Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone seen both of these bumpers?
I am getting a badlands and I like the modular steel number that came with the 2021. But now that I am ordering a 2022 the bumper will be the “capable” bumper as seen on the riptide concept.(pic below)
I like that you can remove the ends of the of the modular.
Can you do that with the capable?
Do we know how much it will cost if I want the modular instead of the capable it now comes with?
Thanks

ADD918F8-2108-48E5-B817-1FD98CA84915.jpeg

A45F692E-5E27-402E-A894-475998B07BD8.jpeg
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The capable is the mid-tier bumper. No removable endcaps in the version I saw. You get a steel bumper capable of fog lights AFAIK.. Looks really good, but its a step down from the HD modular bumper as far as off-road.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have a 2021 Badlands reservation, Ford will cover the upgrade to the HD.

Both: Steel.

Capable bumper: Fog lights. D-rings.

HD bumper: Shackle mounts. Can mount winch. Can remove end caps. Can mount bull bars, lights, etc.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah - I like the integrated fog switch, and that’s about it.

Modular for me.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If aftermarket bumpers weren't a thing I'd definitely go with the modular bumper.

But my plan right now is to get the capable bumper purely for the fog light wiring & cabin switch... and then swapping it out for an aftermarket bumper somewhere down the line. Right now the leader is the Warn bumper, but I do intend on sticking with the stock capable bumper for awhile, so I'll have time to decide.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone seen both of these bumpers?
I am getting a badlands and I like the modular steel number that came with the 2021. But now that I am ordering a 2022 the bumper will be the “capable” bumper as seen on the riptide concept.(pic below)
I like that you can remove the ends of the of the modular.
Can you do that with the capable?
Do we know how much it will cost if I want the modular instead of the capable it now comes with?
Thanks

Ford Bronco Thoughts on capable vs modular? A45F692E-5E27-402E-A894-475998B07BD8

Ford Bronco Thoughts on capable vs modular? A45F692E-5E27-402E-A894-475998B07BD8
I am in the same position with a Black Diamond order. I am re-specing for my 2022 order. I WILL add the Mod bumper back on. With the slight 2021 price increase and the upcharge for the modular bumper....the $975.00 certificate to cause "price protection"...pretty much covers it. I want the Modular bumper so I will get it.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have a 2021 Badlands reservation, Ford will cover the upgrade to the HD.

Both: Steel.

Capable bumper: Fog lights. D-rings.

HD bumper: Shackle mounts. Can mount winch. Can remove end caps. Can mount bull bars, lights, etc.
Hope your right about that, otherwise I would put the upgrade money towards an aftermarket bumper. With the HD modular bumper I wouldn't need to upgrade it. YMMV :cool:

Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If aftermarket bumpers weren't a thing I'd definitely go with the modular bumper.

But my plan right now is to get the capable bumper purely for the fog light wiring & cabin switch... and then swapping it out for an aftermarket bumper somewhere down the line. Right now the leader is the Warn bumper, but I do intend on sticking with the stock capable bumper for awhile, so I'll have time to decide.
Exactly my plan. SVC will have my 2dr Badland credit down the road

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I like the look of the modular and will stick with that and change the rear to the 4wheelparts. It looks like it'll match the modular well

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I much prefer the look of the Capable. Plus I get fog lights. I would have paid to get it over the Modular if it was an option. It’s the bumper that was on the models the day of the reveal and I was disappointed to see it disappear.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in the same position with a Black Diamond order. I am re-specing for my 2022 order. I WILL add the Mod bumper back on. With the slight 2021 price increase and the upcharge for the modular bumper....the $975.00 certificate to cause "price protection"...pretty much covers it. I want the Modular bumper so I will get it.
So... The price protection certificate covers it? In other words, you're paying MY22 MSRP money for the exact same MY21 build?

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So... The price protection certificate covers it? In other words, you're paying MY22 MSRP money for the exact same MY21 build?
Yes, for BL and BD. If you choose the capable bumper, your price will be $575 lower for the MY22 BL/BD than it was for MY21.
Sponsored