OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I were Ford, Webasto would be fired as soon as a second source got up to speed. And there is no way Webasto would get the Mod Top contract. Seems to be what they are doing.
they are in the middle of a car launch they cant really fire them

however they likely are finding somebody else or building a factory for the tops
Sponsored

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You shouldn't be ecstatic. The way I read it, if you go with the prep kit, yes, you will get your Bronco faster. Bad news is, you won't be eligible to buy a hardtop until 2023. So, unless you are ok with going a solid 1-2 years with ONLY a soft top, you should be more disappointed than pleased at the situation.
the mod top is going to be amazing and worth the wait

remember model year 23 is september next year

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm a VIN holder and got the email. Also I'm a 2 door MIC order. My blend date is 6/30. My original scheduled week was July 19th. They pushed me up a month for some reason.
Yep- My 2 door was 7/26 now pushed up to 7/2. Maybe a good sign for all 2 doors

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the mod top is going to be amazing and worth the wait

remember model year 23 is september next year
I wasn't referring specifically to the mod top. If you want a MIC top, they will not sell you one as an "accessory" because they will be using all available MICS for currents orders through 2022. So, if you switch to prep kit and softy, you are stuck with a softy until 2023 with no way to get a hard one.

That might be acceptable to some people, but it doesn't sound doable for some of us that live in areas with harsh winters.

Sponsored

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just bit the bullet and switched to MIC. I'll make a judgment call when I see it in person, whether or not I'm going to have someone wrap/paint it black for me.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You shouldn't be ecstatic. The way I read it, if you go with the prep kit, yes, you will get your Bronco faster. Bad news is, you won't be eligible to buy a hardtop until 2023. So, unless you are ok with going a solid 1-2 years with ONLY a soft top, you should be more disappointed than pleased at the situation.
I'm more than okay with it. I just need a hard top for winter, and can deal with it for a while as long as I know I can get it at some point.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep- My 2 door was 7/26 now pushed up to 7/2. Maybe a good sign for all 2 doors
I have been seeing more 2DRS scheduled and built than I expected.

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a day 1 reservation in the Seattle area. The wiring for the hardtop is tempting. I'm in the Pacific Northwest and we snowboard a lot. I really don't want the softop, but maybe I'll switch now that it's wired for defrost ect... I probably won't switch to a soft top until I know that my build will be in Sept or later.
This is what I'm worried about. It said we had until July 16th to switch. Just my luck, I'll switch and get assigned a late August build.

Sponsored

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm more than okay with it. I just need a hard top for winter, and can deal with it for a while as long as I know I can get it at some point.
Nah dude, you have to feel how someone else EXPLAINS TO YOU how to feel :LOL:

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess us here in Canada are unaffected as we did not receive any notice. LOL

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you wait 1 or possibly 2 winters? If so, you are good. If not, I think you will be making a big mistake.

"The prep kit enables you to order a soft top now and purchase a hardtop later. We anticipate that hardtop roofs will be available for purchase in the 2023 calendar year. If you're interested contact your dealer before July 16, 2021."

It says hardtop roofs, which I believe means any and all hard tops. So, if someone wants to buy a MIC top to hold them over until the new hardtops come out and 2023, you won't be able to buy one within the next year or so. You will only have a soft top until 2023, because they won't be selling MIC tops a la carte because they need them to fill customer orders that have been placed over the last year.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What do you mean by “uglier”?

Output at Webasto is normalizing but not at a rate that will keep up with current demand.

There are, um, other things in the works now to remedy the problem.

They're slower, uglier processes, but the supplier hasn't really left them a choice.
Sponsored