l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Regulations aren't making the manual go away lol. That would be people choosing not to buy them.
actually, it would be dealers choosing the easy route of white, silver or black w/ an automatic because it's one less thing required of the sheeple/consumer
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unfortunately all 3 of those engines have different bellhousing patterns.
Mustang. Ford already has a bell housing to mate the 5.0 to the GETRAG transmission. And the 7MT is the same 6MT with an extra gear.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mustang Getrag on the forums was perceived as flawed.... Look at how that turned out. Seems most still want the manual stang even if it has a getrag. Sometimes we forget that these forums are our little echo chamber
Give a Mustang buyer the choice of a GETRAG or TREMEC, and 95% of folks who know the difference will pick the TREMEC. The rest are just "stick make gears change"

Give a Bronco buyer an option of a TREMEC and most of us would take it.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mustang. Ford already has a bell housing to mate the 5.0 to the GETRAG transmission. And the 7MT is the same 6MT with an extra gear.
Same family yes, but they'd still need to cast a new 5.0L case for the MT88. I don't have them physically side by side, but it's obvious enough in pictures that the MT82 and MT88 cases vary enough that there won't be a lot of mix and matching.

Funny enough, Land Rover used a 4x4 MT82.

Sponsored

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This. Take a look at prices for a 5-10 year old used Mustang. Stick Shifts cost more because if someone wants the stick they simply won't consider the auto.

You can put me in that camp. I ordered mine with a stick. No stick, and I never even would have considered buying one.
I understand your take. I on the other hand was only in the market for a new vehicle because I needed an automatic. I kept and love my manual but daily driving on bad roads and in bad traffic in a manual takes the joy out of it. Fact is most drivers deal with stop and go traffic and most people can't afford a high priced highly restrained Bronco as just a side vehicle for driving off road. Ford only cares about what they can sell in mass and what they can sell for big money.

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Small sample size but I feel like way way more people can drive a manual but just don't. I swear almost every single person I know can drive a manual car, even my neighbor a 50 or 60 year old nice lady has a manual jeep.

I think when it comes down to it most people just don't want to deal with it as they are not enthusiast drivers and use cars to go from A to B. Also when car shopping dealers do not stock manuals.

Some people really just enjoy driving and the feeling, control, and enjoyment a manual offers.

It takes all of 30 minutes to teach someone.

Mikeflo

Black Diamond
First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Honda Civic, & a Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I tried ordering a Base with a stick & it was a no go. All dealers that had a base with a manual trans want a $5k-$10K mark up on a base. Freaking ridiculous. I'm glad I have mine but ordering a second seems like it will not happen for me.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My bronco be my first purchase of a vehichle that is not Manuel transmission. Sortve upset about it but obx couldn't be ordered in stick shift when I went in 2 years ago.
Manuel is my favorite transmission! ;)

Ford Bronco Thoughts on buying a manual now? Capture.PNG

There was allot of give and take in the Bronco line-up, @HoosierDaddy is 100% correct! It's so tiring going thru the trims and trying to decide if choosing one thing is worth giving up another.

I will give Ford credit in that they offered the Badlands with all the packages and a manual also with my HE that gave us the mid package and a manual (but would have loved the option of high).

Anyrate, sorry you missed out on Manuel!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Small sample size but I feel like way way more people can drive a manual but just don't. I swear almost every single person I know can drive a manual car, even my neighbor a 50 or 60 year old nice lady has a manual jeep.

I think when it comes down to it most people just don't want to deal with it as they are not enthusiast drivers and use cars to go from A to B. Also when car shopping dealers do not stock manuals.

Some people really just enjoy driving and the feeling, control, and enjoyment a manual offers.

It takes all of 30 minutes to teach someone.
You answered your own question ...

a 50 or 60 year old ...

we pretty much had to learn on a manual. Funny though how car manufacturers used to market the brands ... Ford: cheap, manual, maybe fun, starter car; Mercury: a little nicer trim, automatic and you're moving up the ladder; Lincoln: luxury, definitely automatic, congrats! you've made it to the top!

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I reserved mine I was thinking manual- until they did not offer it with the 2.7. I wanted the lightest Bronco with the biggest engine and the 2.7 was auto only. Also my wife does not drive a manual so the automatic is more convenient. I love manuals though and most of my vehicles over the course of my life have been manual. I just got a new GTI, 6 speed manual as my daily commuter. It was very hard to find and I had to wait 2 months. Dealer had me on a list and called when one came in.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Give a Mustang buyer the choice of a GETRAG or TREMEC, and 95% of folks who know the difference will pick the TREMEC. The rest are just "stick make gears change"

Hmm, not sure I agree with that. Only 95%??? 95% seems awfully low for that comparison.

BDBJ79

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle-less
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had an order placed for a manual Bronco, canceled it because of the grinding noise issues. Didn’t want to take the chance. And the fact that it was built and never showed up. I picked up 2.7 off a lot for no markup. And now that I’ve driven it, I can’t imagine having the 2.3. Got the chance to drive my buddy’s 2023 Acura Integra 6 speed manual for a couple weeks, and was super fun. But I’m glad I have the 2.7.

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

I actually reach out to Tremac and asked if they would every have an option to replace the getrag. I got a probably not response..

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I kept and love my manual but daily driving on bad roads and in bad traffic in a manual takes the joy out of it. Fact is most drivers deal with stop and go traffic and most people can't afford a high priced highly restrained Bronco as just a side vehicle for driving off road.
I drive my Bronco in Phoenix traffic every day. Before that, I drove a Mustang GT (manual), and before that a Mustang GT (manual) and before that a V6 Mustang (manual) and before that a Ranger (1998 also a stick). Prior to that was a Contour Sport (which was actually fun to drive with the 16-valve I-4 and stick shift)

Driving an automatic would be miserable.
Sponsored