Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went to a local Bronco event recently and got to see a Big Bend and an OBX.
As someone who ordered a Badlands w/ SAS and MGV, most of my questions were left unanswered.
Fortunately the Big Bend had the mid-package w/ stock stereo and the OBX had the Lux w/ the B&O.

I asked the rep if I could stay late after they shut things down so I could crank both stereos up and compare them...and they said sure!
I tried a few different songs on my iPhone on both so I could get an equal comparison.
Here are some of my thoughts:

A lot of people have said the B&O is nothing to write home about...and unfortunately I agree. That being said there is definitely a difference between the stock and the upgraded stereo system. The bass is deeper and the mids/highs come through cleaner.
I went to a different Ford dealership and listened to the "B&O unleashed" in the F-150 line. That was a great sound system (18 speakers vs the Bronco 10 speaker).
I think a lot of the problem with the Bronco B&O system is where the speakers are placed. They are clustered in the front and the back. There are no speakers on the doors (for obvious reasons) and no speakers in the middle (near the B pillar or head rest). So the music feels clustered in front of you if you're the driver/passenger or behind you if you're in the rear. I definitely did not get a surround sound feeling no matter where I sat.

I currently have the Lux package on my Bronco mainly for the B&O system, but I'm starting to second guess it.
The problem I am running into personally is this: when I do get my Bronco, I'm sure there will be some delay in aftermarket stereo system options specific to the Bronco/Sync 4. The B&O system is better than stock and I would hate having to wait a long time for a great aftermarket solution to come around.

Has anyone else listened to the B&O in the Bronco and have thoughts?
Sponsored

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone who ordered a Badlands w/ SAS and MGV, most of my questions were left unanswered.
Fortunately the Big Bend had the mid-package w/ stock stereo and the OBX had the Lux w/ the B&O.

I asked the rep if I could stay late after they shut things down so I could crank both stereos up and compare them...and they said sure!
I tried a few different songs on my iPhone on both so I could get an equal comparison.

A lot of people have said the B&O is nothing to write home about...and unfortunately I agree. That being said there is definitely a difference between the stock and the upgraded stereo system. The bass is deeper and the mids/highs come through cleaner.
I went to a different Ford dealership and listened to the "B&O unleashed" in the F-150 line. That was a great sound system (18 speakers vs the Bronco 10 speaker).
I think a lot of the problem with the Bronco B&O system is where the speakers are placed. They are clustered in the front and the back. There are no speakers on the doors (for obvious reasons) and no speakers in the middle (near the B pillar or head rest). So the music feels clustered in front of you if you're the driver/passenger or behind you if you're in the rear. I definitely did not get a surround sound feeling no matter where I sat.

I currently have the Lux package on my Bronco mainly for the B&O system, but I'm starting to second guess it.
The problem I am running into personally is this: when I do get my Bronco, I'm sure there will be some delay in aftermarket stereo system options specific to the Bronco/Sync 4. The B&O system is better than stock and I would hate having to wait a long time for a great aftermarket solution to come around.

Unfortunately this is in line with one of the most comprehensive thoughts on the sound system I've come across. There isn't much out there. I too am also questioning the value of the LUX any more especially after seeing the new accessory catalog that states in several places this item is not avail or compatible with the lux package. One of those items being the JBL sound bar, which I imagine is likely better than the b&o system all together. That being said it's really only 2,500 dollar difference on a badlands going from the high package to lux. Since I am spending 50k, 2,500 really isn't that much difference on a payment plan over 60 months. So I will likely stick with it and just be disappointed in what's lame and happy with what's not. Maybe....

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The rep at the Crossroads event yesterday told me there will be a subwoofer accessory offered for the stock system that will go where the B&O sub is.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Good stuff. You saying we can’t just upgrade the speakers, add a couple tiny ones on the B’s, and a sub under the seat? That was my plan on my HighLands ( Badlands w HighPack ) until I could figure out additional amplification.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The rep at the Crossroads event yesterday told me there will be a subwoofer accessory offered for the stock system that will go where the B&O sub is.
Wait....WHAT????

So are we to believe that Ford ran wires... I doubt it. They didn't for soft tops nor fog lights, why would they for a speaker.

