First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope this thread is not redundant but wondering what the thoughts are regarding quality issues from the early feedback?

I have not done a deep dive into the issues but reports of gremlins and worst have caught my attention. Not a surprise on a new model.

Anyone thinking a latter build may not be the worst thing?

Or maybe I'm just trying to convince myself not to be pissed that I don't have a build date yet.
Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly does have me a little concerned. Owned many Fords and they have been trouble free for the most part. I have been going back and forth between sticking it out or just pulling the plug...

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I hope this thread is not redundant but wondering what the thoughts are regarding quality issues from the early feedback?

I have not done a deep dive into the issues but reports of gremlins and worst have caught my attention. Not a surprise on a new model.

Anyone thinking a latter build may not be the worst thing?

Or maybe I'm just trying to convince myself not to be pissed that I don't have a build date yet.
Keep in mind, the people posting here are a very small % of Bronco owners. Furthermore, many more read this site than actually post. Finally, majority of posts in the future will be ā€œissues/problemsā€. Donā€™t believe me, go to f150forum.com. A little reading there and youā€™d think the F150 was the biggest piece of shit ever sold. The reality is, most owners donā€™t and wonā€™t have any major issues. I have had my 2017 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5EB since new. Reading the forums my 10spd transmission should shit, my pano top should leak and should have also replaced the tracks by now, my turbos should have failed, I should have used a catch can, and on and on. Reality is, Iā€™ve changed the oil and rotated the tires every 5k miles and havenā€™t had ANY issues.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think issues are gonna be highlighted over benefits unfortunately, especially on forums such as this and with people who are already frustrated because of the wait.

Fortunately, most of the issues seem to be cosmetic or easily fixed, other than the CV joint and I am curious to see what happened there. I believe there will be issues on any new vehicle, but I trust they will be worked out and I am thankful for those who are willing to go through it , it benefits all of us getting a later delivery.

Overall, the reports seem to be overwhelmingly positive, that combined with all the testing that we have seen Ford put the Bronco through, tends to make me even more excited for '22 when I will ( hopefully) receive mine. (y)

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Planning on leasing so I donā€™t care. Thatā€™s the risk you take buying a first year model of anything.

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Other than the webasto crisis, I have not read anything on this or any other site reflecting patterns of deficiency or failure with the new bronco. However if you are one of those folks that is hesitant about a first year vehicle, you should wait until the objective, impartial and thorough reviews are available from sources such as Consumer Reports, etc., then make your decision.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It doesn't concern me at all. Like stated above this forum is just a smalls percentage of Bronco owners so far. And, forum are where people mostly come to report a problem, and are looking for help. You see very few "My new (put brand/model here) is great. I love it". So, my humble opinion is don't let the "problem" posts factor into your decisions.

OP
OP
ex_nyer

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep in mind, the people posting here are a very small % of Bronco owners. Furthermore, many more read this site than actually post. Finally, majority of posts in the future will be ā€œissues/problemsā€. Donā€™t believe me, go to f150forum.com. A little reading there and youā€™d think the F150 was the biggest piece of shit ever sold. The reality is, most owners donā€™t and wonā€™t have any major issues. I have had my 2017 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5EB since new. Reading the forums my 10spd transmission should shit, my pano top should leak and should have also replaced the tracks by now, my turbos should have failed, I should have used a catch can, and on and on. Reality is, Iā€™ve changed the oil and rotated the tires every 5k miles and havenā€™t had ANY issues.
People looking to complain are usually anxious to post and loud about it. But a lot of what I've seen here is people commenting and sharing their early impressions. Generally speaking, I'd say the community here is pretty fair and most of those who have taken delivery are positive. Like all new vehicles there are going to be issues. I just hope that FORD doesn't try to rush production and have issues with quality control.

I drive a 2012 F150 Platinum with 150k work miles on it. It has held up well, has a great interior and I've been pretty happy with it. I've owned a bunch of cars/trucks over the years but still haven't found a problem free one yet! lol They all look great on the showroom floor but it comes down to service and durability. I tend to hold on to my vehicles past the warranty and I plan on holding on to my Bronco for a while.

OP
OP
ex_nyer

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Other than the webasto crisis, I have not read anything on this or any other site reflecting patterns of deficiency or failure with the new bronco. However if you are one of those folks that is hesitant about a first year vehicle, you should wait until the objective, impartial and thorough reviews are available from sources such as Consumer Reports, etc., then make your decision.
I'm in and looking forward to taking delivery of my Bronco. I've owned some 1st year disasters but one of my all time favorites was also a 1st year that I kept for 12 years so I'm not deterred just curious.

This was posted on the BG6 site .....

Ford engineering has put a special message in OASIS for Broncos asking that issues be directly reported so they can look for trends and get on top of things quickly. I am asking everyone that has taken delivery to get into your dealer ASAP when a warning light, water leak, driveability concern or anything else that you think is abnormal. Do not brush problems off as ā€œbreak-inā€ period gremlins, there is no such animal.

Getting issues to engineering quickly helps you as well as future Bronco owners. I know itā€™s not always convenient to get into service but in order for Ford to fix their issues they need the data. PSA over, thanks for your attention.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not concerned at all, Ford has a lot riding on this release, they'll fix what ever might show up.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I spend an abnormally large amount of time on this forum. I'm wondering if I should lay off after I get my Bronco. Maybe post a few pictures, then leave before I get the you shoulda ordered the blah blah blah. And if I have issues, deal with them quietly, maybe post after final resolution.

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An early build was never in the cards for me due to multiple home improvement projects, but every post I read makes me feel better about waiting for 2023. Although the first model year of anything will have issues, the Bronco has been a shitshow because it was hyped so much and is commanding a premium price..

The vast majority of issues seem to be minor, but I cannot get past the MIC. They may be able to add a thicker layer of polymer to hide the honeycomb, but I don't see a simple fix to the rough and exposed edges. That is a design defect, and it's not a matter of "if" your top will delaminate, but "when."

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
An early build was never in the cards for me due to multiple home improvement projects, but every post I read makes me feel better about waiting for 2023. Although the first model year of anything will have issues, the Bronco has been a shitshow because it was hyped so much and is commanding a premium price..

The vast majority of issues seem to be minor, but I cannot get past the MIC. They may be able to add a thicker layer of polymer to hide the honeycomb, but I don't see a simple fix to the rough and exposed edges. That is a design defect, and it's not a matter of "if" your top will delaminate, but "when."
I tend to hold onto vehicles like grim death, so how well the top holds up over time, is a key concern of mine. How come I have a 23 year old TJ top and 36 year old CJ7 top - both fine after all those years. Yet Ford could not make a new top hold up for more than a few weeks without having issues? Hopefully growing pains, but I agree there is concern of the basic design and ability to mass produce without issues.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Each day I'm getting less and less concerned that I don't have a VIN or build date yet. Let them iron this stuff out, and I'll take my ride by next summer at this point.
Sponsored