3500 for a B&O system that other threads on this forum have indicated is not that great).

Sponsored

anthem

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately this is in line with one of the most comprehensive thoughts on the sound system I've come across. There isn't much out there. I too am also questioning the value of the LUX any more especially after seeing the new accessory catalog that states in several places this item is not avail or compatible with the lux package. One of those items being the JBL sound bar, which I imagine is likely better than the b&o system all together. That being said it's really only 2,500 dollar difference on a badlands going from the high package to lux. Since I am spending 50k, 2,500 really isn't that much difference on a payment plan over 60 months. So I will likely stick with it and just be disappointed in what's lame and happy with what's not. Maybe....
I'm curious - with all the modifications coming available and plans being put in place to trick your new Bronco out why would you choose to pay $2,500 for B&O instead of putting the same (or less) into an aftermarket audio package which would sound substantially better than any factory option? I have a Badlands on order mid-package not interested in larger screen or B&O audio feeling afm solution would be far superior and create possibility of adding speakers in the middle for the same or less cost of B&O upgrade. Am I looking at it wrong?

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can you point out how you identify a low end speaker. I'm not just asking to be contrarian. I genuinely don't know how one can tell by looks.
OBX (5).jpg
Here is the comparison between the original 4ā€ (bottom with the dent in the paper cone) in the Bronco dash and the $100/pair Kicker 4ā€ coaxial I replaced them with. Replacing just those two dash speakers made a big difference. Notice the paper speaker (original) with only 25 watts versus much better quality Kicker speaker with tweeter and mid-range.

54580CF7-3F55-4AA8-89D7-D139E457872B.jpeg

C705C178-3AF8-4DC5-B21B-A4FE9953EC88.jpeg

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is the comparison between the original 4ā€ (bottom with the dent in the paper cone) in the Bronco dash and the $100/pair Kicker 4ā€ coaxial I replaced them with. Replacing just those two dash speakers made a big difference. Notice the paper speaker (original) with only 25 watts versus much better quality Kicker speaker with tweeter and mid-range.

Ford Bronco Thoughts on B&O vs Stock Stereo / Audio after Bronco event C705C178-3AF8-4DC5-B21B-A4FE9953EC88

Ford Bronco Thoughts on B&O vs Stock Stereo / Audio after Bronco event C705C178-3AF8-4DC5-B21B-A4FE9953EC88
replacing Lux speakers or stock here?

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

You pulled that paper garbage from a B&O system??

Sponsored

BroncoZ13

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m not surprised! Got my Badlands w/ Lux last week and never heard the B&O system since the two demos I drove earlier didnā€™t have the package. VERY unimpressed at sound quality compared to other brands like the Bose in the GMC or the HK in the RAM.

was hoping with top down being able to blast some music w/o having to upgrade the factory ā€œupgradedā€ system but looks like Iā€™ll have to spend some $$ to do so. Factory sub is very muddy and highs not clean.

Oh well, first world problems and love everything else about the Bronco, but B&O def not worth the $$ IMO. šŸ¤‘

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m not surprised! Got my Badlands w/ Lux last week and never heard the B&O system since the two demos I drove earlier didnā€™t have the package. VERY unimpressed at sound quality compared to other brands like the Bose in the GMC or the HK in the RAM.

was hoping with top down being able to blast some music w/o having to upgrade the factory ā€œupgradedā€ system but looks like Iā€™ll have to spend some $$ to do so. Factory sub is very muddy and highs not clean.

Oh well, first world problems and love everything else about the Bronco, but B&O def not worth the $$ IMO.
BOSE? šŸ¤”

BroncoZ13

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bose found in GM vehicles. Have it is my Sierra AT4 and wifeā€™s Yukon. Not saying the Bose system is great, but sounds better at higher volume (especially bass) compared to the B&O on Bronco IMO.
Sponsored