Thoughts on Key Fob?

Kaldur_Ahm

Big Bend
First Name
Collin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Accord
I wouldve liked something a little more rugged. I have always liked the JL Wrangler Key.

Also I think since this is the return of such a special vehicle, Ford should have made a fob that stands out from Mustang, F-Series, Etc.

Key fob.PNG

Advertisement

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
I agree with the simple and rugged philosophy.

But... if the fob had a chrome Bronco Eye styling like the ignition button or headlights, I definitely wouldn't yell at Levine.

Last edited:

Duck

First Edition
First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
I hope the make them better then my 17 Raptor fobs. Both of my ring mounts have disconnected from the fob. For what ever reason they made them modular. Can’t get either back together based on the design and new fobs are stupid spendy...

Toccoa

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Vehicle Showcase
They do need a new buttonless fob that is just the transmitter and a key. Like @ChrisMeyers said, with a modern car, you never take it out of your pocket or purse. Yes, it could be shaped like a Bronco headlight. 😉

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, and the Jeep.
I wouldve liked something a little more rugged. I have always liked the JL Wrangler Key.
/QUOTE]
It's a running joke among JL owners. There's a meme. It's too big. There are hacks to make the metal key flip out less easily as it tends to deploy in your pocket (insert juvenile joke here). I do appreciate that it's meant to look like a jerry can and that there is a specific place to stow it between the cup holders. My gripe about fobs vs keys is that a fob needs a place. Dropping it in a cup holder feels sloppy and poorly planned. My favorite actually are the fob/key hybrids that you actually insert into a socket. The market seems to be going away from those though.

Nate

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Clubs

While its very likely the Bronco and Bronco Sport will share a key fob, I think(and not to get all "shadows!" here) that thats a Sport under the tarp.

I agree with OP even though even if the key stays hidden in your pocket, I would love a cool special Bronco key.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Advertisement