Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm sure I'm in a common position. I want to make something very clear. I love the Bronco. I've driven it on road, I've driven it off road at the Off Roadeo. It's fantastic. However, I'm in a predicament of having sold my second vehicle a few months ago because it was selling about $4k more than last year. I'm in Oregon and the only available car I have to drive after our primary, 2016 Fusion (which is also fantastic) is a 69 Mustang. The Mustang doesn't go out much during the winter because, well it's Oregon. I have never driven a Wrangler and I hear it's not as good on road as the Bronco, and even though the Bronco has the different driving modes, the Jeep is no slouch off road from what I've seen so I'm not worried about the off-roading in a Jeep. I probably won't be seeing a Bronco till a ways into 2022 maybe even 2023 because our local dealer is not a huge dealer and I'm sure it's allocation will be small. Ordered in May of 2021, no vin or anything.

I'll be honest, the Bronco will be driven more on road than off, but it will see it's share of off-roading. So given that most of the use will be on road, my questions are

1. How much worse is the on road driving of a Jeep? and remember I've got a 1969 car with 1969 steering so I'm used to some waywardness.
2. What would anybody else do in my position? Keep the Bronco and wait it out, borrowing another vehicle from the in-laws like (in my opinion) a scrub, or drop it and get a Jeep?

So all that also being said if your in Oregon and have a hardtop wildtrack lux package SAS bronco for sale, hit me up.
Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Youā€™ll be fine in a jeep. Iā€™ve had 3 of them that Iā€™ve driven year round. Just remember that youā€™re driving a flying brick and not a sports car, donā€™t be in a hurry. Youā€™ll do just fine.

GAbronco

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you want the smoothest ride on road, consider the Mojave Gladiator - it rides like my old Raptor. I am very impressed on how nice it drives. It is still extremely capable off-road too. Good Luck but i know your pain as I was excited about getting my badlands.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, I would go drive a Jeep and make your decision after that. If you're going to spend $50k - $60k+ on a vehicle you should probably make sure you actually like it.

For me personally... I do not like Jeeps and I have zero desire to own a Jeep, so I'm going to stick it out. But there are hundreds of thousands of very happy Jeep owners in this country.

OP
OP
Rex21c

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Still going to go drive a jeep just so I know, but I just got back from submitting my needed changes on my 2022 wildtrack and got it ordered. Had to pick a different color since mine was discontinued, and the cloth top is now optional on the wildrack. 2021 the hardtop was standard with no option to go to a cloth top, trust me I checked. Dropped the hitch, swapped in the cloth top, changed color to Cyber Orange.

Won't know for sure how it will effect when my order will be built till the build starts for 2022 in December, but the manager told me that they have 83 orders left to move to 2022, I was the first to move mine over. However, a couple things stuck out at me. He said specifically, he was waiting "for folks to come and do their order". The email said the dealer would be reaching out, but mine gave me the impression that he's going to wait for folks to contact him. So don't wait for your dealer, you can convert now, even if you changed nothing on your order you still need to do a new one. Their system showed I had 2 on order afterwards, a 2021 and a 2022. He took care of the 2021 order doing dealerly things. Knowing how many people follow through on stuff (organized many group functions), I'm banking about half will actually convert to a 2022, and half with either totally forget, or cancel. Putting me somewhere in the range of 40 folks depending on where I am in line for my dealer orders. When I put my order in, I was last in 8 pages, and now he's only got 3 so there was either a lot of orders filled, or a lot of cancellations.

So I think I'm going to hang in there....for those who care.

Edited for accuracy

Last edited:

Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm used to driving trucks, so the Jeep's rougher ride on the road doesn't bother me a whole lot. With that being said, Bronco is much smoother on road! IMO, the thing to worry about in a Jeep is comfort. Anything over an hour drive in a Jeep is ridiculously uncomfortable for me. I feel cramped. My back starts to hurt and my knees too.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A Rubicon Jeep is still thousands more than the Bronco I have optioned out at 39,595. Cant get anything from Jeep that fulfills the requirements my Bronco does for less than 43k, and to really go option for option, i'm at about 46k on a wrangler. And that's all without the extreme recon package that would really make it feature for feature.

All besides that, I don't want to deal with Wrangler's on-road waywardness, and I much prefer the Bronco's looks.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We took our '19 Wrangler JL on a 5K road trip the year we bought it, and had a blast. They do ride differently with the two solid axles on a stupid bad road, but on the highway they are a smooth as a babies butt. Now they do drive a bit different also with that soild front axle, and a pitman arm. But, with the correct tire pressure (35-37 in my case) it's no problem. If you have too much air pressure in the tires it can be a bit challenging. It's nothing you can't master with a few miles under your belt. You'll be just fine.

Just an aside. I have driven Fords for many years. I guess you can say I'm the consummate Ford "Fanboy". I bought my Jeep as a hold over until my Bronco arrived. Now, with all of the craziness around the reservation system I may not get a build date for my Bronco until 2024 as the date/time stamp means nothing anymore. So, I may have to cancel my Ford "Fanboy" membership, and just keep my Jeep for the long run. We enjoy it that much.

Last edited:

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I drove an 11' JKUR, mostly stock, for 6 years. Stock size tires, no major issues, went on a few road trips with 3 adults and 2 or 3 large dogs plus bags, did fine (but way underpowered, the new JL's are much better, also a bit larger than the JK's). JD Powers, problems per 100 vehicles, 2015, Ford was 188, Jeep was 197. 2021, Ford is 130, Jeep is 141, so both have improved. If I'm not mistaken a new JLUR weighs around 4600 lbs, the corresponding 4 door Bronco Badlands weighs 5100 lbs, right now I'm leaning towards a new JLUR, I don't feel a need to lug around an additional 500 lbs that serves no added function (still need my current truck for maybe 18 months though).

