Sponsored

Thoughts on my intended lift/tire/wheel combo?

llanier44

Black Diamond
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 FX4; 2007 Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black Diamond 4 dr on stock 17" steelies...

Looking at 2" lift, 16" KMC Roswell wheels (0 offset) with 285/75/16 Dick Cepek Trail Country tires (or BFGs).

Tire Rack's visualization with the new combo:
Ford Bronco Thoughts on my intended lift/tire/wheel combo? KMC.JPG

The calculators tell me that the new combo will be roughly 33" circumference, will poke out 2.5" more than stock, move my inner sidewall out by 1.75", and reduce wheel well clearance by little more than half an inch.

What I am thinking through is the space in the wheel well with the 2" lift. I like a little room in there, and don't really need Huge tires. I just think the stock stance seems a little low for me. BTW, I usually always drop down a wheel size and ad bigger tires, as I like more sidewall. I know what I am going for isn't for everyone, but thoughts on what I'm thinking? am I missing anything? Backspace on the new wheels is little over 4.5". AND... I am keeping the original tires and wheels in case you are wondering.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you are fine with the tire size I think that is perfect. I like 16 with a 32-33. Really i am happy to never go over 16 unless its a big rig or tires are above 44s. Big wheels make a poor ride that requires more expensive shocks. Not to mention shock loads on joints that would otherwise be absorbed by air. Looks good!

Tellsnow

Base
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Specs aside (albeit ever important), I'm really liking how the setup looks. Nice choices!
Sponsored