Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wouldve liked something a little more rugged. I have always liked the JL Wrangler Key.

Also I think since this is the return of such a special vehicle, Ford should have made a fob that stands out from Mustang, F-Series, Etc.

Ford Bronco Thoughts on Key Fob? Key fob.PNG
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I mean, sure, but at least it says Bronco. It’s a Ford, it’s gonna get whatever the latest gen key fob they offer.

Ford Bronco Thoughts on Key Fob? 1595038552523

ChrisMeyers

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Key fobs pointless design these days. You never take it out of your pocket for anyone to see it. All the trims have standard keyless go. I can't remember the last time I took out my Mustang fob out of my pocket when out and about. I probably never have.

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with the simple and rugged philosophy.

But... if the fob had a chrome Bronco Eye styling like the ignition button or headlights, I definitely wouldn't yell at Levine.

Last edited:

Duck

First Edition
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I hope the make them better then my 17 Raptor fobs. Both of my ring mounts have disconnected from the fob. For what ever reason they made them modular. Can’t get either back together based on the design and new fobs are stupid spendy...

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They do need a new buttonless fob that is just the transmitter and a key. Like @ChrisMeyers said, with a modern car, you never take it out of your pocket or purse. Yes, it could be shaped like a Bronco headlight. ?

Sponsored

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, and the Jeep.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wouldve liked something a little more rugged. I have always liked the JL Wrangler Key.
/QUOTE]
It's a running joke among JL owners. There's a meme. It's too big. There are hacks to make the metal key flip out less easily as it tends to deploy in your pocket (insert juvenile joke here). I do appreciate that it's meant to look like a jerry can and that there is a specific place to stow it between the cup holders. My gripe about fobs vs keys is that a fob needs a place. Dropping it in a cup holder feels sloppy and poorly planned. My favorite actually are the fob/key hybrids that you actually insert into a socket. The market seems to be going away from those though.

Nate

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

While its very likely the Bronco and Bronco Sport will share a key fob, I think(and not to get all "shadows!" here) that thats a Sport under the tarp.

I agree with OP even though even if the key stays hidden in your pocket, I would love a cool special Bronco key.

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
While its very likely the Bronco and Bronco Sport will share a key fob, I think(and not to get all "shadows!" here) that thats a Sport under the tarp.
I think you’re right.

Ford Bronco Thoughts on Key Fob? 1595044369675