Sponsored

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m still trying to understand the speaker placement. I know there are three in the dash, the sub, and 2 on the role bar in the back. Can anyone tell me where the other 4 are? If so, do you have pics?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

In another recent audio Thread about "bass", this is the point I was making, the Bronco is an off-road vehicle meant to have removable doors and roof (or a convertible roof) and big tires (noisy), which doesn't make for a good acoustic environment for audio. Being an audiophile, I've found it pointless to achieve great audio performance in a vehicle; as soon at the vehicle begins to move, other noise intrudes on the audio source. Luxury cars are tuned to dampen road noise as best as possible and concentrate on speaker placement and phasing to get the best audio environment and sound performance. IMO, Ford adding a B&O system to the Lux package is just too much to spend to get a name-brand audiophile company's system for a compromised audio environment in a 4x4 off-road truck.

I think the point of the Bronco is to get to places where one can listen to "natural" sources of "music". I'm sure the aftermarket audio companies will offer decent upgrades to the base (stock) bronco system in the near future. The good news is by Ford adding a B&O system, the Bronco has spaces designed-in and hopefully the wiring to add upgraded audio components.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m still trying to understand the speaker placement. I know there are three in the dash, the sub, and 2 on the role bar in the back. Can anyone tell me where the other 4 are? If so, do you have pics?
There are speakers in the front footwells, also. It doesn't account for all of them.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the point of the Bronco is to get to places where one can listen to "natural" sources of "music". I'm sure the aftermarket audio companies will offer decent upgrades to the base (stock) bronco system in the near future. The good news is by Ford adding a B&O system, the Bronco has spaces designed-in and hopefully the wiring to add upgraded audio components.
People should temper their hopes/expectations. As @da_jokker alluded to above, Ford has shown time and again not to provide additional wiring (and plumbing in the case of soft top being ordered). When builds option the modular bumper on trims that include fog lights on the standard bumper, the lights, harness, and switch aren't included.

Aviationtech101

Base
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wait....WHAT????

So are we to believe that Ford ran wires... I doubt it. They didn't for soft tops nor fog lights, why would they for a speaker.
I’m guessing the side panel where the B+O sub is located will be removable. This will open up the possibility for aftermarket to make a good sub that fits there. The wrangler has aftermarket subs that fit there. I’d be willing to run my own wires and power if need be.

I’m pretty stoked about this news

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m guessing the side panel where the B+O sub is located will be removable. This will open up the possibility for aftermarket to make a good sub that fits there. The wrangler has aftermarket subs that fit there. I’d be willing to run my own wires and power if need be.

I’m pretty stoked about this news
Agreed. If I can run a couple wires and have a sub, I'm all over it. But I assume an amp would need to be added somewhere as well.

Speaking of which, wonder where the amp is for the BO. I would think it is a separate box and not part of the actual Sync head.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m personally fine with the stock speakers, I’ll upgrade them on my own, and as a benefit less speakers means cheaper to upgrade. For $150 I replaced the speakers in my Jeep with Mopar upgraded ones, direct plug/drop in. Huge difference, I really see no need for a sub or anything else. 100% diminishing returns to me. Dumping a few hundred bucks into replacing the Bronco speakers would probably get me 90% of the way to the B&O for a fraction of the cost.

BluBronco

First Edition
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'76 Bronco, '86 Bronco, '08 R6, '21 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does anyone know the size of the B+O subwoofer? Wondering if a JL Audio subwoofer will fit in its place. I would hate to kill more storage space with a sub box under the rear seats. I hope the speakers don't need replacing as well...

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

There are speakers in the front footwells, also. It doesn't account for all of them.
A lot of times manufacturers count tweeters in addition to the mid woofers to up the speaker count. I don't really like that, but at least then you know you're getting components.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you see if the sound settings were properly setup/not tinkered with on the SYNC4 system for the audio?

Only reason I ask, is me (being an idiot) drove around in my Jeep WK2 for the longest time not realizing I didn't have "surround sound" turned on in the settings. When I did that, it was night and day difference.

I'm not saying that's the issue, but worth looking at since people would likely tinker in the settings if they allowed for it or the default may be set differently.
Sponsored