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm sure I'm in a common position. I want to make something very clear. I love the Bronco. I've driven it on road, I've driven it off road at the Off Roadeo. It's fantastic. However, I'm in a predicament of having sold my second vehicle a few months ago because it was selling about $4k more than last year. I'm in Oregon and the only available car I have to drive after our primary, 2016 Fusion (which is also fantastic) is a 69 Mustang. The Mustang doesn't go out much during the winter because, well it's Oregon. I have never driven a Wrangler and I hear it's not as good on road as the Bronco, and even though the Bronco has the different driving modes, the Jeep is no slouch off road from what I've seen so I'm not worried about the off-roading in a Jeep. I probably won't be seeing a Bronco till a ways into 2022 maybe even 2023 because our local dealer is not a huge dealer and I'm sure it's allocation will be small. Ordered in May of 2021, no vin or anything.

I'll be honest, the Bronco will be driven more on road than off, but it will see it's share of off-roading. So given that most of the use will be on road, my questions are

1. How much worse is the on road driving of a Jeep? and remember I've got a 1969 car with 1969 steering so I'm used to some waywardness.
2. What would anybody else do in my position? Keep the Bronco and wait it out, borrowing another vehicle from the in-laws like (in my opinion) a scrub, or drop it and get a Jeep?

So all that also being said if your in Oregon and have a hardtop wildtrack lux package SAS bronco for sale, hit me up.
Tough call, I've owned 4 Wranglers and received my Bronco August 2. The Bronco handles noticeably better than the Wrangler and has more power (2.7). Wrangler gets getter gas mileage. If you're going to own one or the other for ten years, I'd say wait for the Bronco. I prefer Bronco, but Wranglers are good too and I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Still going to go drive a jeep just so I know, but I just got back from submitting my needed changes on my 2022 wildtrack and got it ordered. Had to pick a different color since mine was discontinued, and the cloth top is now optional on the wildrack. 2021 the hardtop was standard with no option to go to a cloth top, trust me I checked. Dropped the hitch, swapped in the cloth top, changed color to Cyber Orange.

Won't know for sure how it will effect when my order will be built till the build starts for 2022 in December, but the manager told me that they have 83 orders left to move to 2022, I was the first to move mine over. However, a couple things stuck out at me. He said specifically, he was waiting "for folks to come and do their order". The email said the dealer would be reaching out, but mine gave me the impression that he's going to wait for folks to contact him. So don't wait for your dealer, you can convert now, even if you changed nothing on your order you still need to do a new one. Their system showed I had 2 on order afterwards, a 2021 and a 2022. He took care of the 2021 order doing dealerly things. Knowing how many people follow through on stuff (organized many group functions), I'm banking about half will actually convert to a 2022, and half with either totally forget, or cancel. Putting me somewhere in the range of 40 folks depending on where I am in line for my dealer orders. When I put my order in, I was last in 8 pages, and now he's only got 3 so there was either a lot of orders filled, or a lot of cancellations.

So I think I'm going to hang in there....for those who care.

Edited for accuracy
I had similar thoughts to yours. I could wait probably another 6 months if I knew I was going to get the Bronco for sure. Been waiting 14 monthd already. Having a problem with waiting for the Bronco longer than I expected, probably until Sept. of 22 now, (10 months more - maybe longer though). The new allocations could make things worse. Ford uncertainty and anti customer actions pushed me over to Jeep.

Owned a bunch of Ford pickups & Explorers and have had good & bad experiences along the way. I have never been a Jeep guy or seriously considered buying one. Since I have had to wait for the Bronco for a long time and been disappointed in Fords communication / process. I took 6 Rubicon test drives over the last 2 months to see what they are all about and to try and get a vehicle sooner than later or who knows when with Ford.

Based on the 6 test drives, the on road performance of the JL is very good I thought. I test drove Bronco's locally and attended / drove at an Off Rodeo. Love the Bronco and feel the 2022 Jeep JL is very close to the ride of the Bronco after driving them on the road and not worried about the Jeep off road. The new 2022 Rubicon compared pretty evenly on price and features with the Bronco Badlands non - SAS, which is my trim level. Jeep has 35" tire option, not sure how it compares $$.

Long story short, I ordered a 2022 Rubicon yesterday. Delivery expected end of January - mid February.

If the Jeep performs as I expect I'll be a Jeep guy in the end. I will still purchase the Bronco and see what I see. Not happy with Ford and Jeep is proven off road.
Just a note, the 2022 Rubicon has Electronic Sway Bar Disconnect standard, from reading B6G comments I thought it did not.

Ford Bronco design is excellent, had the benefit of copying Jeep in many areas and then improved on it marginally other than its really a different product utilizing IFS. Squatch was unique of course and not something I wanted though. IFS was what I wanted, Ford efforts to scuttle all my good feelings about buying Ford Bronco is working. I can afford to have both for a short time and then sell one and this was not what I wanted to do however. I'll still give the Bronco a trial rather than cancel.

My attitude usually is that it is what it is and to just deal with things without complaining.
Still not going to complain rather just take the appropriate action for me and it is what it is!

Just a note to Ford, IMO, Ford marketing to reservation & order holders and changing the allocation deal after a year couldn't be any worse as far as customer satisfaction goes. Adding more uncertainty to a already bad situation makes no sense if you are a customer based sales organization, which all retailers should be. Ford clearly is not customer centric when they make a deal and then change the deal. That is the stuff of the bad reputation used car dealers earn and now Ford proving to be one?
Makes no sense, so much on the line for the Bronco launch and Ford branding. What do you think of when you think of Ford? Deal changed!
Sponsored