Sponsored

Thoughts on Ford Pass Rewards Credit Card?

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hmmmm.. that’s interesting. It even says it on the Ford pass site.. “use it on a new vehicle purchase”

B7D0B65E-F4F2-420A-B0F5-A5708F5846EF.png
Yeah, I’d be pretty pissed if the dealer said no CC especially when Ford is pushing exactly that! I’d call Ford Corporate and ask what’s up if my dealer tried to pull that. If you want to add 3% or something for fees, that’s one thing, but no CC allowed is baloney.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Bringing this one back since I used the Ford CC deal for purchase. I put $3k on it at purchase time along with my down payment. I just got my rewards statement for my bronco purchase so ended up with 92,000 points. We plan to hold the 3k balance net 30.

1/24/2023 Earn Visa Dealership Purchases +30,000
1/13/2023 Earn Bronco Reservationists Thank You Bonus +20,000
1/13/2023 Earn Vehicle Purchase Points +42,000

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ended up with 692k points and used them all to buy my 23 BD 2dr SAS this month. I leveraged the bonus offers and paid it off every month. I’ll probably switch to a card that gives airline points or a straight cash back program now. I don’t plan on getting another vehicle for a long time.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ended up with 692k points and used them all to buy my 23 BD 2dr SAS this month. I leveraged the bonus offers and paid it off every month. I’ll probably switch to a card that gives airline points or a straight cash back program now. I don’t plan on getting another vehicle for a long time.
Is it safe to assume this was primarily business spending?

What was the dollar spend that you actually had to hit to achieve 692k even with the bonus offers?

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After I bought my Bronco, the point total came to 80,000 points worth $400. The exchange rate is pretty good. I don’t have the credit card, so the pre-existing 38,000 from service visits came as a surprise. Credit card or not DO REGISTER ALL OTHER FORDS IN THE FAMILY with your Fordpass Account. The points add up.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That's impressive. I have had a southwest card for a while to get points since we only really use them for flying scheduling convenience. I am using some to pay for a trip this weekend.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it safe to assume this was primarily business spending?

What was the dollar spend that you actually had to hit to achieve 692k even with the bonus offers?
Sort of. I use it for my brackets but most was personal. I got 200k for switching to a soft top when I bought my 21 bronco. I’m not sure what the spend was, guessing 50k?

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I set up my car insurance, and a few other recurring bills using the Ford card, and its allowed me to rack up a significant amount of points in past few years - most all my accessories have come free from Ford as a result - if you let them rack up in the background - it comes in pretty handy. About to get a free roof rack here next week using points - so it has paid off for me.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm really bummed I didn't take advantage of this earlier, I just applied tonight. But if I'm reading the info correctly, the Bronco purchase down payment has to happen in three months to get the bonus points. Did I read that right?
Sponsored