beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
EDIT

for those who dont know there are 2 types of hard tops that ford is , so far , going to add for the bronco. The MIC top , and the mod top. the only hard top that is delayed to model year 23 is the MODULAR hard top which is much different from the hard top we see in videos/reviews (mic or molded in color). The MIC top is simply grey plastic. The mod top has removable windows/roof hatch/and paint options. We have only seen prototypes of the modular top so far.

So people are scratching their heads about the email but i think I understand what ford is doing.

So webasto screwed them over big time and its too late to fix everything in time to make everyone happy. So they are telling 4 door owners "hey we screwed up if you want your bronco faster get the soft top with(free) prep kit"

Meanwhile they are likely shifting hard top production to the 2 door which does not have a soft top option (which also has a smaller order quantity compared to 4 doors) so they can knock those orders all out and move production to full steam with the 4 door

The mod top thing was sort of expected. As they cant even get normal roofs out. But a year of customer feedback is a long time and will make the product better.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even though this didn’t go out to VIN holders, I’m reading between the lines that if you have a VIN with a MIC top, be prepared to be pushed out as you’re locked in.

BL2.7SAS4DR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a day 1 reservation in the Seattle area. The wiring for the hardtop is tempting. I'm in the Pacific Northwest and we snowboard a lot. I really don't want the softop, but maybe I'll switch now that it's wired for defrost ect... I probably won't switch to a soft top until I know that my build will be in Sept or later.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm ecstatic...Ford did what we asked with the wiring. I was just getting the MIC to get the wiring in prep for a white or body coored top...and then decided to bite the bullet and get the soft top and do without a defroster to get it more quickly. Now I get the best of both worlds. Ford did what a lot of people asked them to do.

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Output at Webasto is normalizing but not at a rate that will keep up with current demand.

There are, um, other things in the works now to remedy the problem.

They're slower, uglier processes, but the supplier hasn't really left them a choice.

Sponsored

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So people are scratching their heads about the email but i think I understand what ford is doing.

So webasto screwed them over big time and its too late to fix everything in time to make everyone happy. So they are telling 4 door owners "hey we screwed up if you want your bronco faster get the soft top with(free) prep kit"

Meanwhile they are likely shifting hard top production to the 2 door which does not have a soft top option (which also has a smaller order quantity compared to 4 doors) so they can knock those orders all out and move production to full steam with the 4 door

The mod top thing was sort of expected. As they cant even get normal roofs out. But a year of customer feedback is a long time and will make the product better.
Another way to think about it is that most 2 door orders will be auto delayed to at LEAST 22.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm ecstatic...Ford did what we asked with the wiring. I was just getting the MIC to get the wiring in prep for a white or body coored top...and then decided to bite the bullet and get the soft top and do without a defroster to get it more quickly. Now I get the best of both worlds. Ford did what a lot of people asked them to do.
But what if you have a June, July, or August build? Do you not get the prep kit?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really hope your right, or my build could continue slipping for a while, and other early reservers without VINs could be really screwed.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Even though this didn’t go out to VIN holders, I’m reading between the lines that if you have a VIN with a MIC top, be prepared to be pushed out as you’re locked in.
I'm a VIN holder and got the email. Also I'm a 2 door MIC order. My blend date is 6/30. My original scheduled week was July 19th. They pushed me up a month for some reason.

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bring on the 2 doors!!! Man I hope @PREMiERdrum is right. As things normalize more production should increase. Does only make sense, since 2 doors have no other top option and 4 doors can select soft top and still get the plumbing needed for hard top later.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really hope your right, or my build could continue slipping for a while, and other early reservers without VINs could be really screwed.
Exactly. Moved quick and got an early day 2 reservation, only to keep getting pushed and have November orders being built before me, and I can’t even opt into a soft top.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Output at Webasto is normalizing but not at a rate that will keep up with current demand.

There are, um, other things in the works now to remedy the problem.

They're slower, uglier processes, but the supplier hasn't really left them a choice.
Second source?

GABroncin

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar E-Pace, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a day 1 reservation in the Seattle area. The wiring for the hardtop is tempting. I'm in the Pacific Northwest and we snowboard a lot. I really don't want the softop, but maybe I'll switch now that it's wired for defrost ect... I probably won't switch to a soft top until I know that my build will be in Sept or later.
That's the scary part. We haven't heard a peep about when ours will be produced (of course) and our Dealer is pants-on-head [redacted] dumb, so we can't even ask them any questions... Do we switch it now and hope to get produced at some point this year or early next? Or do we wait til closer to September when forum users will continue to post their build dates and as soon as we see one for October we head to the dealer to change the order to get the soft top with the prep kit....

Last edited:
OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another way to think about it is that most 2 door orders will be auto delayed to at LEAST 22.
i have not even gotten a vin or anything yet so im not expecting it this summer

maybe fall or winter
Sponsored