Sponsored

Thoughts on rear facing speaker pods or making the current rear speakers rotate?

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone seen any options (other than the complete rearview blocking JBL soundbar) for rear facing speakers for our Broncos? I would love to have a way to have the current speaker pods rotate or flip up to push some sound out of the back when tailgating, sitting at the beach, camping, etc. The other option would be a small soundbar that sits behind the current cross bar. It looks like there is a single accessory mount in the middle but not sure if that would suffice without some sort of side stabilization. I looked around for examples on Jeeps and was surprised I didn't see anything.
Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You didn't find anything for jeeps because people just use a Bluetooth speaker as opposed to killing their car battery. If u wanted to rotate still. Some people here mounted boat speaker pods

OP
OP
fraserjr

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did these replace the existing speaker pods that were there? Do these rotate to the back?

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You'd be happiest with a seperate bluetooth speaker for these applications. The rear speakers don't get very loud, aren't full range, and don't sound good. Even upgrading with the best speaker pods, the head unit turns out hamburger at best to the rear. Don't buy steak. I've upgraded all my speakers, and the rear sounds so bad, I'm thinking about running all new wiring from the front and doing an analog balance between front and rear.
Sponsored